Sign in to follow this  
cocobutterz

jzs147 options

In Japan, jzs147 and 161's are drifted pretty often, but here theres not so many. There are companies that make coils for them but the other bits aren't so easy to find like all the arms and shit. I would guess there is an X chassis that is close to them, maybe something from them. I know gs300's and mk4's are kind of like x8's to ma70's, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of those fit.

Basically I have a friend that has a '9* gs300 thats not in bad shape at all, and she wants to get rid of it come summer time. I could get it from her for cheap, and I am kind of thinking about doing a 1.5 with my 1j and it. Around that time I should be starting my apprenticeship at a body shop in town, so I will have work, and an opportunity to do a good roll and repaint it sometime in summer. This would be my daily, I think its a pretty win/win idea.

could i get some opinions on whether or not this sounds like a good idea for a build? I am getting a 7m for my x7 to learn with, and the way i see it. i could daily the gs with a 1.5j in it and then when i want to, i can just pull it from the gs throw my front sump pan on and drop it into the cress. Anyone think this would be a cool idea?

If you pulled a motor out of a gs to throw into a Cressida you wouldn't have to change sumps. Gs's are front as well broski

oh shit yeah 4 door i forgot about that.

it seems like it would be pretty hard to go wrong with this plan, doncha think?

In Japan, jzs147 and 161's are drifted pretty often, but here theres not so many. There are companies that make coils for them but the other bits aren't so easy to find like all the arms and shit. I would guess there is an X chassis that is close to them, maybe something from them. I know gs300's and mk4's are kind of like x8's to ma70's, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of those fit.

Basically I have a friend that has a '9* gs300 thats not in bad shape at all, and she wants to get rid of it come summer time. I could get it from her for cheap, and I am kind of thinking about doing a 1.5 with my 1j and it. Around that time I should be starting my apprenticeship at a body shop in town, so I will have work, and an opportunity to do a good roll and repaint it sometime in summer. This would be my daily, I think its a pretty win/win idea.

Often being like never ?? They techically ARE drifted.. but sure as hell not often. . EVERYTHING on an aristo is hard make into a drift car. . MT swap ? yeah right. . Leightweight ? try again. . driftable ?? well.. . Amir tried and didn't think it was worth it. . Dont get me wrong.. i think they're sick assed cars. .And fully capable of being drift worthy. . But you are starting with THE heaviest/biggest/most luxurious toyota save for an LS. . sure you see orido drifting an 800hp 161. . but that is a $15000 ground up fully built cometition car. . that even HE had problems with in the beginning. . and I would love to do one. . But talk about COMMITMENT/INVESTMENT/HARDSHIP.. if you're tuffed out by a cress. . dont even look at an aristo. . With that said. .coilovers are easy to find. . everyone makes coilovers for them..

G.

uuuh why would i drift a gs, when i have a cressida.

i want this for a daily.

I am getting a 7m for my x7 to learn with, and the way i see it. i could daily the gs with a 1.5j in it

and its not the coils i'm worried about, its the arms and shit. if i do this, ill probably get a set of tein cs's or save up and get a UAS system.

I think what Gerard is getting at as well as me is why would you worry about a 1.5jz in a gs300 if you aren't gonna drift it and why would you worry about getting all the arms and suspension bits for a GS your just gonna drive around daily??? Why would'nt you just take that money and put a 1jz into your cress and buy all the suspension pieces and coilovers for it as well and just drive the GS. If you only have enough money to put into one car, stop wasting time and money on the GS and build the Cressida and leave the GS stock for the most part, maybe coilovers/wheels and be done with it.

Because I don't want to drive a cressida with no AC, heat, interior all the time. I want a clean, comfortable, daily driver. I also don't want to learn to drive my cressida with 300 horsepower on stock tire size and cut springs, because I know I would end up ass end into a wall. the ratio of how often I will get seat time at the track to how often i will driving back and forth between seattle and here with girls and friends in my car, it favors the daily driver a lot more.

why would i do a 1.5j if i'm not going to drift it? because my 1j would be a lot safer in a car running than sitting under a tarp like it is now, and then when I'm ready to go big in the cressida i would already have the extra half liter.

Because I don't want to drive a cressida with no AC, heat, interior all the time. I want a clean, comfortable, daily driver. I also don't want to learn to drive my cressida with 300 horsepower on stock tire size and cut springs, because I know I would end up ass end into a wall. the ratio of how often I will get seat time at the track to how often i will driving back and forth between seattle and here with girls and friends in my car, it favors the daily driver a lot more.

why would i do a 1.5j if i'm not going to drift it? because my 1j would be a lot safer in a car running than sitting under a tarp like it is now, and then when I'm ready to go big in the cressida i would already have the extra half liter.

wow.... really??? You don't want to drive a Cressida that doesn't have heat or ac or interior. Ok fine, then you drive around the stockish GS300 that has already working ac/heat/interior around because it has those things and like you said it isn't your TRACK CAR, you still want to haul your friends and "girls" around in a nice comfortable daily driver.

You don't want the 1.5 jz in your Cressida because you don't want to learn on a stock tire size and cut spring car. Why the fuck would you spend the money on a 1.5jz when you can't even afford suspension or wheels for your car. Your just like everyother noob that wants a 1jz or SR in their car because they think that power alone will get them around a track. I have news for you, it doesn't work that way. Buy things like suspension and a diff maybe a nice bucket seat and go out to a few track events and learn on the damn car the way it is first then when you get power it'll be alot easier to drive your car and not "end up ass end into a wall".

Listen carefully........... Leave the GS alone and drive it around daily with working ac/heat/interior. Start working on building the Cressida and do the stupid non daily shit to that and be done with it!

Get some coils and wheel and leave the gs. Coils are dirt cheep for it on yahoo. MK4 supra, sc, soarer , aristo all use the same shit with coilovers. . As for any track car you should always be doing your foot work first and power last.

Bud do what you want. GS are a ballin'ride. . Cars are just the vehicles of our passions. Problem is X7,X8's have a huge pool of parts and peeps to move you along very cheaply.

Money is the giant 800 lb Gorilla in this picture.

Drfting setup on a GS 300 is goinna' break bills. Think in terms of tires, wheels, shocks, exhaust.....vs X7, X8

If I were you I'd daily the Shiznet outta' a GS but keep goin' on your Cressida. Nothin' wrong with wanting a Phat ride while you work on drift purpose ride.

i got offered a 1st gen GS that had an engine bay fire for $200.

thought about ditching the cressida and building that. but then thinking about it, parts are expensive for that car, and its also a heavier car. so all that kept me away from that. stickin to x8. yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh buddy.

I am getting a 7m for my x7 to learn with, and the way i see it. i could daily the gs
I am getting a 7m for my x7 to learn with, and the way i see it. i could daily the gs

dude!! JZS147s are BADASS!!

And my brother has a bunch of stuff from his for sale!!

INCLUDING COILOVERS!!

And hes in TEXAS!!

BUY IT!!

i loved my car and had big plans for it but some old people ended the dream by taking my car out. they dont make a aftermarket bushing kit and its common for the bushings to be shot by now. i seen some solid inserts for the tension rods on yja or you can try and find some thay could work

jzs147's are awesome cars, if your looking for a daily just leave it stock and build your cress

dont buy tein cs, you wont be happy. get some stance or some jdm shit like cusco etc.

they guys on the aristo forums all said they liked the ride of the CS's and they go pretty low. i don't want a super stiff drift ready ride, but 2300 bucks for airbags isn't exactly realistic.

this is shawley posing, too lazy to log jay out

I have had a JZS147 Running Tein CS's great ride for a daily, and long trips, along with they go low

here's pics

slammedatthepark.jpg

aristolowered.jpg

And lowering springs on my new GS daily, one ring cut out of the front

P1010898.jpg

my car on tanabe df210 springs would sit about the same height as the pics above. everyone has their own tastes but i aint a big fan for teins almost all the sets i had got sloppy after a while of dailying on them except my he's.

thats exactly what i'm talking about. i don't see how you could go wrong dd'n one of those.

just as a heads up jzs147 suspensions is not the same as supra and sc300 the suspensions on those are a lot shorter even at the highest ride on the mkiv coils you'll be bottoming out on everything i tried the suspension on my friends sc......yeah bad idea

You want to put a 7M in an X7 to learn the car, and build a 1.5J daily GS300?

Cody, you're a fucking idiot. Quit cars, or at the very least leave Toyotas alone. You have no idea what the fuck you're doing, and give us all a bad name.

if i'm not mistaken the premier vip or somethings car was running some hybrid supra front and i forget rear set up but he runs the car around slammed. thats that white 147 with the gte swap you see at alott of the vip shows covered on speedhunters and blogs like that.

they still make coils for this car, just buy the one that fits and be over with it instead of trying to reinvent the wheel and waste your time and money