chraged1ux83

My 1uzx83 budget build

Sup guys, so I haven't touched my car since relocating the fuse box and I am seriously thinking of quitting. I need some inspiration to finish it, so please feel free to inspire me.

^

I've kept my project for 5 years through numerous girlfriends, layoffs, house moves, 2 kids, foreclosure and now a battle with cancer.

Are you seriously going to let a 20 year old car get the best of you when all it takes is some headphones in your ears to get you in the zone?

DON'T QUIT, IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

its not worth it seriously nothing brings joy in your life than a cressida i seriously miss mine so much i wish i never had sold and if i ever find the tools in phoenix who have it now i will go rip out there lungs and kill them. 7mx63 has had his for five years i wish i was more like him.And if i know if feisar wouldnt kick my ass over putting pictures that have already been put up in my thread i would have already posted them but its not necessary your car is awesome and is having the same problems i am having with my gs300 with 1uz swap but when its done it'll be worth it and you'll think its stupid u tried to sell it just my 2 cents though.

A big American car isn't at all what I think of when I hear "yank tank"

lolled for realz

Dude, I've been through over 17 7M's both turbo and non and my love for Cressida's is what keeps me motivated. You could do it!

YouCanDoIt.jpg

^

I've kept my project for 5 years through numerous girlfriends, layoffs, house moves, 2 kids, foreclosure and now a battle with cancer.

Are you seriously going to let a 20 year old car get the best of you when all it takes is some headphones in your ears to get you in the zone?

DON'T QUIT, IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

Wow, thanks so much, I really hope everything works out. I really appreciate that.

I love my car, but dealing with pretty bad depression at the moment it drains every ounce of motivation from me. But now I realize that my problems aren't shit compared to some, and also that people love cressida's as much as I do!

Just another way of trying to deal with my depression I guess. But seriously thanks guys, I know that this is only an interwebz forum, but the cressida is a massive part of my life, I brought my daughter home from the hospital in it which is a big deal as far I am concerned.

Time to suck it up! So I have made a decision to take 1 week annual leave from work, I figure that SHOULD be enough to get my manifolds in, all the plumbing hooked up and ready for the exhaust to be welded up. Once that is done it should run with the standard ECU just to get it back on the road as it still has rego, then in a few weeks getting a stand alone ECU, wind up the psi then powah!!

17 x8's?? Wow.... I have had 5, I thought that was a lot!

Stay tuned....

just a question.

i thinks its obvious your not having aircon?

but anyway how are you gonna run your zorst (from the dump pipe back) i seem to have such limited space haha

was there anything else you had to re-locate/modify to run those manifolds?

but seriously i think it will be awesome once you finish, i know it seems like a money pitt but imagine the end result (orgasmic)

i hope ya hang in there cant wait to see how it performs and goodluck with it all

^^^

Hey dude, yeah the space is very limited so You have to ditch the overflow bottle and move the loom that runs along the rocker cover, also my fuel lines run up that side which I will just attach to the firewall and heat cover it. Haha, my dump pipe is 4" into 3" and is VERY close to the engine and engine bay. I haven't had it running, but when it does I think it will get a little hot lol so I will put that foil stuff on either side.

I will post pics up asap of where it goes.

P.S I will be finishing this!

hey man, i spose with the turbo being where the battery is, the exhaust (right hand side) wont interfere with the steering anymore

haha i can imagine the tight squeeze and yeah i thought the fuel lines would be an issue, at least you have worked around it, and yeah just smash on heaps of that heat shit

awesome gla dto hear your finishing it, can't wait to see it, this is becoming inspirational and steering me away from supercharging haha,

I know on the Left hand drives, the driver side manifold is a tight squeeze against the steering shaft. One way to make room is to install the LS400 rack but you lose steering angle. Courtesy of Daft. So I'm guessing for you RHD ppl, it's probably the same issue.

yeah the steering is in a issue (and yea being on the right here), that why its easier to run single turbs i would say that way your manifolds direct forward, then a single zorst down one side (left) i would love TT though, but then again i would love any turbos

i would def prefer turbo over supercharger, but then the things involved and money becomes an issue ofcourse.

yeah the steering is in a issue (and yea being on the right here), that why its easier to run single turbs i would say that way your manifolds direct forward, then a single zorst down one side (left) i would love TT though, but then again i would love any turbos

i would def prefer turbo over supercharger, but then the things involved and money becomes an issue ofcourse.

Money is the biggest issue! It was pure luck that I came across the setup I have now for next to nothing.

Finally pulled my finger out and worked on my whip! Dumied the turbo up to see how it would fit, everything is sweet so far, other then the turbo needing to go back a little.

Sneak peek...

post-2036-1274753180_thumb.jpg

Are you gonna be good on rad support that is looking aweful close there

Cut a hole beneath the turbo where the battery was and run the pipe from the turbo to the I/C. Run one of them funky flat cone filters and your set.

It's actually a bad picture angle, everything clears incl the rad & rad support, but yes it is way too close. I think I may have to take it back an inch. Have all of IC piping ready to go, like CA said, I am going to have to cut a hole on both sides and run the piping through there.

Once it is all in I want to make a dummy headlight with a just a hole in it.

should be cool gl!

Take off the glass housing from the headlight and have a plastic shop replicate the glass lens out of plastic. Towards the inner or outer end of your headlight, install a projector headlight, then the side of the headlight thats not being occupied, cut a big hole to feed your turbo and seal the projector beam to protect it from debris and dirt. It'll be fucking interesting to see. Then again, i'm just throwing around ideas because I'm bored.

Hey Mo, I was actually doing that today!!

Quick update, just slowly putting it together as I injured my arm at work...... Everything is coming together though, hoping to start it tomorrow!

post-2036-1276430489.jpg

post-2036-1276430497.jpg

post-2036-1276430480.jpg

I'll believe almost 600 ft/lbs this next go around, looking lovely

Look at Ranlet's build to see what plastic material he used for his headlight delete...I think it would be perfect for what you want to do. It's cheap and REALLY easy to work with.

Looks like she's gonna be a beast!