ChriSOL

Wizard People, Dear Reader

Keep your holset, the novelty of twins wears off pretty fast

Yeah it's not going anywhere now. Nobody wants to pay for a rebuilt one when they can get a junkyard special and do it themselves pretty easily.

I still have to get my B1 plug repinned, replace the windshield, do something about exhaust, clean up the engine bay by cutting those long T-bolts to height and redoing the valve covers, bolt up the interior after the digi cluster is working, lower the car back to its proper height and wire up the headlights.

Sweet man glad to hear this I know you have been waiting for a good while now

Took my first ride in the car today. Starts and runs okay, Hits boost cut hard. Needs better gas and new plugs.

Digi cluster lights up but doesnt Info, c3 plug still needs rewired.

Little shit here and there. Bryan does awesome work.

C3 plug hasn't been repinned and the tach adapter isn't installed yet. I'm going to finish that once it's home. The cluster just lighting up at all is a huge triumph though. Hopefully all the gauges work, went through the trouble of swapping shit to make it do what it's supposed to...

man i haven't seen one of those for a long time. cool shit!

Shit left to do:

- spark plugs

- oil change

- engine bay cleanup and double check

- windshield

- exhaust

- set ride height back down where it should stay

- finish wiring dash stuff

- put interior back together

- install headlights

- get a new hub for the Nardi

- alignment

- clean up fenders where they were rolled

- real lug nuts

- a real battery

When we started the car yesterday to drive it home it had a problem holding idle at first. When it warmed up a little, the idle was smooth but opening the throttle caused it to fall off and misfire when revved. At operating temp the prob wasn't evident. We checked the MAP, the ignitor and coilpack connectors. Only thing we can think of is the TPS isn't right after swapping it to the non-trac throttle body, but I'm going to wait until I get new plugs in it before I start freaking out.

The other thing is the brake pedal has too much travel and feels too mushy for my taste. System was supposedly fully bled but I don't know. I will look into it also.

Other than that, the drive home was the smoothest ride I've had in a long time. The steering is so tight and precise, it's night and day to even my Miata for some reason. Transmission shifted great, especially for an R154. I need to turn up the damping on the coils a little but I have no complaints about the ride so far.

With the open downpipe I sounded like a dump truck the entire drive.

Breaking up when you hit boost?

Edit: and do you have any idea of rpm it's holding idle at?

Idles around 800 rpm after warmup, kept it out of boost for the drive home last night because I don't have a speedo or working temp gauge. Some of the gas in the tank is old too, that will be addressed before I start pulling things apart.

916234e8.jpg

th_e95c81a7.jpg

Open Y-pipe. Runs rich as shit, you can see how the bay needs to be straightened up.

I think tonight I will be taking the valve covers off so my friend can sandblast them and I can get them powdercoated.

So I tried to bolt up my lights and found that the intercooler end tanks were in the way. Like a lot. So I was pretty frustrated because I paid specifically to have that NOT be the case... Before I started dremeling the expensive headlight housings I removed all the brackets from the intercooler and it had enough play to push it down a few centimeters which makes the headlights fit right. Coincidentally, the good latch was being supported by a bracket on the top of the intercooler and the hood was latching too low so it didn't sit flush with the fender line and wouldn't pop up right when the latch was pulled. So I need to make some new brackets and that should solve those issues.

The secondary o2 sensor bung on the y-pipe is open so I need a threaded bolt to plug it up. Is anyone else running the CXinese-Racing poop that can verify size and thread pitch?

^ I no longer believe you are from the US because you used the word "centimeters" lol.

I would assume the O2 bung would be standard size/thread pitch, which is M18x1.5. You should be able to get a plug for a couple dollars from any autoparts store or exhaust shop.

I got the eBay y-pipe/downpipe combo and it came with that secondary o2 plug. Just make sure when you make a new brace for your intercooler, incorporate the hoodlatch bracket or else the hood will flap in the wind, literally. With mine I zip tied the grill tight against all of it's mounting points to make it a little more solid. I just don't like hood pins so this was the best I could do. Car needs a little more lower but I like the wheels.

Thanks Jimmy! I'm American but I like the metric system when it comes to this sort of thing.

It hasn't been lowered to it's final height yet, probably not going to do it until I get everything else done. I'm really paranoid about the hood flying up so you can believe it will be sturdy as fuck.

I also had Kyle and Jon stop by the other night and they made me realize I am going to need some heat shielding going on around the turbos. The part of the harness that runs over that side of the bay to the ECU was just kind of resting on the piping so I snatched another black plastic box from a junkyard car and bolted it up out of the way.

I need to find a good place to mount the igniter, pref without having to extend any wires.

I mounted my ignitor on the side of the strut tower underneath the brake lines. There is already an existing hole there and use the bracket of the ignitor. Mount it plugs facing radiator. It'll be out of the way of any heat source and it won't get in the way when changing oil or doing anyother type of maintainance.

He doesn't have enough wiring to go that fr without extending, but it could prob fit nicely bolted to the firewall right behind the intake side using one of the brake line mounting tabs iirc.

Fucking car is super clean. I hate you for it. I'll get those heat shields to you in the next couple weeks somehow

Yea Dude glad u got your shit running, U missed out friday Kyle and I got my shit ready for round two so here pretty soon we can go tear shit up!

all i gotta say is bitches love the cress i see her sitting in there she isnt slick

Last night I found a place to mount my ignitor, needs a little work to fit behind the wire box on the firewall but seems like it's a good place.

I test fit my headlights and grille to make sure it would all clear and it does:

20110307-192226.jpg