what size oil restrictor did you use and what size is youre feed and why? seen a lot of dude run that thing no restrictor and swear by that... just curious have the same turbo

cleaned out wastegate today and put in a smaller spring. aeromotive stealth pump and new turbo will be here by the weekend. I don't feel too awesome about running 17psi on pump so the goal is 13-14 on pump and 17-18 on 92/120 mix. 14 should be good for 450whp.

Cleaned my wiring up too since you know, I do that for a job lol. No one pays me to work on my own shit though. Don't care really.

You pay yourself for your own labour.Instead of being paid in greenbacks you get paid the pure enjoyment and gratifacation of ripping shit up in a sick jz powerd automobile.Priceless.

Fucking stoked to see this thing shred agian.

^yeah totally :) New turbo goes on tomorrow. Got the aeromotive all loaded up on a fuel sender ready to swap out. PARC is next weekend.

Put it on today :) Wastegate and line are all clean now. Boost is under control. Hits 10psi at 3400rpm in 4th. Even below that it's never really in vacuum. Took out the joe gibbs and put in Castrol Edge 5w30. So far so good.

019_zps614d3fe1.jpg

Did some stickertune.

008_zps86c767e6.jpg

I have to do a little more tuning and get it to right about 14psi. After that it's just tires and drifting.

BIG THANKS! To Rich at xcessive for welding the elbow on and making me a better drain fitting.

damnyeahpanicwiremx83_zps65a06d75.jpg

one day i hope to see this car in person

Thanks bros. It means a lot that my jzx fammy still cares lol.

Did a ton of shit today.

New bridgestone re760 up front. Changed rear wheels. Changed messed up axle. Changed wastegate spring to 14psi yes! Its the right amount for pump gas/street use right now.

Noticed from my match marks the crank pulley bolt moved. Rich from Xcessive made a tool to hold the pulley which was awesome. Shits tight now :)

Still has one headlght. Still has ghetto air filter. Just the way I like it.

the videos could not come quicker!!

Good to see this guy getting love again!!

This week was busy. Got new re760s, replaced some heims out back, aligned it, retuned. Turns out vvti was slow and unresponsive due to a bad solenoid. Probably bit it last time I blew it up since there was zero oil in the engine.

Anyhow, out of boost it's up 30-40hp everywhere. Low boost setting of 14psi is conservatively 468whp (basically less up top but more down low with less boost) which is totally okay with pump gas. Powerband is smooth and deliberate.

put on new oil cooler today: setrab_zps7932eac5.jpg

Drifting tomorrow...

And for the record here's specs on the engine.

BW s360

id1000cc

stock cams

manley springs/retainer

porting/valve job by ken schaeffer (ken is an absolute beast when it comes to head flow) HIGHLY recommended!

ARP everything

stock early model NA rods/pistons

King race bearing

Stock rings

Fluidampr crank pulley

All the oem stuff on the outside is new

AEM series 2

Plus a bunch of other stuff

Super simple right?

conservatively 468whp....

That's fucking killer.Sounds like the hard work paid off.

Pretty bummed that i will not be at parc to witness the mayhem.

Can't wait to see the pic's and shit.

Is that the head i sent you?

That head served me well. Crazy that the head and block are both in use know.

Drift event went well, Had an issue on the way there and ended up taking the clutch off at the track (thanks okidriftjr for the help) Other than that it performed as it should. datalogs show no knock or anything.

all is well :) Now its time to think about paint and stuff.

so the clutch I run comes with these midplate retainers that prevent the midplates from free floating and thus not making too much noise. 2 of the 3 broke so the midplates would get cocked at a weird angle. also some of the springs that keep the midplates from rattling fell out between the discs and stuff.

This is what happens when you make a performance part with something useless like that tacked on to appease the kind of pussies who care about clutch noise. as soon as it's driven man style it all goes to shit.

With that said, it's been an excellent clutch performance wise. Here's a visual:

romanator-76369-albums-hks-gd-max-twin-d

Those things in yellow are what broke. Probably from clutch kicks.

SBSH1515.jpg

Theres what the little springs look like. 7 of the 9 were out and causing all kinds of shit to happen.

TBH I find the clutch rattle very reassuring. not to mention it intimidates normals who have no idea that the noise is. My car has a lot of those noises.

I was impressed he disassembled the clutch with the trans still bolted to the block.

That car rips hard!