Big Fuckin Shooter

Mark Ass Trick. Trick Ass MarkII.

5043286434_8f826e29ec_o.jpg

Not too much to update..nothing good anyways...

SO I took the car out to rip on it a bit after I got it running. FUCK ME. This thing spins 245's at partial throttle like they were donut spares. At only 10 PSI.

Boost starts in the early 2k's and comes on HARD by 3..

I figured I'd take it out to the oval the next day to do a demo during the intermission of the year end stock car race. That morning I had reinstalled the 440's because the car was running strange with the 550's, probably due to the connector not making an adequate connection with the injector. The car hadn't been tuned yet, but since the track is a little ways out of town I could give it a safe tune on the way.

So much for that shit...

Check engine light comes on, car is running like garbage, and smoke is coming out of the crankcase vent..

FUUUUUUUUUUUU..

Limp the car home, and do a compression test: 190, 90, 190, 190, 185, 0

FUCK YOU JZ

So that kind of put me in a shitty mood considering I spent tons of fucking hours trying to get it to run only to blow it up after less than 30 minutes of driving. I woke up the next day, pulled the engine back out, packed all my car shit inside the car, and pushed it to one side of the garage. Where it can fucking sit all winter. I still haven't pulled the head to see what fucked up, I'll get around to it after midterms probably.

In retrospect, my compression was probably way too high to be running pump gas at 10 PSI since the head had already been resurfaced once or twice and I was running a GE VVTI block with a stock 1J HG. Oh well, live and learn.

Winter plans are to bore it out, oversized pistons, forged rods, 2J cams, standalone, and an HKS/Garrett TA45 that I've been sitting on for a year.

Any suggestions on pistons/rods/standalone etc?

damn man sorry to hear about that im guessing eagel rods je pistons megasquirt pop that head off i bet you cracked the pistons

Compression should be fine. . I bet something else went wrong.. I've had the same sentiments before. . Im sure you have a friend or two running a 10.5:1 compression turbo honda..

I compression test my motor on a regular basis lol.. .

EDIT

On second thought .. shit man.. 190!!! holy fuck thats like 10.5-11:1 lol. . maybe you're right. .

G.

So I pulled the head off. All cylinders except 3 and 4 have detonation marks.

After thinking about it, at the time the 'fuck-up' happened, my car also died suddenly because my negative wire came out of the ring terminal in my trunk due to a shitty crimp. I have an inkling that my motor grenading has something to do with this shit since I was accelerating when the ground fell off. Whatever, fuck it, more money and shit loads of time down the drain. Thug life. Fuck I love and hate cars.

Which brings me to now. Found a TOTALLY mint Aristo GTE shortblock with under 45k KM's on it not too far from home, for a reasonable price. I'm just gonna throw my head on it and call it a day.

With the extra money I'm going to save from not having to get my old block machined and not having to buy aftermarket rods, pistons, etc I'm going to invest in some proper engine management. I'm thinking Power FC. Are there any big drawbacks to using PFC vs another similar system in the same price range?

Only thing I know about as far as PFC vs others is that you need expensive software to tune a PFC with a laptop instead of the power commander. Every other good standalone comes with the software to tune it and you're expected to use a PC vs a handheld control box.

Only thing I know about as far as PFC vs others is that you need expensive software to tune a PFC with a laptop instead of the power commander. Every other good standalone comes with the software to tune it and you're expected to use a PC vs a handheld control box.

Yep this is true. When I got my PFC mapped in Ireland the mappers software wouldnt register the laptop to the ECU. Found out it was a software issue. He got some software from Austrailia (sorry dunno what it was called) and it got mapped 100% then. He did say it still took longer because of the nature of the software for the older PFC's/cars or whatever...

PFC's are well proven though and still a butt load less to run then a total standalone system

you should see what aphxero wants for his aem setup. And you might even be able to run the tune on it.

Hmm, I never considered the obsolescence of the old PFC software, that might be an issue. I may look into EMU, I can get it for reasonably cheap. I'll PM Apxhero about the EMS though, thx for the suggestion..

Imma break the ice here why not use the whole 2j? But this is a sick plan indeed

Guest 85MKII

i may be new here and have a stupid name and know nothing, but i believe a 2j bottom with 1j top makes a monster of an engine, even more of a monster than just a 2j

Everything you said was true apart from when you started talking about engines.

^^ couldnt agree more haha

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that an NA 2j lower half is cheaper than a complete gte 2j?

maybe.. I could be wrong

cant wait to see it up again though,

He had a 2j-ge bottom end, but it was a vvti with 10.5:1 compression, lets just say the rings didn't like to have a holset pushing on them even more. I can not wait to see the end result of this project this summer! Shit is off the hook brah.

Sorry bros, school>car. I've put this thing on the backburner for the past couple years so that I could focus on keeping my marks up for school, as I'm trying to get into law school.

But I'm done my undergrad degree this spring, and this motherfucker WILL be finished and melting faces by this summer, and I can't fucking wait.