WhoreMouth_Jr

Team Somehow Running Again x7

Really really starting to miss driving the car. Still waiting on the dude from Canada for the z32 parts. Gonna give it a couple more weeks then try and start sourcing all the parts myself.

If in v8 land is still going good. Took it to a couple more events with really no issues. Swapped the stance stuff I got from Hesh (seriously thanks again for the deals!) Car feels a lot better on the road. Sold the BCs off it for almost enough to fund a shitmotion r154 rebuild kit. Which ultimately what we are trying to do with our extra r154 (Thanks again HESH!! haha.) Really no complaints with that car. Slowly working through the little shit that isn't working that bothers me, but ultimately shouldn't Just little shit.

Currently trying to fix a 1uz x8 harness my buddy got made for him. But the harness is all kinds of wrong. The engine to ECU stuff looks right. But pretty much everything between the car and the harness/ecu is wrong. Fuel pump/starter never would have worked. He wasn't using the plug by the fusebox and was trying to power everything from the b3 plug (from the start pin actually) Also the dude used the wrong pins for the ecu connectors so they wouldn't lock in the lock even when the connector is in the locked position?? I could rant forever about this harness, ultimately feel bad my buddy and most likely other people paid for a harness from this guy and not only was it not gonna be PnP but the quality in general was pretty low.

Working on that has got me back in the mood to do stuff though hah. Hoping I can finish the harness with some extra motivation and tackle other projects for the white car that I've been putting off. Mainly the vacuum pump garbage I wanted to try to see if it would fix my heater issues. As well as wiring in the switch for target boost control and the clutch switch for two-step retardness.

Anyways wall text so heres an old picture and a picture of the harness for no reason:

I3tguP8.jpg

KYXyGSl.jpg

Slowly making moves.

Finally got the bunch of z32 parts from Canada: Calipers, hubs, a pair of short side axles, and the ebrake assemblies. Also got the CNC'd brackets that Im gonna have welded on trailing arms. Dropped off some parts this week to get machined that should help my fabricator set up a jig easier.

Originally I was planning on going the same route as the other guy who did this setup, which consisted of running the shorter pair of axles and building adapters to cover the space between the axle and diff stubs, which also adapted from 6 back to 4 bolt. But the adapters ended up being way more expensive than I thought, and I'm gonna try Rue's idea, which was running the longer axles (which should bring the axle about 3/4 inch from the diff stub) and having new diff stubs made that are already 6 bolt and cover that gap. Been going back and forth with Rayray (as someone suggested) and they make some quality stuff so I'll probably end up going this route now. Heres to hoping the 7.5' R&P holds

The only other issue I'm currently trying to figure out is that the cnc'd brackets didn't really take into account ever running the z32 ebrake setup as you can see from the picture below. I'm gonna try and drill it out and try it anyways. The only thing is the anchor bolt is probably way too long since the cnc bracket is pretty thin compared to the OEM knuckles I think. I'll probably just washer/spacer it up as I'm really only gonna be running the ebrake as a parking measure. I'll still be using a hydro for my fagboy drifting.

In other news, v8 car still hasn't let us down. Getting a good amount of seat time 3 or 4 events this year so far. We ordered an r154 rebuild kit for the extra trans we were thinking about throwing in it if that time ever comes. I'm trying to convince Josh to build another car hopefully an x8 this time haha.

Also we rented evergreen in August if anyone else in the area wants to come and drive please do!

GkaEnfP.jpg

5KmYlkE.jpg

RtiutC9.jpg

would it be any easier to adapt the s chassis r200 or the larger one from the Q cars (R230 or something)?

then you know you have a strong diff too, axles you can chop and sleeve if they need to be modified but then your also into diff mounting and driveshaft.

I thought the stubs themselves broke all the time, what do the axles have to do with that? just find an X8 and swap the drivetrain already lol

Diff stubs, axles, hub stubs, all break on this car. Or at least thats what I've broken so far. Tons of people break axles on their hellaMadJDMTYTE slammed on 15s x7s, probably dude to shitty axle angle as you can imagine.

Hard to tell from this picture but the TT axles are way more beefy

E9xVEtn.jpg

And to slammieed that was the plan if/once my diff broke. graft in another diff, probably not nissan unless I can make it work with some combination OEM axles (z32/q45) . I'm not looking to cut/modify the ones I have as they sell fo r 200-350 a pop. I would just sell them and roll that into retarded custom axles at that point. I didn't wanna do it all at once because I love my current KAAZ diff and it hasn't failed me yet. Stacked on top of the the cost of a new diff, fab work to fit the diff, and as you mentioned a new driveshaft. Thats money I'd rather spend on fish haha

As smart as reshelling to a newer better chassis would be, I think I'm just too far gone sippin that x7 koolaid.

theres a lot of truth to this quote . hahahahaah i was once there, glad your getting some use outta my old gear. the coils are the best !

Picked up the arms from the fab shop. Pretty stoked on them, had them reinforce the shock mounts and swaybar tabs. Running the ebrake setup is still gonna be a challenge. They gave me a good idea that I might try later. Also had them make jigs semi-portable so I can use them again because I'm sure I'll crash into something and need to do it again.

Went to install them but my dumbass installed the cambolts (for alignment and holding the arms in) backwards and have to drop subframe to get the arms out now. Should have that sorted tonight so I can take some measurements. Then drop diff and send it to Ray's company in Cali.

Z7iMIc2.jpg

ljtHd8z.jpg

6WWqC64.jpg

PQLze4p.jpg

YncHrmR.jpg

I can find some unpainted pictures from their facebook page if anyone is curious. But overall looks pretty solid to me, they took the example (of the new owner of the serial9 x7) I gave them and improved on it. Kept some of the original lower part where I think the other guy just removed it all.

Small update. My garbage parts are on the way to RayRay in Cali to have them whip up those output shafts. We made some small progress on VampireBeats x8 last weekend. He got the engine all cleaned up and refreshed seals/waterpump/all that stuff. Its basically ready to go in just waiting on the r154 rebuild. We got the subframe dropped he reinforced it and slapped some subframe/diff bushings in. I also picked up the harnesses from him and am gonna try and wire it up.

In other news I'm trying to scoop this thing

3yyTPqQ.png

After digging around for a few minutes it looks like the output shafts have the same part number as the LSD mx83 ones. Someone on here was selling one 3 years ago (the output shaft) haha.

Rue is going to be pissed....

He has been looking for one for quite some time.

Its a diff that will bolt to x7 subframe. But instead of being 7.5in r&p is 8in. Its an open haha. but im assuming I can put an 8in kaaz or similar inside, as they list 2 different part numbers under gx7. Anyways the diff came in the turbo models or at least some of them.

With the little research I've done/could find It looks that it will push the mounting face of the driveshaft flange an inch or so towards the trans. Which Im pretty sure my driveshaft has that play anyways. It also most likely has the 8in flange face as well. As for the output shafts I've never seen the 8in diff with the 6bolt (usually see 4bolt) ones so I loked up the part numbers and like I said they seem to be the same as x8 lsd output shafts part numbers.

I wonder as to what the axles are the cars with the 6 bolt outputs run. I couldn't really find any of that info by just looking at part numbers. Not that any of that matters in the case of my rear end, mostly just curious.

The seller doesn't seem to really know what they have so I'm hoping it doesn't go too high. Description says something about maybe buying it for the RP ratio (4.3 puke) and putting it in another car.

Here's a link of the 7.5 and 8 side by side. It looks like they might not be the same because he lines them up based on the flange face. But if you look and try to eye ball lining it up from the mounting points its promising. Close enough for me to want to take the gamble, as this would be a better option to menthan cramming some other cars diff into the garnaga pile that is the x7 subframe. Real kicker would be if the flange face matched the z32 axles I'll be running, highly doubtful but would be nice.

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/threads/74033-long-shot-info-on-GX71-quot-G-series-quot-diff-what-can-i-do

KAAZ has two different 7.5 LSDs, but neither fit that G housing.

You just need a standard 8" LSD meant for the later cars.

I kind of doubt the Z-car half shaft flanges fitting. Seem to remember comparing them years ago.

Good luck on the bidding, those are super rare.

And what the seller is saying, is that it has 4.3 gears in it.

Tell me you are not using streeter, like Aaron tried when I found him one.

is that an LSD x8 diff or?

That is an open 8" for an X7.

Came out in a late X7 with the first 1JZs.

Never have found anything in parts listing for the car, just like you can't find anything for the Group-A Supra.

Jeez, you people sure don't pay attention, or retain stuff very well.

I've only been pushing these on here for nearly 10 years, every time the subject of the 7.5" power limitations come up.

ive only been really active on here the past few years. i dont retain EVERYTHING. just reminded me of the cressidas diff, is all. are these 8inch in the same 7.5 housing? i have a kaaz diff for my supras 7.5 and the cressida has a kaaz in it as well for its 8.

if the 8 is in the 7.5 housing but is different to retain the 8, the lack of kaaz diff would make a lot of sense

the reason i asked if it was x8 was because my x8 flanges are 6 bolt like the picture, and the housing sort of looks the same...but then i remembered i have a a6 and x8 and i keep mixing things up between them

Special housing for the X8 to accept the 8" diff.

You can tell it from the standard X8 by the cast cooling fins.

Won that diff for half of what i was willing to pay (I'm sure this link will die in a month or so thats why I initially just linked a picture):

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n268989617

I mostly remember the 8incher coming up from s9 boys, and Robert (who I guess was an s9 boy too) when he was having diff troubles. But ultimately all of the information about them were assumptions, as nobody ever pulled the trigger. The best solid information I could find was that toyomods thread where the dude had them setup next to each other, which you still had to infer assumptions from that.

And ya Battleaxe Chris, you can tell the main obvious housing differences from a6/x7 and a7/x8 are the mounting points. The x8 has the 2 on the rear cover and 1/2 (depending on a7/x8) coming top down in the front. Where a6/x7 has 8 pickups in the front (4 on top 4 on side) and 2 pickups the rear bar that connects the upper-bit to the car. the 8in housing is taller for sure (you can see it has all those fins on the bottom gordo pointed out), just an assumption here but I'm guessing all the height goes bellow rather than above the centerline. or least I'm hoping for the sake of pinion angle. The 8in option was offered in LSD but ya this one specifically is open. So I'll be on the lookout for a new LSD and a more favorable R&P (3.9 or at least 4.1)

And ya I use Streeter for everything that is larger than a small package. I still haven't had a single issue with him, other than when he wasn't really shipping aero. But I usually just ask nicely and he will ship what ever. Plus he's had a bunch of policy updates over the years. He thinks shipping will be another 200-250 (slightly over the weight limit for boat post.)

In other rear end news, The machine shop that Rayray's company uses to do the machining had some recent policy changes and no longer does small one off jobs (10 piece min.) So slightly delayed now in that department, but honestly expected because the interaction with the trailing arm fabrication went too smoothly. Something had to counter act that because cressida.

Heres a dog shot and rear brake picture to help alleviate the text wall. Brakes clear all 3 sets I have for the rear just barely (gotta be a few mm tops)

pgHFPin.jpg

HYk217s.jpg

Good job on winning that diff.

Make sure you tell Rue how you did it.

The diff doesn't quite just bolt it. Guess I didn't look that hard at the comparisons before. If you look at the top down one, the side-rear mounting pickup is inset compared to the the side-front. And if you look at the 8" they are more or less at the safe width. Either way it's not a ton of work, I could just adjust the subframe or trim the diff housing down if it still leaves enough material The Diff flange is definitely the same as the x8 diff (3.5 inch spacing instead of 3 and hole diameter is slightly larger.)

The 8" Toyota Kaaz has gx71 Turbo listed as a compatible vehicle as well as jzx100, I'm stoked that it can also go into my future car haha. Now to just decide what ratio I want to run as well as looking into getting the x8/a7 inboard CV ends to fit on the z32 axle shafts.

Haven't done much else other than finally found some wheel studs that work for 1.50 pitch (Toyota) Just gonna put it here for the future because I know I will forget but Doorman 610-254 worked out. Also the more I look at the the more unlikely being able to use the OEM z32 ebrake drum setup will be. It's just the way the adapter flanges where designed never even remotely considered them. Future me problems.

Anyways here's some photos for science:

2WEODZy.jpg

k6a8XOt.jpg

p9P8sxa.jpg

gGXlfh1.jpg

JgtJ6vL.jpg

cnj7ZG4.jpg

Diffs in. Confirmed front 4 holes line up, rear 4 not even close

cLAlRAE.jpg

qTTeC7J.jpg

Ray Ray's Option didn't end up panning out for several reasons.
All I have left is swapping the driveshaft end (which I already have) and weir is making me a pair of CV sends that slide onto the z32 shafts and will be machined to fit x8 output shafts.

So close

damn can't believe you scored that diff. so awesome.