JTVan

Looking for new engine

that's true... i just feel like... things are going so slow with my cressida... i feel like i'm lazying out... d you guys know that feeling? i almost feel guilty for leaving my cressida in the garage for so long without giving it nice hard rides around the tracks...then again...it's not like i have a ton of money to spend right now either...

Does it still drive?

Beat the fuck out of the 7M. Thats what I've been doing, and thats all its good for.

Id just suggest getting AAA gold membership. :D

let me make some stuff clear.

My cressida has a 7MGE with a W58 already.

If i go 2JZ N/A, will my factory mounts and w58 bolt up?

What flywheel/clutch to run?

Also, i am guessing that i HAVE to use 2jZ electronics. Correct me if i can use 7m electronics and whether it is recommended.

I dont mind forking extra to use 2jz electronics

My brother will be assisting me with the swap (the guy who you guys were afraid was me) (his own car: http://www.socal-drift.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2682 ). He told me he sees tons of SC's with 2JZ's at the junk yard. He was wondering if its okay to run that engine, auto ecu, all the electronics, and follow the write up in the members section such as wiring into the body harness, etc.

Also, anything i should be sure to take from the 2JZ car at the junkyard? Probably have it rebuilt after we pull it.

You get a MK4 NA bellhousing from Toyota or used, or SC300 or IS300 with matching flywheel. You can order a clutch for those specific or use your 7m clutch and pressure plate. Same with pilot bearing. I believe if you get a front sump motorset with mounts you can use your rubber mounts but more than likely one of them is torn.

so the bellhousing from a 2JZ SC300, doenst matter whether its auto or manual.

I can reuse my clutch, pp, flywheel, and throwout bearing?

will both SC300 and cressida mounts work?

the auto and manual bell housings are completely different, you have to have a manual bell housing for a manual transmission. you cannot use your 7m flywheel on a JZ. you have to use jzx81 or jzx90 reversed engine brackets, you can reuse your cressida's rubber isolators.

this is all basic shit, just search the forum.

You can't use your 7m flywheel. You need an 8 bolt jz flywheel, and a jz -> w58 bellhousing, a set of jzx mounts, your 7m clutch/pp, and a front sump pan.

let me make some stuff clear.

My cressida has a 7MGE with a W58 already.

If i go 2JZ N/A, will my factory mounts and w58 bolt up?

What flywheel/clutch to run?

Also, i am guessing that i HAVE to use 2jZ electronics. Correct me if i can use 7m electronics and whether it is recommended.

I dont mind forking extra to use 2jz electronics

Its not really "forking extra" to run 2JZ electronics. If you run N/A 2J, you can easily wire it in. If its an early distributor model, you can even use 7M electronics.

You guys seem to put a hell of a lot of thought into simple shit, haha.

okay i decided to just go 1JZ swap. My brother/dad will help me with the swap.

on ebay, i found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ht_11027wt_1165

Comes with ignitor, ecu, wiring, etc. I can upgrade my w58 to a r154 in the mean time.

I believe this should be MOST of what i need, correct?

Do the mounts on that engine work with the mounts on the cressida? I also think i need to buy a MAP sensor too, if its not included. I couldnt find it in the picture

Anything else i might need for the swap other than buying new seals, fabricating the intake and i/c piping, and wiring?

mechanical fan waterpump,

your going to have to beat the trans tunnel to fit that trans in there, and might have to trim out the shifter hole a bit, looks like a extended shifter on it.

its a front sump engine... dont think any soarer was front sump. might be a jzx90 engine set ? has the later model ecu plugs.

ebay listing states it was removed from a chaser.

You think this is a good buy?

This will bolt up to the crossmember?

x90 chaser motor is a great purchase, just as long as you're happy with the price. I normally see full 5spd motorsets with harness go for $2k+ so it your call.

Research what you need before buying it and everything you need to know can be found by searching this site.

it's def a jzx90 engine set. not a bad deal imo so long as everything included is in working order. brackets can be flipped too so they are not useless. it's a hydraulic fan setup to begin with so you would be better off purchasing clutch fan, pulley, pump etc as odom mentioned rather than to source the missing components to run a hydro fan setup

just use the tranny crossmember from your car. the aluminum one on there is useless to you.

thanks ray!

Hey, are you UCI alumnus?

me and my brother go to UCI and he sees you in the Imports forum everywhere.

cool. my sister linda van graduated `07 also. hmmm, `07...that was the year I graduated from high school. =)

Well, i found a 2jz for 200 dollars more. That is a small price difference for a 2jz.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-TOYOTA-...#ht_1344wt_1165

This is already front sump which is awesome. It doesnt state so but that looks like a R154.

Not sure if it comes with an igniter either.

I would now either need JZX81 or flipped JZX90 brackets to make it work right?

As for the water pump, how is this one set up?

Does this one look alright? If you were in my shoes, would you get this 1jz (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270480950219&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_11027wt_1165) or this 2jz

OK this is an odd setup. First off no manual trans 2JZ-GTE was ever a 5-speed, they all had the V16x. So this was either put together here or in Japan. The extension housing on the transmission and the front sump tells me it was probably in a JZX90 or a manual converted JZS14x Aristo.

That transmission is a W58, not a R154.

Now that setup looks all well and good, but I would be wary of this statement from the auction listing:

MOTORS IN THE PICTURE IS NOT GUARANTED THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE THE SAME MOTOR , DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OF SALE . MOTORS WE GOT IN STOCK ARE ALL IN SAME GOOD RUNNING CONDITONS : WE OFFER 30 DAYS WARRANTY ON OUR MOTOR:

OK this is an odd setup. First off no manual trans 2JZ-GTE was ever a 5-speed, they all had the V16x. So this was either put together here or in Japan. The extension housing on the transmission and the front sump tells me it was probably in a JZX90 or a manual converted JZS14x Aristo.

That transmission is a W58, not a R154.

Now that setup looks all well and good, but I would be wary of this statement from the auction listing:

Yeah, i decided not to go with it. It seems very shady especially with its seemingly mix match set up. I wouldnt be suprised if the wiring was all hacked up either.

1JZ it is.

Good luck on your swap, lmk if you need any help. I use to live in anaheim and travel there when i have free time from school.

are you dirtymonkey on mr2oc?

my brother is on there.