7MX63

X8 Kidhauler Baller

Not sure. I've never really been into the curtain thing, but I may do it for the kids. It gets fucking hot here.

Nice project! What you talking about willis, 115+ aint hot. LOL

Sent the injectors to RC to get cleaned and balanced. The 2J had been sitting for 3 years, and I didn't feel like dealing with stupid bullshit issues.

Totally worth it in my opinion.

Before:

DSC06741.jpg

After:

DSC06863.jpg

Results:

DSC06861.jpg

Also, started getting parts of the 2J cleaned up (though haven't been able to pull it yet)

DSC06866.jpg

The distributor was broken, held together by jb weld. Couldn't really see it since it was covered in oil and grease.

The 7M distributor *would* work except the distance from the stud to the opening is totally off.

I opted to try and weld the 2J distributor, and use the guts from the 7M. Fingers crossed.

0503002019.jpg

0509000022.jpg

Also, got more stuffed painted and ready.

0509000022a.jpg

Very nice!!

Do you have a set of mounts ready for sale?

Nope.

The spiraling convergence of fucked-upness in my life right now is making everything difficult.

lookin clean!!! what you using to paint your parts?? (and i think castrol super clean is the best shit ever)

nice work, that things gonne be super rad.

Couple things that really help to clean aluminum to near new:

I use a sandblaster (using glass beads, not sand actually) and that will clean everything up nice except it leaves a matte finish. It's just like having flat paint, it looks great until it gets dirty and you wipe it with something. Seriously, having a sandblaster will pay for itself from buying less hand cleaner.

After it's sand blasted, I wash it with soap and water, and scrub it with orange pumice hand cleaner. This gives the aluminum a very low shine, and smoothes out any roughness caused by the blasting.

After that I just use a brass brush to polish it up further.

DSC06916.jpg

This is just scrubbing with a brass brush (after it's been degreased):

DSC06918.jpg

DSC06917.jpg

I painted the pan with high-temp engine paint (500º) stuff and let the thing sit in the sun all day. The heat helps the pores expand so paint takes to it better.

I also took 10 minutes to buff the water pipe; make that bitch shine, haha.

DSC06922.jpg

Color scheme:

DSC06919.jpg

DSC06921.jpg

I have heard the Harbor Freight models work really well IF you use some silicone or caulk to seal up the seams better. Although you can hook up a shop vac to them to keep dust down, it can damage the vac long term. People have made simple water dust traps as an in-between. Basically a bong for the sand blaster.

Even if the guns are junk, you can buy a nicer name brand gun and consumables from SkatBlast. Use glass beads if you do mostly aluminum, the finish is great and pretty easy on the metal.

$199.99 normally, and you can easily get a 15-20% off coupon online.

image_2728.jpg

I know I've mentioned garagejournal.com before, but I'll do it again. It is the BEST source for anything garage/tool related. Take any HF part number you are thinking about getting, and search their forum. TONS of reviews and examples.

http://garagejournal.com/forum

I also borrowed an HF ultrasonic cleaner from a friend based on this thread:

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread....ight=ultrasonic

It works AMAZINGLY well with just soap and water or even purple power. My results easily matched the ones shown in that thread.

Well,

Even though things have been fucked lately, I found a few minutes here and there to put a few more parts on the JZ. I used a A/C compressor block off an MA70, and slightly reshaped the side to clear the mounting nut. Then I polished it to give it some class. The MX83 compressor block had some weird port on it; not sure what for.

I also polished up the EGR pipe. Along with the water pipe, those things only took about 20 minutes and they make things look a lot better.

DSC06995.jpg

DSC07007.jpg

DSC07011.jpg

DSC07013.jpg

Working is a great way to forget about things for a while.

I've had a rough time lately (fucking rosey by comparison, obviously) and it's done the same for me.

the motor is coming out great. I was looking at post #53 an you dont have to use the 7m distributor for the swap. You can use the 2j one it works fine plugs up to with no problems. Thats what im running on my car I just had to mod the e-coil wire to the distributor because there diffrent sizes.

Looks nice Man the sc300 2j is front sump?

^

No, it was a midsump.

Also, even though the distributors use the same plug, they can't be interchanged. The distance of the bolt down stud to the distributor hole is way off.

That 2J EGR is a fucking god-send compared to the shit setup in the 7M. Fucking thing is hard to replace the gasket on the manifold facing the firewall.

Oh just snagged a gs one then? All in all looks very nice can't wait to see this thing running.

if you need a distributor let me know i just swapped my n/a 2j to 7mgte electronics so i have the 2j distributor laying around

^ Cheap $40 Harbor Freight buffer and polishing compound.

image_2952.jpg

I also used a drill mounted one for the A/C block, about $6.

the thing i like most about the things u build is the overwhelming attention to detail love your project wish i could do the same

^

You can.

Anybody can.

I'm not doing anything special other than cleaning it, and adding a small detail item here and there.

Awesome stuff sir. Anyone CAN do this stuff, and by doing it you get to know your engine better and make sure everything is in check. Helps with diagnosing too.