Sign in to follow this  
Bōsōzoku_Bro

Rocket Office

Just went and looked at the engine and tranny, spoke with the owner, handed in my t4, waiting for a nice cheque. I should be starting the swap sometime in the next month after I gather all of the parts i'm going to need before hand. I am getting the front half shaft and lsd from a turbo mk3. I'm also getting the pedal assembly and clutch master. The engine is a front sump so I'm set there. I was under the assumption that I could just use the stock cross member but is it necessary to get the jzx81 brackets and mounts or will the 7m ones work? Will the engine fit with the stock 1jz clutch fan? Can anyone think of anything i'm leaving out or anything that I should get to make my life easier? Was wondering what the best idea for running a BOV are? How does the 1j normally vent? I am aware that to use 550cc injectors on a 1j with stock twins requires the use of the 7m low impedance resistor pack. Is there one on the 7m-ge or is that only the gte?. Has anyone made anything from scratch themselves for this application. Or should I just say fuck it cause 550cc injectors for stock twins is overkill anyways? The Driftmotion packs are too pricy for me.

all those questions could be answered buy ur own brain if u just fucking searched a little. jesh.

1- get it in and running

2-boost controller plus twins = turbo failure. stock twins=turbo failure, go single ASAP.

3- the stock crossmember is fine, stock mounts are not. Get JZX81 mounts.

4-learn to use SEARCH FUNCTION and READ THE FORUMS. Just like at school, reading helps you learn new information and not get ridiculed.

5-learn to use the enter key.

6-give me your short shifter in exchange for all my helpful advice.

7-550s are overkill with the stock twins unless they're USDM stock twins, which those are not. So trade me your 550s for stock injectors or 440s, I have both. plus I'll throw you some cash.

8-There is a stock BOV, it works. make the car run before fucking with this kind of thing

Going to JZ land. Purchased the 1j pictured above for 9 hundo. Now I have a dude, who just swapped a 2j-gte into his ls300 and is selling me the 2jz-ge with w58 and with an aristo auto tranny all for 800 lol. So obviously im going to construct a 1.5jz and use the w58 until it craps out. Just wondering a few things. Since im going to have a 2j head and 1j block sitting around, will they work together??? I heard about somone doing this, but information is limited. Also, to make the 1.5jz , im obviously going to need the metal 2jz-gte head gasket, studs, is there anything else i SHOULD be getting for it? The bottom end ran strong in its previous bay. Is it better to use the 1j pistons, or keep the naturally aspirated 2j pistons. What is the difference in the oil jetting and supply lines? Are there any modifications that need to be made to make this functional. Information on this is scarce and I know only a few people on this forum have done this, and are in the process of doing this :). I just want to get as much reliable information on the subject as I can, so I dont have to learn it the hard way.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND..

There's a shit load of info on 1.5JZ swaps online

Bottom line, it'll be fun, sound fucking amazing and its pretty cake to do.

Read and you'll be fine.

Bōsōzoku_Bro

did you read anything brian just said to you? if you continue like this you are aiming for megafail.