cressida008.jpg

cressida006.jpg

cressida001.jpg

cressida003.jpg

cressida002.jpg

built back in 05' still running strong.

100% FAIL 7mgte

r154 trans

stock exhaust - 2" exhaust on a turbo car?

espilar springs - waste of money

stock interior

MKIII sawblades

So your this guy?

http://**jdmtytefanboicorolla**roku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20991

If so GTFO

You swapped out a 1JZ for a 7M, what the fuck is wrong with you?

You really came to the wrong forum

I used to see this car around the Mississippi area. I liked it.

However.. hearing a 1j was taken out in favor of a 7m... that makes baby jesus cry.

babyjesus.jpg

Were you the one that made that choice or was it whoever you sold it to?

either way, can I ask why?

Glad you have your car back. I see you have been on here for a long time so... Im sure you know what to expect from this thread.

Good luck.

I used to see this car around the Mississippi area. I liked it.

However.. hearing a 1j was taken out in favor of a 7m... that makes baby jesus cry.

babyjesus.jpg

Were you the one that made that choice or was it whoever you sold it to?

either way, can I ask why?

Glad you have your car back. I see you have been on here for a long time so... Im sure you know what to expect from this thread.

Good luck.

The 1jz was taken out because it blew up. i bought it for $975 shipped and sold it for $1275 to a friend who wanted it for his 32 ford coupe, he didn't care that it needed a rebuild.

another reason i made the decision to take the 1jz out and go with the 7mgte with 5-speed because the guy who was buying it wanted a turbo 5-speed and didn't care if it was a 7mgte. i bought an entire 88 supra turbo for $600, pulled the drivetrain. rebuilt the engine for like $700 threw it in a $200 cressida, to sell for $5k, purchaser then drove it for 2 years made one payment of $1,000 and decided he couldn't afford it so he gave it back. i wasn't the one taking payments for it. my dad bought it off me and was selling it to his close friend. which didn't work out.

the owner put the espilar springs on it. never had money to put a better exhaust on it. never had money to do anything to it. besides put new tires on it.

The 1jz was taken out because it blew up. i bought it for $975 shipped and sold it for $1275 to a friend who wanted it for his 32 ford coupe, he didn't care that it needed a rebuild.

another reason i made the decision to take the 1jz out and go with the 7mgte with 5-speed because the guy who was buying it wanted a turbo 5-speed and didn't care if it was a 7mgte. i bought an entire 88 supra turbo for $600, pulled the drivetrain. rebuilt the engine for like $700 threw it in a $200 cressida, to sell for $5k, purchaser then drove it for 2 years made one payment of $1,000 and decided he couldn't afford it so he gave it back. i wasn't the one taking payments for it. my dad bought it off me and was selling it to his close friend. which didn't work out.

the owner put the espilar springs on it. never had money to put a better exhaust on it. never had money to do anything to it. besides put new tires on it.

I KNEW there had to be a story behind it.

Because nobody would do that.

where is this Duce with the 1j? Still being built?

I KNEW there had to be a story behind it.

Because nobody would do that.

where is this Duce with the 1j? Still being built?

yeah, still being built. i need to grab the x81 mounts of the engine since he isn't using them for his application.

Ahhh, Cedar's old car, eh?

That thing had a 7MGTE in it years ago when I picked up my X8 from him. OG car for sure. I think it was about 4 years ago, cause I was 17 when I picked up my first X project. Dope shit.

Ahhh, Cedar's old car, eh?

That thing had a 7MGTE in it years ago when I picked up my X8 from him. OG car for sure. I think it was about 4 years ago, cause I was 17 when I picked up my first X project. Dope shit.

This is Cedar. :D hows it goin tom.

Hmmmm. Cool story bro. So what's going into it when the 7m blows up?

built 2jzgte single turbo...stupid amount of power. already got the r154 to hold the power. i'm betting that the 7mgte will last long enough for me to gather. it had new pistons, new bearings, hks headgasket,crank re ground 10 under, arp head studs properly over TQed 80ft lbs. new hoses and vacumm lines through out.

i'm not gunna push the 7m that hard, but it can take some power its not the weakest engine in the world. shit i'm surprised everyone doesn't love them, seeing as how that its what makes picking up a cressida so damn cheap is them always having a blown headgasket.

I think the anger stems from needing to rebuild everything asap when you have one. I went through two 7m's before getting my 1j. Some people have gone through more.

This is Cedar. :D hows it goin tom.

Haha! Oh shit, it's all making so much sense now. Welcome back, man.