Sign in to follow this  
willb87

TPS question

i currently have stock 1jz vvti. it turns on fine and idles ok but when i apply throttle from the manifold it seems to choke. i believe it might be tps that is mess up. i was wondering if the tps from a non vvti would work on a vvti? i know driftmotion is selling a tps. i know the part number are both different. the one i have is 89452-24020 . the one from drift motion is 89452-22080. any info on this would be great. thanks

i currently have stock 1jz vvti. it turns on fine and idles ok but when i apply throttle from the manifold it seems to choke. i believe it might be tps that is mess up. i was wondering if the tps from a non vvti would work on a vvti? i know driftmotion is selling a tps. i know the part number are both different. the one i have is 89452-24020 . the one from drift motion is 89452-22080. any info on this would be great. thanks

awesome.. i have a 1jzvvti also, my engine isnt in yet:(... my tps sensor arrived to me savagely destroyed and i need one too. we clearly have the same question. will the 1jz gte tps sensor fit on a 1jzgte vvt-i

Just go to a Toyota parts counter and see if the part number works and is the same as something on a USDM car.

Yeah i guess worst case scenario, i will do that.

Just figured you guys would know first.

awesome.. i have a 1jzvvti also, my engine isnt in yet:(... my tps sensor arrived to me savagely destroyed and i need one too. we clearly have the same question. will the 1jz gte tps sensor fit on a 1jzgte vvt-i

thats cool man. same here on the tps. i had to ask a friend to bring me a tps from japan. i guess this one messed up too.

Maybe Brian would know............

brian would u know?

?

Just go to a Toyota parts counter and see if the part number works and is the same as something on a USDM car.

yeah i guess if i will probably do that if no one knows.

Yeah i guess worst case scenario, i will do that.

Just figured you guys would know first.

i guess our goal to get the car running this weekend is not going to happen haha

I have a spare 1JZ NON-vvti TPS from driftmotion if someone wants it.

Yeah it'll work you just need to change the plug. Hope it helps :)

where do you get the right plug from, is that easy to get... maybe the place that is going to splice my harness could set me up with the right plug.

i get a lot of my jdm parts from japanparts.com they can probably get a 1jz vvti tps sensor. i needz a MAF too... i saw a jzx100 MAF for sale on ebay.

Yeah it'll work you just need to change the plug. Hope it helps :)

ok cool thanks

where do you get the right plug from, is that easy to get... maybe the place that is going to splice my harness could set me up with the right plug.

i get a lot of my jdm parts from japanparts.com they can probably get a 1jz vvti tps sensor. i needz a MAF too... i saw a jzx100 MAF for sale on ebay.

for the maf, i believe u can use it from 1uz from 95 -98 that has vvti.

here is the link to that topic

http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=3109