ChriSOL

Chris gets a 5 year head start, Justin still finishes first

I spy potential jailbait/attractive girl in passenger's seat. Next post should be her naked in the back.

^ word

sooo.... 2JZGTE, big twins, tubs and a ford 9" in the near future?

for now slamming on whatever wheels i can find for it and driving it. eventually 2jzge + auto and maybe attempt bagging it or IRS rear end swap somehow.

John and I were bullshitting and I told him I wanted an x3 wagon so he was like oh so you saw the one on Craislist? and i just looked at him like i was an idiot. It was in Tulsa and we tag teamed her with offers, i made the 5 hour drive there and back 2 saturdays in a row to check it out and then bring it home. its a 2 owner car, it either has 110. 210, or 310 thousand miles on the 4m which still runs awesome (70mph all the way back home).

Here's the bullshit:

x36 wagon, red with flaking vinyl woodgrain and missing plastic trim, big ass-shaped dent in the hood, rust hole you can fit your fist thru in the rear quarter, shattered driver side window, redneck wiring at battery that drains it overnight, blown/missing fuses, missing gas cap, center console electronics do not work, power steering belt missing, 3 tone tan/black/blue interior, flaky tint, stock 11x3 wheels with original tires dry-rotted to hell.

no joke, one exploded on me yesterday just driving it up the street.

I want it slammed, easiest way I can figure is the camaro shocks and inverted leaf springs (?) in the back and sw20/t3 coilover setup in the front. I am considering bagging it down the road for ease and convenience. I want a 2jzge with A/C and power steering, realistically. If I'm dreaming it will be ITB'd 1UZ with a bigass rear end and some rake.

I owe a big thanks to redbull who will be getting a case of beer for finding this and telling me about it.

Once it has that GRK touch on that boy it's gonna be fire B, F-I-R-E fire!

asshole !!!

where are you mankeys finding these ?!?

ive been looking for one over 4 years now..

got damnit raggin fraggin ugggggggggggggggggggggg

trips to the junkyard.

interior vinyl/ cloth paint

welder

wutevers from an auto parts store

sidedrafts on a NA 2j.

yes?

or if you used 1.5 inches of cream cheese.

but im looking at a set of enkei 92's simply because they are the only wheel i can find that suits the car's needs atm. ill be junkyard diving this weekend looking for something cooler.

my suggestion is to keep it looking like this, welding up the rust all raw then letting it get a week or so of flash rust on it, then hit it with a gallon of clear. crudely pop out the ass divot in the hood. just push on it from behind. get a sweet roof rack for it. NOT THULE. something old, steel frame, wood slats or cloth webbing, and cool looking. get a steamer trunk and some other nick nacks for up there. one of my friends put half a manequin on one of those roof racks. it was pretty hilarious.

that car has a TON of character. no reason to go hiding that under a bunch of new fangled bullshit like glossy paint.

I plan on leaving it as close to this condition as possible and only doing driving mods. I was going to just cut and weld a plate over that hole and do exactly what you described as far as the dent and surface rust. I have a keg for the roof rack, plus it might see actual duty for road trips to the beach. I dunno about hauling my snowboarding gear to NM or CO, though.

Right now I am really looking for a decent set of wheels to throw on it so I can get what I need to slam it. Any suggestions where to look? been scouring Craigslist and all the other usual sources without much luck...

maybe found wheels so the car can move from the parents' driveway where I abandoned it.

maybe found a driver's side window so i can cruise with a/c on. provided it works as described.

needs to have the electrics gone through still, but i replaced all the shitty mismatched tube fuses (all 6 of them) and i found one holder needs to be replaced too. there's some janky wiring in the bay that has been semi-sorted. need to trace under the dash and replace more of it.

when it starts again i should be able to tell where i am at with it.

contacted T3 to see about custom front suspension, gonna be a little invasive and i'm scared to cut strut tubes on this car as there is no replacement readily available in case of fuck up.

talked to my friend about machining custom lowering blocks for the rear.

fuck me, this shit is getting to be a problem. i now have too many vehicles...

89 jzx cress: needs final wiring for digi dash, some cutting and piping for intercooler, final engine harness connecting to run.

89 no engine no tranny cress shell: what the fuck am i going to do with it?

90 miata, finished engine swap and install of all parts laying around garage, current daily.

96 cbr 600 f3: removed gas tank, stripped. going to polish and pinstripe it, sell it to roommate.

plus i have my girl's shitty BHG for exploder parked in front of my house. IT HAS TO GO.

my house looks white trash as hell.

im not ready to sell yet :P

but you know when i am youre the only person i am going to talk to about it...

How different are x7 and x3 struts? I've never seen a x3 one, but if they're close enough I have some x7 ones that are already stripped ready for cutting, if you want I can take some measurements.

l_2048_1536_075839fd-85a4-4bc6-9ffc-cb61bcd8b2f5.jpeg

wheels are on, illustrates properly that this car needs to be dropped very soon. decided on the blocks/t3 coilover idea for now so i can put the money i save into finishing the x8.

found a '78 front end in a junkyard about 1.5 hours away. found a window in a junkyard in southeast houston... fuck. so unless someone can pick it up for me im driving sans-window for the time being.

the alternator is nig-rigged for sure. the mounting bolt had worked its way out and was about to fall off before i caught it. the double belts that drive it and the water pump off the crank are on the wrong pulley so i need to redo them. i have no idea who maintained this car prior to me but it was definitely an Okie.

there are still some wiring bugs causing the following problems:

- headlights work but brights do not. bulbs are good.

- overdrive does not work.

- center console electrics do not work including fan and clock.

- marker lights, parking lights and tails do not come on/work intermittently.

- battery does not hold a charge/drains when charged

the more i drive it the more i am convinced it needs an NA 2jz with all accessories/amenities. I have been driving without power steering and it's definitely not bad, but it wouldn't hurt anything either since this thing maneuvers like a boat through parking lots.