keep this bullshit out of my thread. anyhow, i have to take a day off from work to get it legal so who knows when that will happen? i havent seen my red car in weeks and you know i dont really care.

this car will be cool when i can afford it ya know? I spent all the money i made this whole year so far just getting it so progress will be slow. probably never see the track anyway but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

^^^

FOR REAL!

Hot damn Mark, you are the most under-paid bad-ass I know. Good things come to those who wait........ People in glass houses, sink ships............ you can't cross the street, unless you get out of the kitchen.............

Why don't you make like a tree, and get tha fuck outta here.

He's on a roll, don't stop now!

Mark, I may try and drop by the shop tomorrow for a look-see if it's there.

It's not that I don't make money. My shop is very good to me in that regard. It's just that unlike most drifters building hot cars, I have to pay for everything out of pocket. Sure I could get a credit card but then it would take even longer since it would in effect cost more.

all of you who have grants/sponsors/parents etc have it so good. Try building a drift car when 80% of your pay never hits your wallet.

But yeah, at least my shit is MINE!

Just ranting. Done now.

mark, i think most the ppl on this particular board are in the same boat as you. but i do agree with your rantings. even though i sorta fell into that catagory when i was modding the 240, living at home with minimal rent money and i kept 80% of my cheque roughly. now ... i keep like 20% if that, and the rest goes to other shit like bills and living and eating.

exactly... and the fact that most of the OGs from here pieced together parts or made their own as opposed to off the shelf stuff

got some new stuff for it. Gonna buy paint etc. This is gonna take a while. I'm estimating $3000 so maybe 6-9 months.

I'll get pics soon but it's nothing special really.

Here's what we have so far:

Car.jpg

wheels. hate hate hate! Like a broke assed VSKF! (specs in wheel fitment thread)

all suspension from red car

2 way from red car

brakes from red car

Already went out for some street and it handles great stops great.

Front setup is -2.8 camber, 8.6 caster, -.02 toe

rear setup is -1.3 camber, .14 toe

Going in for aero, paint, and cage this weekend. No fuckin joke! Then off to tint shop. Motor as soon as I make decision.

I have monies now I guess when it rains it pours. So it's either fix 1.5j and rock that or buy a stock vvti engine and ride all quiet. Input? Anyone?

hmm 1.5j is seeming to get better and better maybe go that rout? Holset and your set

boooooo!

i was hoping for nascar paint job, zg fender flares, and 16x10 -15 diamonds all around.... with "goodyear eagle" in yellow on the sidewalls...

I changed my mind.

They look totally gay.

Haha fuck you :P

Got my aero back from repairs! All reinforced and sheeit.

aerofixed.jpg

Pulled motor apart just now. Low cylinder had melted piston. Cyl wall is still perfect so whatevs. Injectors are extremely suspect haha. Found a slug laying around the shop. Looks good and ring gap is good. Probably gonna hone a lol and shove the bitch in there.

I'm more concerned about weird wear on the clutch.

Pics soon.

Almost ready for paint!

aero3.jpg

Got a few cool ideas for front fenders :) Lots of dzeus fasteners and shit. Rear bumper (gx81) has slightly modified usdm rear support. Feels solid compared to old setup.

aero1.jpg

Thanks for looking,