WhoreMouth_Jr

Team Never Gonna Run Again

Blitz 03s look good on anything so you cant go wrong.

Hey guys having issues solving my rear camber problems :( right now I’m getting about 70% tire wear. Of course I want 100% but I can not find eccentric bolts for the rear to have adjustability. I’m sure every x7 owner has had this problem before CE35584B-B3F6-4CAF-8431-D67485BEBF8C.thumb.jpeg.e21b151b2cc064e56bbc3e544d76dd83.jpeg

Oh god, this should be fun.....

Lol read through my thread, also make an intro k thanks

TLDR: Good luck have fun

No 'Happy Endings' here.....

23 minutes ago, Gordo said:

No 'Happy Endings' here.....

Or ever if you own an x7

The quest to have the most retarded x7 possible still continues.  On this months edition: Hopefully ACTUAL camber and toe corrected rear geometry.

7XGT2dR.jpg

V8pkUIw.jpg

Subframe isn't done but you can see they moved the outer mounts (ones that more largely affect camber) down and the inner ones up to compensate for binding that occurs when you only move the outer mount down (which is what most people try and do.) Getting excited to see what life will be like with less than -3-4 degrees in the back hah

In v8 world we thought we burned out both fans last event.  But it turns out one of the fan's housing busted and caused the blades to collide with it and those broken blades went into the other fan and broke all those blades haha. 

I really wanted to hit JZ meeting, but at the rare it's going I'm probably gonna have to miss it.  But should be good for our yearly event with special guest @jzxseven 😍😍😍

Question from a 'no X7 experience what so ever' guy:

Why can't you just heat, and bend the bearing/stub axle end of the swing arm to correct camber ?
I've seen it done on Datsun 510 swing arms.

Thats probably a valid way, as well a solution that probably would have worked for me: was for them to weld the adapter plates at an angle to correct it when they were welding them, which I wish I did.  I was worried about adding complexity but clearly these guys know what they are doing haha

My Ra65 has the same rear suspension design and issues, and there has been several different approaches to correcting the geometry when lowered.. This looks like one of the more thought out options I've seen out there..

Who makes this? Or was this a custom deal?

Its a fab shop that is local to me.  I did see on the celica supra FB group that some shop had designed tubular control arms which accepted much stronger hubs basically what I had done to my arms but nicer.  I think he was talking about producing them once they where tested or something.  But those arms didn't address the camber problem. 

@LUMBERZACK, i just like starting friendly banter. 

@WhoreMouth_Jr is my frand and i like him. and ty. flip the bitch and keep sending it. gotta get that seat time while i could.

yall may refer to me as lil flip from now on. ty.

funny how i can slay a track day but im still lil flip ahahah. w/e yolo

The shop decided to put hiems on both ends to give me a headache trying to align the damn car.  At least I have semi adjustable wheel base 😂

They took way longer than normal and the cost was insane but we ain't gonna talk about that

GFNxv4F.jpg

Didn't have time to do anything before our annual track rental get together: Shitbox Showdown.  I was really hoping to have my new oil setup in and circulating ice cold oil, but settled for a 5.25' SPAL Puller on my current cooler. Didn't really go over 225 this time (>20 degrees colder than previously), but I didn't get all that much run time, more on that later. Replaced my 2nd set of rack bushings and sent it. 

The event itself was rad as always. The OG x7 king @jzxseven and his lady drove his truck up all the way from San Jose for the event. @BKH808 and @Guarantities flew in from Hawai'ito pilot the v8 shitter, and lover boy @vampirebeats also in attendance per the usge. I got to lay down a couple alright runs, and tried out the 17' advans before I broke the shit outta something.  I'm guessing either the welds on the diff (highly doubt) or one of the axle ends.  Gonna drop the whole rear and dig into it this weekend. Other than that and Josh losing a tooth or 2 from his ring gear it was a pretty successful event.

So depending looks like putting a real diff in the rear might have moved up the totem pole, above or next to having the rack moved forward to hopefully stop shitting those bushings out. I think the new geometry under load might be a little weird but thats something that will have to be checked out when I can drive it again.  Anyways heres a couple hotboi photos from the event:

LY1POEs.jpg

JYxZudh.jpg

qyAPJDA.jpg

zsRTsuy.jpg

5mnYrBm.jpg

hZDA6a4.jpg

geCSAei.jpg

27szgYH.jpg

qVDYatp.jpg

All the action shots are from the local guy: Timothy Newport (theres a ton more but I'm sure nobody cares)

Car is still an absolute blast to drive. A normal person would just give up already and put this JZ in something else that isn't gonna break every other event but I just can't get over it hah.  Hopefully I'll get it back together at somepoint this year, but until then I'll probably try to get some seat time in the v8 car.

ANYWAYS, All in all solid week, solid event.  Hope everyone can make it back next year and then some ❤️

XiNFMea.jpg

Bonus cute little fan laying on my new cooler (didn't take any of it mounted to my current cooler)

f3LhjON.jpg

18 hours ago, battleaxe said:

why is the x8s downpipe sitting on the ground?

Because I straight up suck at welding exhaust. If I have time I'll fix it, or when I swap turbos I'll make it better.

The pic of you almost kind of three-wheeling is rad. Reminds me of the drop at Nikko Circuit.

haha thanks guys!  0.5 seconds later my car probably looked like this:

6TN9BNQ.jpg

Seriously contemplating what I'm gonna do next with my POS... Meanwhile the UZ car gotta be nearing, if not past 15 events with the worst thing going wrong the ebay fans grenading themselves.

zS5aFuQ.jpg

Props Forest Wang's Vapetasia App for adding cushy clouds to all the photos with the press of a button

i wish i could do cool three wheel'd drifts like u swag daddy

Haha thanks dad, not real 3 wheel drifts though.  Just an optical illusion as my car ain't even remotely stiff enough