WhoreMouth_Jr

Team Somehow Running Again x7

Will eventually get to fuel wiring "issue."

But props to XM with their slightly overpriced tension rod bushings and ditching some un-needed washers I was able to get from 5.3 to 6.1 caster.  Which with that and their "street" knuckles lead to my trailing wheel rubbing the tubs.  Which for now I ended up just pounding with a hammer.  The almost 1 degree change is super noticeable, been driving to work this week and even under normal driving conditions the car wants to return to center very quickly hah.  I also haven't over centered it yet, but we will see this weekend hopefully at spirit peaks.

Other than the  "high" oil pressure feels good to be out driving it again
r1qMIV4.jpg

kiktk7C.jpg

got tires on 6 pairs ready to go for this weekend.  And hopefully soon after the fab shop will be able to fix my .5 LH .15 RH toe in-in the rear and double hope they can remove even more camber. 
Then it's time to hit up Kaaz USA 😍

This car is wild, basically drives it self (even with the insane .5 and .15 toe in in the rear 😂).  As battle axe always says I don't think I'm good enough to feel the difference of the knuckles but like I said the car did seam really easy to drive the extra caster helps heaps and probably shorter lock to lock is nice?? But the oil thickness seemed to have almost no effect on the cooling.  It was 33-42 outside the whole day and still hit 240F+ within about 1 minute of skid raycing.  Mind you the coolant was barely topping 195-200 

I think I'm gonna ditch this MRP sandwich plate and run the PHR relocation kit with an improved racing thermo block and a cooler that is probably ~2x the size of my current one.   Just finding someone where to place it is the problem...  I could try ducting and and or mini fans but I think a 19 row (11x6 inch) is probably just not enough whoops

Felt cool to make the 2 hour drive there and back with no issues with all 3 cars + our buddies m3.  The ebay fans on the v8 car died (who knows when maybe months ago also first real issue with this car) but we just took the hood off at the track and it was about the same as every one else, 2-3 laps before over heating.  Cold enough out on the way home-there that it didn't matter

Anyways hope you boys love seeing photos of my car cause I'm gonna plaster the same 3 photos on all the FB car groups ❤️

5nrrEgC.jpg

6Ai9K0l.jpg

23h8tTH.jpg

"Do it for the gram"

5WIKNQP.jpg

FBoQRah.jpg

Shout out to the media peeps who made back to back saturday-sunday events over 150 miles apart  I think there was some dude shooting drone footage maybe that will surface? Probably just embarrass myself anyways 

Even @Kyle made a showing ❤️
UcDuE9G.jpg

eT3OZ7f.jpg

Stocked for the JZ only event in May hopefully the fabshop will fit me in by then and I'll have my oil sorted 

For the giggles: Josh's car some how hydrolocked with gas and this was efi fuse out assuming it was filling from intake:

Pretty sure the intercooler was full as well 

Might be a mis quote of me? Most who have some kind of knuckles end up going lock to lock for no reason and don't know how to use them. I honestly forget mine are modded because the Supra has nothing from factory. I have caught myself saying oh ..right...I would have spun there but thank u based knuckles. Car looks good. I am thinking about doing a spirit peaks event to do some American yeehaw tandems. Are they invite only things or how does it work? Listing of dates?

I should have clarified I meant Ackerman wise. I'm not sure I gained any angle I tried to measure before and after and it sure doesn't look like I got any more.  I didn't mean it in a mean way. I agree I know personally I have very little clue what I'm doing and all these crazy parts that I most likely don't need or wouldn't be able to tell the difference with or without them installed.

oh yes, i did say that about ackerman. i do not understand the reasoning with the 0 ackerman stuff. it changes the way the car drivers in a very weird way. people would have to experiment at low speed and then ramp it up as it is very weird. i like my cobbled design of whatever i did. i just got it to what looked like factory and made them shorter in the supra. i have no idea what im doing. works for our 2nd/3rd gear track here. im not big on the 4th gear+ stuff as its just mental speed that im not interested in and "scared" i guess. i prefer technical stuff more often than not. anyways. i want to shred with you guys. gotta start this traveling thing again.

i took no offence to what you said lol. i say a lot of things and forget most of them.

Haha same I'd like to make it up there this year hopefully too for an event!

Not much progress.  Dropping the car off to have the rear arms fixed on monday so I'm stoked about a that. Hopefully no more crab walking on the freeway, and improved tire consumption.   Booked this years Shitbox Showdown (yearly track rental with my friends from back home) . @jzxseven coming out this year too 😍

In other news that brand new rack bushing I put in before this last event blew out before I even made it back home.  I'm assuming the new geometry is no bueno as it felt kinda bindy near full lock.  Hoping that moving the rack forward will fix this issue. 

Also finally have all the parts in hand to redo my oil cooling setup (except the new lines).  Very happy with the parts.  The improved racing external thermo looks really really nice.  And this dual pass cooler from setrab is insanely nice.  According to the data on their site its rated at >2x the btu/hr as my old cooler.  That paired with actually mounting it correctly I'm hopping will  help with the insane oil temps I'm seeing at the track. A bit excessive? probably but why not

FmkBgv8.jpg

QhplNK0.jpg

K6x0Fnx.jpg

Xd4mjXg.jpg

(Had to sneak this in, in the off chance Jason would see it)

Cooler is a little over 22 inches long about 5.75 inches tall and dual pass super stoked.  Planning on mounting it under the intercool as close to the radiator as possible (removing the current one.) That way the rad fans will help pull air through it as it pulls air pretty well through the intercooler already as well.  My only worry is that my water temps might go up a little as I will be completely blocking the radiator, but hey AC cores usually do the same so who knows haha.  

Shot of where I'm planning to put it, will fit almost perfectly.
RnETpGO.jpg

If that doesn't make a large difference or my water temps start to go up I will probably add some ducting to help guide the flow haha, and worst case (oil temp wise) add a pair of those nice SPAL 4" pusher fans to the front of of the oil cooler to click on once the temp gets a on the higher side (easily done from the ECU)

Planning on making the JZ Meeting (Spirit Peaks event with JZs only) here in the middle May and then Shitbox Showdown is 2 or 3 weeks later shouldn't be too bad of a timeline for all of it.

Jz meeting sounds sick. Probably need a tunnel run with the jz symphony.

^^ we just opened up a new tunnel that is a couple miles long too

You scared me with a shot of the cooler laying flat across the top of the3 grill, and radiator....
And yes, you need to close off the open area between the bumper lower lip, and the bottom of the radiator.

Is that one of the lower lips I brought in years ago ?

Haha ya just set it out like that to show the size haha.  I was thinking of doing that and common one that most people do above the headlights/grill to rad support.   And ya it's just an OEM gx7 lip that was white.  It's not my dream lip, which I saw once on YAJ but didn't want to shell out for it, regret ever since. I've reached out to the old manufacture as they are still a company and they have a gx7 section still on their website, but they said as of now(then) they had no plans to bring it back. It looks just like the OEM one, but is 1 piece and a little bit larger even has the little spot in the middle where the 2 pieces join:

6de2e05s-960.jpg

https://www.numatasyouji.com/4輪カスタム/gx71/

I expect there to be a decent turn out, there is a fair amount of JZ x's up here, as well as SCs (if you count them) and a few hot boys in jzx9s and jzx10s . But I expect a ton 240s and BMWs too.  Person who set it up is a jz bmw =(

if they do it again next year i want to go. i need a normal and stable drift car. easy to drift and drive home when you're not even double digit kms away. supra has slow and interestin steering, cressida hates to start every time and is a couch, and the s13 is just in pieces still. i admire what you got going on and how much you work on your cars to keep them "functional"

functional? like as in a decoration to keep the garage looking empty? yup

^^ Functionally never leave the garage 😂 And thanks idk why I like everything to work how it's supposed to more or less, bothers me to no end when little shit is broken.

I wish PNW wasn't 23 hours away. I think I'll consider driving an event up there once in my life.

Thats minor when I was in college I did AZ -> Seattle -> Saskatoon -> back to AZ in my piece of shit x7, you'll be fine ;)

Just carry lots of spares....

Murphy's laws of road trips #3: If you bring it, you won't need it...

Speaking of spares, I've continued on my quest to acquire 17s.  This time in the shape of advans
Price was decent 17x9 unknown offset looks similar to most of the wheels I have currently fitment wise

gwQ48VW.jpg

5e6lVNX.jpg

Also some random photos im_lurkn caught of us warming the musubis at the last Spirit peaks event

YzmVzck.jpg

dCdCgRj.jpg

WBQMh4y.jpg

Still pretty stoked about that near flat contact patch on leading tire not that I'm even remotely good enough to make use of it haha

bC3B1GS.jpg

Definitely not the typical wallowing like a beached whale X-chassis.

Good thing I'm not a betting man because those look like 16's. Funny how the design of the wheel can really trick the eye. I love 3-spoke Advans. Especially Super Advan V.2.
I like your quad headlights. Props for track time and not just beefing with people on Facebook. *COUGH* @AcidTrip *COUGH*

haha ya Zack, I've figured out that there are different kinds of 17s haha.  Step lip and flat lip (I'm sure everyone knows this but I've never really noticed until recently).  The flat lip 17s look a little too donk for my liking, but the step-lip look similar to 16s. Pictures for example both 17s:
f91i7lR.png

Cvf611v.png

I still want to try blitz-03s cause my inner ricer just has to know what they look like on an x7.

Also as much as we all love ragging on Kyle, he flipped his car. rolled it back over and still sent it.  Rolling a car would probably scare away a fair amount of people haha. 

i like the era correctness theme. im HUGE on advan 3 spokes, just cant find any current gen VII or whatever was on Nobs S15 when it came to USA forever ago...they just dont exist in used as theyre so unpopular. need some kind of chin spoiler or something, def not a fan of the skirts, they look so out of place on the car, but thats me

ppl be giving up on their projects once the IG followers drop off...or if they cant bolt a part on...

On 4/9/2019 at 8:49 AM, WhoreMouth_Jr said:

Rolling a car would probably scare away a fair amount of people haha. 

No doubt, big ups Kyle 😘