onefinefivedime

7mgte swap

i know im prolly gona get alot of shit for not using the search button.. but i diont have much time to give an answer ... im able to pick up a turbo supra for $100 and want to know how much of a pain in the ass is it 2 swap it into my x8? my cress is @ 180k and im afriad of the BHG creepin up on me @ anytime (due to the horror stories) its my cruiser, im never hard on it and i keep it maintained , so my plans were 2 keep an eye out for a cheap 7m replacement, rebuild it and throw it in, would love a jz but already have a pain in the butt swap w/ my datsun (ka swap done ONCE,done RIGHT) then this supra comes fallin in my lap.... ive always wanted a turbo car. =) so back 2 the question.. is it a pain? worth it? can i leeave it a/t? thanks alot guys!

Spend the money, THEN use the search button, then follow your signature. If you're worried about things being a pain in the ass, get a different car.

Do it...the only "hard" parts are wiring and cutting and welding the supra oil pick up to work in front sump oil pan.

^

Just reuse your oil pump and pan from the 7MGE.

Dude, it's only $100 fucking dollars. Come on man.

Just buy it and part it out to get more cash if nothing else.

i considered using the 7mge oil pump, but i heard from a couple people that did it that way, that their motors only lasted a few weeks before they grenaded.

Somewhere on one of the larger supra forums, I saw flow graphs some guy did of the GE vs GTE pump. Both flowed about the same; the difference was negligible. Vague, I know. But that and enough other celica supra guys were running the GE pump to make me say fuck it.

Besides, for $100 who gives a fuck?

Spend the money, THEN use the search button, then follow your signature. If you're worried about things being a pain in the ass, get a different car.

ooo! touche! dam, i sound like a bitch that doesnt get his hands dirty. but yea thanks everybody, i sure as hell wasnt gona turn it down regardless cuz like u said 7mx63 its only $100! i just have never looked into it so i dint know if it was gona be one of those " oh no dont do it nothing is the same as the x8 7m u have 2 fabricate everything for it to work" dont want that so @ the least i was gona pick it up get it running and sell it . but id rather have a turbo cress in the near future and cash from selling every piece on the dam car . so on that note, if anyone needs parts for an ma70 supra u know where to get em! =) and tougecrameryroll... share ur horror story? where u raped by a 7m? (not talkin shit dude, i swear)

hey man is the supra 5 speed? im lookin to find a whole 5 speed swap for my 89... if so hit me up i live in n.c.

the problem isnt the oil pump. when many install a gte in their cressidas the na oil filter housing has to be used. 90% of those ppl dont use an oil cooler. the purpose of the cooler is to cool the oil so it doesnt break down due to heat. the problem with the stock oil cooler is that only when the oil reaches a certain pressure level, then the relief valve opens allowing it to be cooled. to fix that, get an aftermarket oil cooler and an oil relocation kit. the crush pipe on the pump is another issue. it restricts flow. a steel braided line is recommended. change all oil seals, cam cover gasket, and change ur oil bi weekly and u should be fine. a head gasket is much more easier to repair than a knockin motor so attack the oil issues of the motor when u can.

hey man is the supra 5 speed? im lookin to find a whole 5 speed swap for my 89... if so hit me up i live in n.c.

GOT IT!!! .. na dude its auto, .. but i actually bought it for the motor so if it was i wouldnt sell it to you .. sorry =) pretty decent car missing very minimal parts (need intercooler piping) but turns over and everything. interior is in pretty good shape too ,just dirty. since it was a friend of mine he gave me extra crap he didnt want.(included for the $100) another stock intercooler and sequential twin turbo setup! =D has the manifold and everything (says its from a jz, idk) that might be fun 2 play with if its worth a dam! ..sequentials on a ka in my datsun would be fun!! >=) buah hah! *evil laugh*..

It's anfairly easy swap dude check out my build thread in fuckin showoffs and you will have all you need

i considered using the 7mge oil pump, but i heard from a couple people that did it that way, that their motors only lasted a few weeks before they grenaded.

And this probably had nothing to do with them adding a turbo to an engine that didn't have one from the factory.

It's anfairly easy swap dude check out my build thread in fuckin showoffs and you will have all you need

o cool ill check that out asap thanks dude! and hen(tai) yes it did, and theyre for sale! ..the whole dam car is for sale (minus whatever parts i need of course) so if any of u need anything from an 87 supra lmk. ill post pics if ur interested (but only if ur interested cuz its nuthin special)

ok. i really REALLY hate to be the grammar police, but its super painful to read your posts.

1) stop abbreviating you to U

2) and at to @

3) and your/youre to ur.

and while were at it,

4) a dam restricts flow of water in a river while damn is to send something to hell...which is where youre about to go if you dont take the time to make your posts easier to read.

stop being lazy. i rarely post from my phone for this exact reason. i dont need to share my words THAT badly, and dont want to force people to read the crap that comes off my thumbs. please spell as well as you can, and use commas and periods. apostrophes are optional.

ok. i really REALLY hate to be the grammar police, but its super painful to read your posts.

1) stop abbreviating you to U

2) and at to @

3) and your/youre to ur.

and while were at it,

4) a dam restricts flow of water in a river while damn is to send something to hell...which is where youre about to go if you dont take the time to make your posts easier to read.

stop being lazy. i rarely post from my phone for this exact reason. i dont need to share my words THAT badly, and dont want to force people to read the crap that comes off my thumbs. please spell as well as you can, and use commas and periods. apostrophes are optional.

SIR, YES SIR! ..to my utmost ability.