Sign in to follow this  
Bōsōzoku_Bro

Rocket Office

Im JC

This is my car

3818813419_305a63007a_b.jpg

3818806879_4fbeeb2da9_b.jpg

3818790911_9e4d79f8a9_b.jpg

I bought it off of Big fuckin shooters brother about a fort night ago. This car was sold with tein coilovers, mark ii front bumper and mark ii front seats. I didn't manage to get the skirts as money is tight right now with christmas and all. I want to get something a little bit less round looking on the sides in the near future anyways. I havn't got around to doing really anything with the car as of late, because this city is a freaking deep freeze. I did manage to sand some of that rust and temporarily spray it down with some paint to make it look half assed decent. Ill do proper body work when it warms up. I don't own those rims on the car, im just rocking stock rims with winter tires for the moment.

I have a lot of big plans for this car. I love it so much that im sure I want to sell my r32 gtst to fund a jzx bosozoku drift car. The first thing im going to do is rip off the stock muffler, (MAN IS THAT THING QUIET!), then im gonna run dual pipes pointing strait up about 1.5 feet maybe with a magnaflow, (any suggestions on what would sound good with a 7mge), . I figured that the licence plate notch on the front of mark ii bumper could be put to good use. Since front plates aren't required here im going to mount a sick oil cooler there and run the oil lines right up through the bottom corner of the grill. Mad Huntin'. Im aware that an oil cooler on a 7m is kind of pointless especially this time of year, but this will be my summer car at some point and I will have a jz engine at some point, but for the mean time it will be an inexpensive style point, and ill have it all ready to go for when I do lay the bills down. Im not currently rocking the bumper right now because I gotta have it painted white and I would rather not have it on in winter. This city has bumper genocide problems this time of year. I want to get my windows tinted out in smoked red to compliment my red/ burgundy interior. Fyi i probably will go the 1j route over 2j, then ill have more money to slut the engine bay out and buy more shiny things for the car.

I'll post my car under the sick rides thread when I get some money and when I get some warmth.

any suggestions on what would sound good with a 7mge

4 inch stainless with a meaphone tip so everyone can hear it blow up.

how about pictures of the car as it sets now? We need to judge you.

IMG00065.jpg

This is another one of the pictures from when i bought the car, basically looks like this without the skirts and the rust is touched up for now, gotta fix those fenders as well. There is now ice and snow on the ground. Lots of work to do with this, interior is minty though. Love the seats. Highly doubt she will blow, grandma and grandpa driven previously, apparently. If it does you can laugh really hard at me.

Needs rims, lower, and... 1 color would be good, but it sounds like you're working on those.

5 spd?

The only good sound you'll hear a 7MGE make is the thud when it hits the ground after being pushed out the back of a pickup truck.

FUCK IT.

Yes i am going to be going going to a 5 speed. This is the first auto car ive ever owned, and for a good reason,because I don't plan on keeping it auto. Yes, this was Chris's car. Hence, big shooters bro.

The car is ... well.. possesed you see, it turns on and off as it pleases. Im waiting for the day when It drives off on its own. I had to give Chris a buzz to find out why this happens, he said, hit the command start switch off in the foot well, cause its fuct. Apparently he woke up in the middle of the night several times thinking people were trying to steal the car.

lol, the fucking moron that lives next door just got home and is reving his shit can on his civic. I think he likes to rev it up to try and makea statement to me......

Sorry nube question, how do you throw up pix, where the picture actually appears. Im assuming a tag, I just cant remember what it exactly is.

Sorry nube question, how do you throw up pix, where the picture actually appears. Im assuming a tag, I just cant remember what it exactly is.

tags.

Click the little picture button. ^

that was chris's car wasn't it?

SneakerNuts.. who are you and where is your intro post?

Yeah, im not sure where else I would have gotten an OEM mark ii bumper...

That stuff came off Cam's car. You may notice the bumper and skirts are the same terrible pink colour as his car.

Here is a video of me driving home Christmas morning. Nothing special, wish I would have taken more video and from better angles. I like to go to this area on my way too and from work now.

Mind the whistle of the exhaust leak. Which i just fixed last night and welded on a magnaflow muffler. I couldn't believe how huge and heavy the stock mufflers are on these cars. Sounds much better, ill post pics of my boso pipe setup soon.

So tax return time is coming up, and i'm expecting to get at LEAST 1800. I was planning on getting a 1j gtte from Calgary. Are there any members from Canada in the west that have purchased from anywhere in Calgary or maybe Edmonton? There is one guy in Saskatoon selling a NA 2j without r154 for $1000. I'm not sure I want to deal with trying to get the desired amount of horse power out of that, it just sounds like a money pit. Does anyone have a 2jz-ge with at least 300whp? I need some ideas as I have my r-32 for sale on kijiji and want to start making Cressida magic happen.

This car is going to eat you alive. I give you until the end of the month before the head gasket blows. I don't care WHO owned it before. And never pay $1000 for an NA 2JZ.

This car will eat me alive, and I'll fully embrace it. Ill give myself to the end of, 'i don't care if, or when the bhg' happens. Why would you care who owned it before..... its my car. I still haven't decided what engine i'm putting in this car as I am looking at all options. Thanks for all of the possative feedback though dude!

Got my boso pipes built, pictures coming soon. Painting my mark ii aero next week. Getting 18'' work vs-xx rims right away as well. Going to throw it back on stock suspension and send the teins to cali to be re-built. Stoked*

" Highly doubt she will blow, grandma and grandpa driven previously, apparently."

You said this, that's why I don't care who owned it before you. And no, never positive feedback. I am the meanest person in the world.

Love ya!

erroneous!

always pay $1000 for 2jzge if it has an r154 attached to it

well worth it

This

DSC00389.jpg

Plus this

DSC00393.jpg

Subtract this

DSC00383.jpg

Equals this

DSC00394.jpg

Looks great, I think. want them a little more tucked as when you are standing from a distance from the side of the car you can see the system under the car. Another way of solving this would be to get an s9 rear bumper but im not sure how it would look with my mark ii kit. Cam If you for some reason decide to sell your kit and buy a S9 type 2 can I mock your rear bumper on my car? Decided not to buy dudes 1G 2jz-ge as its not with the transmission which is a W58. The hunt continues. I got some extreme reactions from co-workers. Some dudes thought it was awsome and said , "ive never seen anything like that in my whole life." Other guys just laughed at me and said things like, " If I had dem on migh trueck Id never git migh tail geight down." This setup is actually audible. Its got a nice snapping growl even with a poop churning 7m-ge.

Well thanks buddy. I am very glad I bought something driftable unlike that which is not, such as this from the salvage yard.

DSC00364.jpg

Exhibit A ^

DSC00363.jpg

Exhibit B ^

I'm not going to lie, this car is ballin'. Monitor in front and rear, fully loaded. Work eurolines , full jdm spec kit, air bag sus. Yeah, here in Saskatchewan our monopoly car insurance company likes to write off RHD cars for cracked front lips... I did have a bid on it, two actually. Someone won the bid for $10 more than what I bid ( $2,170). Yeah I know, I cried as well. I saw this car for sale on kijiji 4 months before for 8g. Coincidence or did someone on the inside (working for the company) see the number on a computer screen and let his friend know the bid so he could snipe it? You tell me...

Ok, moving on.

Current extra curricular project.

DSC00372.jpg

Previous Extra-curricular project now for sale and in winter storage.

DSC00333.jpg

Sorry I hope i'm not offending anyone here by flooding my thread with picures. Im assuming peoples like visual media not words, most of the time.

Oh yeah serious question here. While I was under the car doing exhaust. I grabbed my drive-shaft and pulled it (in a non sexual way) to see if there was play. The midshaft steady bearing moved about an inch in all directions. I am assuming this is bad. The rubber boot/seal is all cracked as well. Is this an easy fix and are the parts easily obtainable through part source or do I have to get over night parts.