I've always been curious to why A/T Toyota ECUs don't freak out when you don't wire the automatic or traction control, anyone know why?

You would think it would throw a code, but they don't - well at least my JZX81 a/t ecu didn't.

Mark, do JZX100 ecus care either?

i don't think jzx100 matters either

if I remember correctly my fast conversations with Mark, the toyota ecu could give a fuck about anything except MAP, cam, and crank sensors. He knew from direct experience too cuz that's all he was running before he got the PowerFC in.

JZ stock ECUs reflect well on their engineers. My car is still running fucktup but still running and it goes pretty fuckin fast.

nevermind, i just bought a power fc lol.

i'll give all the feedback i can, don't worry.

ian, find a ecu yet? i'm thinking my auto 1jz vvti ecu would be perfect for your 2jz project. no e-throttle bs and it would have a 7800 rpm fuel cut versus the 6ish 2jz-ge ecu. you'll have to run bigger injectors.

but... if you wanna toss a turbo on it, you're ready. :thumbsup:

I ran the auto with my vvt-i , worked fine except for speed cut . Also I believe the auto only shares speed sensor info with the engine and all the other shared inputs like water temp and rpm are still in good working order so no engine codes . If you hooked up the OD lamp and switch the ecu would display transmission codes on the OD lamp . Good luck with your vvt-i Brian , once you go vvt-i you won't go back it's bad ass .

Yeah Brian, I still need an ECU, I just hope it doesn't freak out, considering i'll be missing some sensors that the turbo JZ would have.

it shouldn't act up as long as you have the iat, water temp, cam/crank, tps, o2, map and iacv hooked up. thats all i have along with the injectors and coilpacks and my car runs fine with a jdm 2jz ecu. don't know if it stored any codes though since i didn't hook up the check engine light.

Just replaced my ECU recently and noticed the one in it was AT and I've been running it for over a year on top of whoever had it before me overseas.

is the A/T ecu in the trunk for 89s only?