Sign in to follow this  
Gseventythree

*** PARTS*** SERIALNINE SOLID DIFF BUSHINGS !!!!!!

yea i need these and the subframe bushings bad... during transition, i can feel the whole rear suspension moving back there. makes transitions super sloppy and unpredictable. hoping to help that out with these bad boys.

Just got my shit in the mail from the UPS guy. Diff bushings and subframe risers. These chunks of aluminum are sick. I can't believe how big the subframe mounts are.....!

Rear Bushings: If you dropped the diff, could you hammer the old bushings out from the diff side ?

Rear Bushings: If you dropped the diff, could you hammer the old bushings out from the diff side ?

Yeah, it's gonna take a while though. I got mine out in about 30 minutes with an air hammer/chisel.

Fuck I want to buy these soooo bad! Next month! Next month!

Just thought id update this thread with some pics showing the precision fit of our Bushings..

Here is what they lok like when you get them. .

6422b619.jpg

Here is an overall pic of the lower half of the front diff bushing. .

IMG_3238.jpg

Closeup of the precise fit, no gaps and snaps right in.

IMG_3236.jpg

Here is is snapped in holding itself up to show the tolerance being very close and lack of slop. (and NO its not glued in or anything fishy, every subframe is slightly different due to the stamped construction, but this particular one was perfect!)

IMG_3239.jpg

Here is a closeup of the rear bushing pressed in. These are a press fit into the subframe but can be easily tapped in with a plastic or hard rubber mallet. (excuse the paint on the edge of the bushing)

IMG_3240.jpg

Rear view of same bushings.

IMG_3337.jpg

Overview of how they fit.with the subframe.

IMG_3350.jpg

We've found that with our solid subframe bushings, the tendency for the subframe to crack in the rear bushing area is GREATLY reduced, I have not had ANY problems at all with my subframe and it is NOT reinforced whatsoever. My drivetrain consists of 1.5JZ (403hp/449tq), Getrag 6MT, HKS GD PRO (twin plate UNsprung), polyurethane engine and transmission mounts (X4 cuz the getrag has one mount on either side of the DS), Custom slip yoke DS, welded diff, and various tire and wheel combos, most notably my street setup which is 235/35-19 ATR sport on a 19x10.5 wheel. somewhere in the neighborhood of 60lbs a side.

Clutch kicking and this particular setup is especially hard on the diff bushings as Im pushing a very large diameter, extremely heavy wheel and tire setup, Regardless of how much torque I have (lots) To get these spinning is taxing on every component in the chain expecially hard with stiff engine and tranny mounts. I was worried about the three bolt mounting at this power/grip/weight level and was contemplating doing the 4 bolt supra diff mod. But upon further inspection it looks as if its held up quite well. Im going for bigger power this year but will keep the 3 bolt setup to see the limits of its design.

Hope ya'll like the pics, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

G.

Guest D1 86 NZ

Hi,

How can I get some of these for a jzx90?

Can you ship to New Zealand?

My rear end is sloppy because of my cusco 2 way being too good!

thinking about ditching the beech solid diff bush for these. amazed at how much play has allowed my diff to "squeak" when making low speed shifts. i can still feel it "thud" from time to time on a hard shift... which in turn will likely lead to another cracked subframe over time.... i don't even track my car, do burnouts, or drift. just daily driven miles!

Have you tightened your diff bushings lately ray? They'll come loose after awhile. I was under the impression the beech was an s9 knock off

kyle - different design. i vaguely remember, there's some slack between the bolt and the bush itself. also, the front still retains the stock rubber/steel bushing (unless mine went missing, i only had 2 washers, two alum carrier bushing/mounts). probably allows just enough slack to let the rear work itself loose. only took 2 weeks until squeaking started. granted, it hasn't affected driving, but now it's constantly on my mind lol.

i'll see if tightening them fixes it. i'm not a fan of over-tightening shit though. if they've worked themselves out i'll give them to whoever pays shipping after i pick up the s9 ones

Sign in to follow this