Sign in to follow this  
bwcress

Mx83 engine harness question

im sending my engine harness out to be done for a 1j swap and was wondering if engine harness from a 89 cressida is the same as an engine harness from a 91 cressida? any help is highly appreciated

nope

No, they are not the same. Not much different, but not the same. Send the one that came out of your car.

honestly i dont feel like it so id rather pay and have it done right... but thanks for the info

honestly i dont feel like it so id rather pay and have it done right... but thanks for the info

The only critical difference is the B1 plug by the fuse box. The connector is a different shape/. You sending it to Dr. Tweak? Just wondering/

i actually havent decided if I am going to send it to tweak or jz swapper yet if you have any input on that lemme know im actually just looking for a spare harness to send out so i have less down time

dr tweak stands behind his work with a lifetime warranty.

mark (aphxero) does it right the first time. and way cleaner.

you decide.

Guy Smiley does it, all night long

Tweak is over priced, Mark is who taught me Toyota's workings, don't know who JZX swapper is.

I'm getting out of the swap harness game though. Making my own from scratch with upgraded wire gauges for certain important circuits, and a few other tricks I got going. Now I can charge more and not get cut in half 20 year old bullshit to make harnesses out of.

I'm an Elitist.