WhoreMouth_Jr

Team Somehow Running Again x7

No, he butchered up the subframe to mount the whole ford rear end,

then promptly blew it to bits, and hasn't been around here since.....

That guy was making decent power, but he spent all his money on the axles and didn't upgrade the actual diff

I think he had bad pinion angle and shit the diff real quick, but fixed it eventually. I think his weak point was still the hubs

Na, I had seen busted diff pictures......

Tru, I just looked. He had bad pinion angle but I think corrected it, then endcap busted in the diff then no update

What's the name of that song ?

Oh yeah, 'Another One Bites the Dust'...

pinion angle, my dudes.

whoever did the irs conversion on lloyd's x3 must have done a better job; his car got thrashed on the track til he was having body seams come apart and dailying too for a while with no diff issues. na 2jz thiugh.

Pinion angle destroys universal joints, not diffs.

HP & shock loads destroy diffs.

That ford pos couldn't take it.........

I should have known...........as soon as you said 'engineer'.

Glanced through page 51, jumped to page 60, and confirmed my thoughts on 'engineers'.

They are idiots, 95% of the time.

"I blasted the parts, and re-polished the bearing surfaces" - Idiot...

Then he painted his shafts, including the bearing locating shoulder, and the diameter where the bearing goes on.

Then by page 60, he had fucked up one set of gears, and several bearings.

Probably drives slower than my grandmother.

Yup, confirmed, has a W58 in it, and no where does he give HP numbers, or drag strip numbers.

It's a show queen, as at the very end, that is what he says he does with the car.

It will blow the bearing caps off of it if he does anything else with it, just like the X7 guy did,

and like all the Honda S2000s do.

Weak diff, proven fact, get over it, and look at something else.

But it impresses the hell out of all the kiddies......

Finally confirmed what we all knew

eHPTgsa.jpg

Note to future x7 idiots (myself included) . Just don't do it. A little over 400hp/400tq 16s and ONLY 215/50s.

I like to think the added shock from the heavy ass 1piece shaft adds to the issue. But as rue knows the 2piece can't really take the power either. It's quite possible I setup Rue's spacer wrong. But it spanned at the splines just like most everyone elses. I left my extra hub at the diff shop to see if they could spin it up and tell me if it's still straight (I think I bent it in a previous show of shit driving.) Either way I'm gonna run it. If it's straight I'll throw it in and drive the car around some. If it's bent I'm gonna throw it in anyways so I can drive the car to the fabricators house 3 hours away.

I tossed around the idea of trying to see if someone would be willing to make the hubs out of a better solid piece of metal, then upgrade my axles. but then he question is will the diff/r&P still hold out. And still the semi trailing arm geometry.

Thanks again HESH for the homie hook up on all the parts again! Silver car getting stance coils and probably adjustable tension rods, plus the camber brackets from my car and then done with that car haha

Ah...Is that what I think it is ?

Welds on the flange ?

You had CONVERTED 5-lug shafts ?

Ya, I bought 3 hubs that had chunks welded on to make them round. The person who sold me them gave up because he couldn't drill through the welds (needed to for 1 hole) I had them finished then milled flat in the front. Maybe Rue will get lucky and ms123's were made with a different batch of not so shitty metal.

I wouldn't have even tried bolting them onto the car...

Heating something like that screws up the temper.

Sure, but dozens of other un touched 4lug hubs have sheared in the same place. I got 10s of thousands of miles out of mine and a solid 5 year daily driven car. We could sit here and bench build the perfect car for the next 2 decades though. Let me know how thats working out for you ;)

Working just fine :)

Back on the X7 shaft thing....If they are all breaking there, then the welding didn't effect anything.

Looks like you are just fucked....

at this point go through the pain of doing a s13 rear sub frame

if it was me, id strip the x7 with all the problems and make one good and nice looking x7 with your nice jdm bits, and put all the powerful stuff and 5lug wheels and whatever into a x8 simple shell and do that. but thats me, also nice to change up the chassis and have a margin of variety. considering all the massive problems this chassis is having just being a car

As smart as reshelling to a newer better chassis would be, I think I'm just too far gone sippin that x7 koolaid.

I think the largest thing holding me back is the nostalgia, the interior just goes downhill for me in most other cars. Even though I never fully reassembled mine, I love everything about mine.

x5rirev.jpg

I'm too indecisive and borderline broke to make up my mind. I've already said it 1000 times but the smartest would be to just jump in with the x8 subframe but I worry about small shit like it not fitting around the gastank, or having to heavily mutilate the chassis to get it in. The z32 weld on option is gaining popularity in my head again haha. Hey Gordo maybe since you told UPS to fuck themselves I can pay you to Make American I mean my car good again hah

Nope, can't even finish mine......

Get a good set of shafts, remove any stress risers around the splines, and get them cryo treated.

Who knows, they just may survive a few more clutch kicks.

Wow, that link sure got around fast....

OK, I've seen custom shafts for other cars, they run about $500 a pair.

If someone wanted to invest $$, to have 20 sets of X7 shafts made, out of a better material, and........

a larger spline.

Wait, custom shafts for a forgotten car ?

Never happen.

But, lets just say someone was that stupid, say like schlammie stupid, and did it.,

This problem would be 50% fixed.