WhoreMouth_Jr

Team Somehow Running Again x7

All the holes in the firewall are circles? I made the ones in the rad support large because my motor has been at the machine shop for 4 months and I got sick of waiting. I highly doubt they will be noticeable once everything is in, plus I'm just gonna smash it into a wall anyway so fuck it.

Don't worry Rue shares your opinion ;)

Maybe if I had an x8 or something, dealing with how the x7 bumper and lights bolt wold have been a headache. And again no desire to cage my car so it would have also been a waste.

Another point would be that I plan on running some lines through them 2x an-10 and some an-6 stuff ain't about to drill 20 extra holes haha

Coming up on 6 months of motor at the machine shop -_- and probably half that at least for my harness as well now.

Trying to keep my self motivated but shit is hard

Looking to run a kouki lip with this as well to cover up the gap on the sides.

Also finally got a rear spoiler that I don't hate.

GXnKlTd.jpg

r8oaik7.jpg

Fits perfectly behind bumper and grill:

hGxBFgq.jpg

Jv2PAKD.jpg

(Roommates car haha)

MICm4YX.jpg

Can't decide on what I want to do with the wheels. So far everyone thinks I should polish them, But I wanna have the powder coated gun metal or grey/silver(like most equips are)

Gunmetal color my rears are:

c1PDeOM.jpg

Took black paint off and started cleaning up one of the fronts:

El9Ew8z.jpg

Hoping to run my new gas lines this week -8 feed with -6 return. Including bulkhead style fittings on hanger

I'm actually a fan of black faces on 05's. And maybe you're focusing all your time and effort on the wrong car in the garage.

Just wait till they become legal for importation in the states...shit will get old real quick.

take it from someone who had their wheel centers powdercoated instead of polished.

powdercoating = easy way out

polishing = looks waaaay better at the expense of some elbow grease to keep them looking good

-6 feed would be fine dude don't spend the extra money

Couldn't you polish then do clear powder to keep it easy?

yes and no.

i researched this before doing mine. the local coaters said and consensus from "experts" online was that polishing the center doesnt give the clear much to adhere to, and that it will yellow and flake easily compared to a surface that has been media blasted and coated with an opaque color.

so you take your chances. also, if you go the powdercoat route, make sure whoever youre using knows what theyre doing. i was told and read that alloys can outgas during the baking process and fuck up the coating.

The rx-7 is my roommates. He bought it with a blown 13b =(

And kyle sorry I already bought everything for the -8 feed haha OOOPS

And as for the wheels, it leaves me wondering what to do about polishing them then, because what ever you call the part of the faces that isn't the flat showing part: look slightly beat up, Should I polish that part too?

My gf volunteered to help polish (we'll see how long until shes over that haha.) so that will help split the effort.

In other news, I went with x8 xm arms up front, I have the tie rod ends with the "short" tubes. I have the arms out like 4 turns on the inner and 4 turns on the outer hiems. x8 shit shoudl already be ~1in. extra track by itself.

1. I don't feel like I have that much angle aka I think with stock x8 arms I felt like I had more

2. The adjusters are all the way in and it isn't enough -_-

3. maybe its an optical illusion with these stock x8 wheels i'm running

I think I'm gonna have to nut up and get knuckles as well as I'm still running stock x8 ones.

Also probably gonna have to push the arms out more

shitty pictures for reference

FAuPdeE.jpg

nXYsvNV.jpg

you could polish the sides of the spokes to clean them up but dont take it to a high luster finish. i have these august feroces and the centers are a little corroded from sitting in sea air for a long while. i could polish them, but theyd lose the sweet machined surface so instead i'll scrub and use light chemicals then paint the sides of my spokes and seal them.

^^ My roommate hit them up with a diamond block if thats what you mean, looks like it could use some more love to make them shine more.

Dang just looked up clear anodized I think thats a look I like

6250494905_3d7641ff37.jpg

Haha yeah I am a lurker. Not much to post about when I haven't done shit with my car other than drive it. Same stock turbos and w58 since I did my 1jz swap in 08, haven't failed yet.

Yeah I'm in Everett man. We will have to get together sometime and hang out.