Sign in to follow this  
blaine

w58 swap

well i didnt have the parts in front of me yet, and i wanted to know exactly what i was doin before hand. my bad for the stupid post...

Guest RoyRogers

has anyone had tranny mount issues before with this swap. my tranny mount doesn't line up to the holes in the chassis. i assume that i can just re-drill holes but i was wondering if anyone else has ran into this situation. also the electrical underneath the dash. now that the clutch pedal is in, the electrical doesn't fit well at all. any advice? thanks

Dude, theres like a gazillion holes prethreaded in the chassis to relocate the crossmember section. Flip the thing around.

has anyone had tranny mount issues before with this swap. my tranny mount doesn't line up to the holes in the chassis. i assume that i can just re-drill holes but i was wondering if anyone else has ran into this situation. also the electrical underneath the dash. now that the clutch pedal is in, the electrical doesn't fit well at all. any advice? thanks

Yeah, move that shit around. One of those stupid boxes kept my clutch pedal from going all the way up so that it was partially engaged at all times. Don't let that happen, it will fuck a perfectly good clutch quick. Use some cheap thin scrap metal and make some brackets for that stuff if the originals don't wanna work, but depending on the directio9n your car is headed alot of that shit might be useless anyway.

but depending on the directio9n your car is headed alot of that shit might be useless anyway.

yeah, i had to keep the box for the stock alarm system or whatever it was. car wouldn't start without it. but the other for "speed control" - you should be able to ditch. mine is unplugged.