cianide

Front Lip Source

IMG_1334.jpg

it almost lines up 100% but it stick out at the wheel well about an inch.

perfect for a cheap lip, its pretty damn straight with the sides of the car.

It looks dorky. There aint nothing "Clean" about it. Why would you want a lip if it can't overlap the Cressida's valance? The Valance popping over it and the lip being alot narrower then the valance makes it look dorky.

What we need to find is a lip that looks like the 87-88 x73 lip but fatter. Compared to those pictured, i'll just rock my x7 lip. Those lips don't do squat for looks except make the car look like an engine cover is draggin on the ground..

Didn't somebody on here trim and fit a MA70 lip? I thought it looked good.

for a usdm bumper, id be looking for something to go over the bottom of the sideburns and replace the front "chin," and ideally be deep and angled but not like a "snowplow" or "hovercraft" front bumper. ideally urethane so it can survive going up and down the occasional inclined driveway and with space and maybe a little bit of shaping to accommodate and promote airflow to an intercooler.

quick and dirty mspaint:

lip.jpg

someone with skill and resources... i'd imagine fiberglass would be much cheaper and easier to produce. start asking around people who do custom body stuff and see what you can come up with would be my suggestion.

It looks dorky. There aint nothing "Clean" about it. Why would you want a lip if it can't overlap the Cressida's valance? The Valance popping over it and the lip being alot narrower then the valance makes it look dorky.

Not to be a complete cock-sucker, but you shouldnt really be giving out tips on style. That lip is pretty good for one that can be found at the wrecker. It ain't perfect, but it would sure help any of your cressidas in the looks department. Fuck it, if I didn't have SERIALNINE aero waiting, I would prolly grab that lip.

for a usdm bumper, id be looking for something to go over the bottom of the sideburns and replace the front "chin," and ideally be deep and angled but not like a "snowplow" or "hovercraft" front bumper. ideally urethane so it can survive going up and down the occasional inclined driveway and with space and maybe a little bit of shaping to accommodate and promote airflow to an intercooler.

quick and dirty mspaint:

lip.jpg

You mean something like my car: Don't mind the fucked up looks cause when it was first installed, it looked so clean, since then it's hit a few cones and alot of curbs/driveways daily for over a year now but you get the point :)

IMG_6924_cressida_seattle_copy.jpg

Not to be a complete cock-sucker, but you shouldnt really be giving out tips on style. That lip is pretty good for one that can be found at the wrecker. It ain't perfect, but it would sure help any of your cressidas in the looks department. Fuck it, if I didn't have SERIALNINE aero waiting, I would prolly grab that lip.

he said complete cock sucker

now now, don't be name calling, its showing your immature age and you don't want that to happen right? It's my oppinion and I could careless if you lose sleep over it or not. If your saying my heated X73 lip looks like shit compared to the above lips that dip in under the car and not flare out or don't even wrap or match the lines of the stock Cressida's valance, then your just pretty biased. You could make your car look "Lower" by putting rain gutters on your car or you could make your car look cleaner and actually put in a lil hard work to find something that better suits the style of the vehicle.

Aero aint everything. Not everyone likes huge pieces of fiberglass screwed onto their car nor does everyone like to ziptie shit on their car. And you know what? There are people that think aero is the absolute god on earth but you don't see me knocking those people because I respect their oppinion and I don't mind it much but you wont see me with giant pieces of aero. I'm part of the pure clean sleeper look.

Spend thousands of dollars on aero? Not me.

Spend a significant amount of money to maintain the body of the vehicle? Yes, thats me.

Just remember, not everyone on here wants to slam a car against a wall or swing it around cones. But at the same time, I repsepct the people on here making the Cressida a respectable vehicle whether it be drifting, drag racing, looks or just a power monster trailer queen. I'm just happy I have 3 working Cressidas that I can drive everyday.

Cock sucker?

P.S. My Cressidas don't need help in the looks department. They look pretty clean and simple. So enjoy yours and I'll enjoy mine.

cress.jpg

Holy Hate Crimes Batman!!!

Sorry, But this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine and i gotta comment . . Coming from a Honda (honda-tech world of hatersbandwagonersandfollowers) background this was the "newest JDM clean" trend. . when all it was was dudes putting stock jdm bumpers on their shit and calling it awesome. .

Imo..

"Stock" does not = "Clean". . It simply equals Stock. . If your car came from the factory with one piece non parkbench bumpers (I.E. EVERY NEWER CLEANER CAR or even JZX81) then you would be rocking that proud as well.. Calling "clean" but it would simply be "stock" Just of a different era. .

Mudflaps are not "clean" they Jut out and ruin the lines of the car. . See any '09 cars with mudflaps?? didn't thinks so. .Non color matched rocker panels to make your car look higher is not "clean" . . . . nor is the screw on trim strip that sticks out and inch that bisects the black rocker with the body color. . Black 80's style trim strips are not "clean" either. .

So dont call your car "clean" when all you've done to it is add a front lip and some rims. . . . Call it what it is. . STOCK

Sorry again man. . dont mean to sound like a dick. . but I had to add. .

Also. . . My Aero is NOT "thousands of dollars" and my suspension is NOT "$3000". . .

G.

this was my early attempt at making the cressida not look like a 4x4 in the front.

MA70 front lip with the ends cutoff about 2"

to me it falls into the "better than nothing" category... but far far far from where i want the style to be.

0001372.jpg

i'm with CACressida, i like to keep it simple. i'm not too crazy about body kits... especially not on a cressida. i personally think body kits look horrible on our cressidas... don't look too bad on mark2, chasers and crestas as those x chasis look a bit more agressive but i'm still not a fan. IMO a front lip just about does the job... and I LIKE mudgaurds... YEA I SAID IT!!!

and personally i don't think ANYONE has the right to tell someone they can't call there OWN car clean..... if it looks good to the owner thats all that should matter. you dont see some us gettin on anyones case about how ridiculously hideous we think aero looks on cressidas.... y? becuz we respect you guys enuff to understand thats what you guys like. its obvious that you drift guys share similar taste..... thats fine, no ones knocking you! so don't knock someone who owns a cressida and has it COMPLETELY STOCK. if thats what they like then THATS WHAT THEY LIKE.

c'mon, we all know this.... at the end of everyday it always comes down to "different strokes for different folks"... there shouldnt be any dispute about it.

ok that sucked. really. maybe it's just a case of the truth hurts, but it just sucks because as we all know it takes a lot of work to keep a cressida is good shape body kit or not... and for someone... someone you respect a great deal, to invalidate all that work because it doesn't fit some standard really cuts deep.

Me thinks Stock bumper goes well with a flared out lip like the X7 lip, maybe a bit bigger like the middle eastern factory x8 lip. Having no lip or having a piece of wall rubber trim or whatever it is just makes the front end look all goofy. Thats what this is all about. G, I gotta admit, I don't like body kits but yours on your car came out looking clean IMO and on aphexero's car also. But these cars serve a purpose of straight up track car or eye candy.

My car serves a totally different purpose. Reliable comfortable transportation. Mudflaps or not I could care less about them really. If I didn't have them I wouldn't care to install them, but I have them and I don't care to take them off. This thread was specifically about a front lip and by the standards of this thread, its all about the cleanest lip. Posted lips above are just plain brutal on the usdm valance IMO.

Like Brian says, the truth hurts.....

ok that sucked. really. maybe it's just a case of the truth hurts, but it just sucks because as we all know it takes a lot of work to keep a cressida is good shape body kit or not... and for someone... someone you respect a great deal, to invalidate all that work because it doesn't fit some standard really cuts deep.

Me thinks Stock bumper goes well with a flared out lip like the X7 lip, maybe a bit bigger like the middle eastern factory x8 lip. Having no lip or having a piece of wall rubber trim or whatever it is just makes the front end look all goofy. Thats what this is all about. G, I gotta admit, I don't like body kits but yours on your car came out looking clean IMO and on aphexero's car also. But these cars serve a purpose of straight up track car or eye candy.

My car serves a totally different purpose. Reliable comfortable transportation. Mudflaps or not I could care less about them really. If I didn't have them I wouldn't care to install them, but I have them and I don't care to take them off. This thread was specifically about a front lip and by the standards of this thread, its all about the cleanest lip. Posted lips above are just plain brutal on the usdm valance IMO.

Like Brian says, the truth hurts.....

I dont get it. .?? these directed at me ?? What is the truth ??

Im not invalidating anything. . Just saying there is a difference between stock and clean. . I never said you need a kit to be clean. . Hell im not even that crazy about my OWN kit. . Hence the Type II design.. And I dont care WHAT your car looks like I was simply arguing the Statement that clean = stock. . Cuz there are many cars of different styles that are clean. . and equally many cars that are simple or have shit on them that look overly done, boring. . or even hideous..

But yeah.. agreed.. diff strokes for diff folks..

G.