Sign in to follow this  
BOXCAR

3RD COAST X83 REVIVAL

I recently picked up Bobbys (3rd Coast !jz) old cressida. Im in the process of getting it "drift ready".

It still looks mosty as it has in the past with just the usual signs of ware and tear.

A couple of refreshers.

10pbjly.jpg

i4h5bl.jpg

2dja2hz.jpg

The intercooler piping was recently redone with a nice thick midmount.

Its been boosting a solid 12-14 psi lately and is stronger than ever.

Still need to tweek the Teins, get some better tires and see what ive got.

MKIII diff is not very responsive atm so i might be welding it up soon or the stocker.

Test fit some wheels lying around.

17x9/10 +6/+24 I think they will be fine if i can get it low enough. The car has little camber right now.

n6jr8.jpg

20ijtxk.jpg

35ciwi8.jpg

25h0suu.jpg

Also have a mark II front bumper in the works for a quick fix.

Need to install my JZXP steeze as well.

nice andrew bring it by so i can check it out :P

MKIII diff is not very responsive atm so i might be welding it up soon or the stocker.

damn, thats what i forgot to throw in with the deal, my 3 ton low profile floor jack ;)

believe it or not, i always favored the stock diff over the torsen and clutch type for street. the open seemed to provide instant drivetrain response and excellent predictability/controllability while doing sharp turns or throwing out the rear. i would have kept the open diff installed except all the direct gear to gear torque caused the orig subframe to rip apart. the car was a lot more fun to drive and transferred power to ground better with open. of course it did get very squirrelly at times.

i'm totally stoked with the plans you have lined up. i'm really glad you picked up the car, couldnt be a better person to finish her up proper. i'll have to pay you a visit somewhere down the road. and those wheels look sick. i always wanted to switch out with some black /polished lip, now itll finally happen :)

front and rear strut bars are Cusco, imported new from japan. brake hardware is stock except for drilled/slotted brembo rotors

Those are brembo rotors?

yes but i believe they were just factory replacement blanks that were drilled/slotted by someone else. regardless they helped A LOT in reducing brake fade

also for the stock calipers the best pads i ever put in were raybestos pgplus semimetallic, amazing bite. they were already painted red out of the box. steer clear from any ceramic pads

Please for the love of christ...I hope drift ready includes everything EXCEPT removing the interior. That car is so fucking clean. Do not strip it!!!

I do plan on leaving the interior in the car but ill get at least a new driver seat. Im gonna devise a clean method to mount some belts as well. Everything is super clean still minus the dash and a few trim pieces. Im going to a scale soon to see the starting weight.

Looks great but what's up with that radiator/hose combo. HAving it high like that is almost guaranteed to blow something up. Please fix it.

Looks great but what's up with that radiator/hose combo. HAving it high like that is almost guaranteed to blow something up. Please fix it.

For serious. That throws everything off and not to mention good luck removing air from the system. Aluminum rad is...... well rad but I wouldn't do it if it meant making my engine bay look like a Honda guy did an SR swap. j/k .............not.

Well ill have you know it works fine but your preaching to the wrong choir here anyways. This swap was done by someone else before most of jzxp had drivers licenses or knew what a cressida's potential was. Ill change it soon enough.

Oh fuck yeah, this car was my all time favorite back in the day, and still is! Fucking thing looks just as good as the day he built it! Interior is fresh!

To fix the radiator routing, I would just cut the trac off the tb and weld on a 45 deg. angle to the I/C.

Radiator sprung a hefty leak so I got a IS300 koyo on the way with some Hayden fans. Plan to use it till i decide to put it in the IS. First cressida drift event is coming soon. yea! Still need welded diff, spring droop, fender roll, wire tuck, 6 bolt steering wheel hub for my wheel, eyeball alignment, yeahhhhhhh!

andrew!! if you need some help let me know im about to take my tranny out tommorow clutch is on its way so gotta get i all ready!! and i got a place that can weld your dif at :P we can do it let me know