Just curious what yall are runnin and how happy you are with that setup... Also curious if anyone's used the boost control kit for the power fc and how well it worked cause this is the route I'm thinkin I'ma go here soon...

No need for anything super fancy for most of us. I'll prolly just get a perrin mbc, 50 bucks and i've never heard anything bad about them.

MBC VS. EBC

MBC-

Pros: Cheap, it works, set it and forget it.

Cons: no spike control, pain if your tuning and playing with Boost, Boost gauge needed.

EBC:

Pros: Electronic controlled, Boost spike saftey, Easy to set and change boost.Fancy display, No need for a Boost gauge (usually built in)etc.

Cons: Expensive , Wiring (if you hate wiring), Some boost controllers are to complicated,

There's probably more but you get the point.

MBC FTW

Unless you want throttle based boost and have 700 dollars to kill. Then HKS EVC or Blitz Dual SBC-ID Color, are good choises...

If you are going to spend that much money on a boost contoller though, you may as well invest that in a decent engine management system that does thorttle based boost as well.

To the OP, the powerFC boost control works pretty well, and I would recommen going that route.

yup, my faves are evc or dsbc as well, having a e-boost controller helps a lot, especially in a car that has trouble making boost down low. not to mention you can adjust the boost characteristics to your liking

as for me, being a broke ass, i run wastegate spring. no need for a boost controller yet until i start tuning

Blitz DSBC. Very happy with it, pretty easy to manage and makes a big difference in driveability vs a MBC.

MBC FTW

Unless you want throttle based boost and have 700 dollars to kill. Then HKS EVC or Blitz Dual SBC-ID Color, are good choises...

If you are going to spend that much money on a boost contoller though, you may as well invest that in a decent engine management system that does thorttle based boost as well.

To the OP, the powerFC boost control works pretty well, and I would recommen going that route.

If you're going with THAT much money on something, time to nut up anyways and get AEM or ViPEC.

AEM doesn't control vvt-i out of the box though right? I looked into the vipec v88 and that seems to be the ticket end of story, but I make ten bucks an hour and powerFC w/commander and boost control kit for $1500 seems way better than the $2500 + for the vipec, at least for me. It should get me as far as i want to go.

EBC is the way to go I have used manual boost controller for years and they shit.

My Mark 2 has a Blitz dual SBC -i 3 , I love it works perfect. My Civic has the AEM true boost works awsome for the price you can not go wrong its under $200 and comes with a digital boost gauge.

Turbo Smart E-Boost is really good unit to if you don't mind spending a bit more cash that is all we use at work on our high HP cars.

MBC FTW

If you're going with THAT much money on something, time to nut up anyways and get AEM or ViPEC.

I run the Turbosmart E-Boost2 Its ridiculously expensive but has so many features i splurged. . Having had and built many Standalone cars with boost control built in, I gotta say i like having a dedicated boost controller. With my Eboost i can have 6 boost levels vs 1 or MAYBE 2 on a stand alone. . I have the ability to control boost independently of the car tune. . and i dont need a fuckin laptop to change my boost. . A couple of other good things bout the eboost is like Shiftlight (blinking then steady on.. tuneable) and a Boost/vs RPM based output (for like water meth or nitrous or other shit like that ) And it has many logics to control boost any fuckin way you want. . like gear based/time based/delay based(how fast the next boost level ramps in) etc.. Used pretty heavily in like drag bikes .. so it fuckin works. . Just takes forever to fuckin learn how. etc. . but once you get it its very logical/simple. . like anything australian. .

Other than that .. i like HKS evc's. . Apexi's are good but complicated . . Not a fan of AEM truboost.. but cheap as hell and it works. . Blitz no idea . ..

And as far as MBC i gotta say.. Turbosmart again. . clockwise to add boost, clicks, ball and spring for better holding, lockable and doesn't look like a fuckin homemade POS from the 80's. . Perrin looks good.. never seen one in person before. .

G.

I like avcr for internal gate cars and just perrin or hallman for lower boost (under 18psi) with giant wastegate.

Old school GREDDY PROFEC-B

i've heard of alot of people liking the older profec b.

i have an AVC-R, tho just the controller itself, just need to piece together the rest of it.

I've always liked the AVC-R, but I want to keep it simple. So I just picked up the old Greddy Profec-B (BTW, for those that have one of these, what's the difference between this and the newer Type-S?)

The Truboost performs fine but it's cryptic to use and you'll probably never remember the stupid tree of command for making it do something. "Set it and forget it" as far as I'm concerned.

The HKS has a really nice interface and is solid as fuck, but the way it needs to be run (Not as a bleed-off system) requires a lot of line and the big ass manifold that goes with it.

I recommend this:

Hallman Evolution Nucca!

hallman-evorx_large.jpg

Run a gauge and you have cockpit adjustable MBC reliability and no wires to set your car on fire - wooooo!!

Just pull some timing where it wants to spike.

^+1

I have the same one. I have the knob mounted next to the steering wheel for super easy acess.

048b.jpg