cianide

Front Lip Source

well ....... there was this, that supposedly never went into production

59bfefd2.jpg

and david's supra lip (which looks really good in my opnion for an under valance lip)

0001372.jpg

and then this unfinished version of that bumper with a lip that he was working on.

2219830_29_full.jpg

one of my friends had that lip for the US cressida bumper and had it up for sale. i immediately texted David about it. haha.

its a TRD lip that never went into production. i forgot what happend tot he sideskirts and rear add ons.

i totally forgot about this.

i just want something simple like this (the old trd kit, not that lip.)

I was lucky enough to get my hands on 2 out of the 10 TRD front valences that were made. Never got the sideskirts or rear...

This is what i was doing with the first TRD front... added a supra lip and molded it in

2219830_29_full.jpg

but things went south when i decided to make it a one piece bumper instead of an add on lip. Long story short; The oem bumper was too flexible and warped from the heat of the curing fiberglass.. so my fresh looking prototype turned into a 45lb chunk of ugly. .

BUT THENNNNNNN,

My boy Richard --CelicaDrifter-- hit my about about his friend who did indeed have another ultra rare TRD front for sale, clearly divine intervention at work here. I think I picked it up from his house that evening.

So now I have an almost virgin TRD front Valance, ready to mold up and make some flexable copies.

If I can sell at least 10, I will make the mold.

When I reproduced the TRD spoiler, I didnt do a group buy or take deposits from the TC.net dudes who said they would pick one up.. and only 4 people got them.

I fronted the cash to get it done... and i still have 6 in my garage 3 years later. lol ( yes you can still buy one cheap) With the lame outcome of that project i wasnt too interested in doing other stuff unless there was massive interest.. ( like our rear roof spoiler )

Post up some love on the trd front and ill make it.. but it will not happen if only 3 or 4 dudes actually pull through.

DM

you'll get plenty of buyers on this site. we'll pay. just don't mold in that lip, leave it original.

0002196.jpg

0002194.jpg

This is the TRD rear spoiler that I produced.

I happened to come across the spoiler from my old friend Andrew.

His friend Masa at G-speed told him about a cressida at thier yard that had a body kit on it. Sure enough it did have the TRD kit on it... but the front was gone, the rear was in 27 pieces and the sidesteps were welded onto the body with bondo. The only thing I could snag was the spoiler.

Soooo I molded it, made 10 and sold 4. hahaha

Back to the Front, I will make.. but lets get an official thread going with a list of dudes who will put $ on it.

I have great faith in the JZX community. not as soft as the "other" sites.

Im betting that one at the yard was made by my old boss.. He used to work for TRD and for a show (I think in 1992) he was one of a couple guys that made 2 kits for that year cressida. There was one black car and one silver car.

This is all according to him. There is another body kit out there that he DIDN'T make... so at one time there were at least 3 TRD cressida's running 1-off kits. Bummer they never went into production.

SWEET! That would be awesome if you reproduced that front piece. I like the shape it took with the molded lip, but works just as well without it. Anything to improve the look of the boring, dated front end, without having to spend a fortune on a Chaser/Mark II bumper, or going with a full kit (I'm one of those who isn't crazy about body kits either). If there's a sign up thread, put me down. Like I've already said for the roof wing, count me in. Paypal is ready to roll.

I agree, the shape of that valance is better with a lip, but personally I don't like that design lip. Maybe a different style would work best? Vote?

Holy Hate Crimes Batman!!!

Sorry, But this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine and i gotta comment . . Coming from a Honda (honda-tech world of hatersbandwagonersandfollowers) background this was the "newest JDM clean" trend. . when all it was was dudes putting stock jdm bumpers on their shit and calling it awesome. .

Imo..

"Stock" does not = "Clean". . It simply equals Stock. . If your car came from the factory with one piece non parkbench bumpers (I.E. EVERY NEWER CLEANER CAR or even JZX81) then you would be rocking that proud as well.. Calling "clean" but it would simply be "stock" Just of a different era. .

Mudflaps are not "clean" they Jut out and ruin the lines of the car. . See any '09 cars with mudflaps?? didn't thinks so. .Non color matched rocker panels to make your car look higher is not "clean" . . . . nor is the screw on trim strip that sticks out and inch that bisects the black rocker with the body color. . Black 80's style trim strips are not "clean" either. .

So dont call your car "clean" when all you've done to it is add a front lip and some rims. . . . Call it what it is. . STOCK

Sorry again man. . dont mean to sound like a dick. . but I had to add. .

Also. . . My Aero is NOT "thousands of dollars" and my suspension is NOT "$3000". . .

G.

simply awesome there are no better ways to say it

i appreciate where youre coming from, g, but i really dont like the snowplow style bodywork and i never have on any car. I appreciate the way it changes the car from everyday mundane family sedan to something more badass... But its not for me. Clean to me is not having ziptied on parts or multicolored body panels or mismatched aero. A car can be clean and stock and use things like lips and subtle spoilers to accentuate the stock body... Or a car can be cleanly modified like ameen's car with your aero... a single theme tied together well.

Ps sell me your $3000 suspension, even at that price it would be worth it imo.

the almost virgin trd front lip

trdfrontlip002.jpg

Personally, I think the 3 bars over the intercooler opening are barf.....

what do you think?

agreed... those will have to go. a bit tacky...

any chance of seeing this mocked up on your car?

as far as a different lip on that trd front valence, u can just put on some other style lip meant for a MA70 or r32 perhaps? or wutever fits in general.

Wow, that moulding looks alil wobbly or is that lighting?

Wow, that moulding looks alil wobbly or is that lighting?

It's ugly silver paint and it was overcast when i took the pic... the lip is straight.

For this piece, since im 99.9% sure that it is the LAST one.. Im not going to add anything to it.

But I could add something on to the plug after the molding of the original is finished. Each lip i tried needed severe modification to fit because of the funny shape of the lower section.

ok now mould the next one into a bumper and shorten the front park bench overhang.

boom,

full TRD style front bumper.

yes?

looks really good BTW.