CelicaDRIFTER

less celica, moar cressida!

i already do love the 4.3. shit gets up and goes. mashin on the gas on the freeway and before i know it im already at 100mph. haha

now, to get this 1jz in already. lol

Your motor makes me happy.

good to hear. HAHAHA.

got a non trac throttle body on the way. gonna sell the one i have right now with the trac. control block off on it.

also got the internal wastegate on my holset hx35 welded shut.

one more thing...

stickers!

7417_144098127647_601557647_2625717_2479056_n.jpg

dammit. front of the motor sprung an oil leak... again.

wtf?! the new seals were put on a few months ago.

7m's are drama. needz moar 1jz in my life.

gonna get started on buying up everything else i need so i can drop this sucka in!

my car gets annoying to drive with its fucked up idle.

it'll either idle rough and want to die, gotta rev it steady at like 1500rpm OR, it'll idle steady on its own at like 1500rpm, but thats after driving it for a while. but its either/or.

cant wait to get this POS out for a better motor. haha.

havent updated cuz not much goin on.

but.

just snagged a turbo manifold from ebay.

DSC_0695.jpg

gonna reflange it to a T3 divided and weld braces on it at work when it gets here.

then i can mount it along with my holset hx35.

also gonna get an Apex wastegate from work.

and plumb all the oil lines and then move onto the next section of the motor, lol.

i have a vacuum leak somewhere.

i tried replacing the idle speed valve with one i cleaned out thinking it could be that. didnt work. lol

ugh. wish my car was running right. i hate having to revving/holding idle while at a stoplight. just hope a cop isnt next to me when i do that.

I somehow missed the valvecovers until now. I love those.

set your TPS dude!

whats the base timing set at?

is there any cracks/holes between your throttle ad you airflowmeter?

did you check the loose nut behind the steering wheel?

holy fuckin shit! muthafuckin David!

so yeah. rough idle caused by a hole burned through on the resonator on the intake.

so now i got that fixed but now i gotta reset the timing and tps.

i needs to borrow a timing gun.

screwed with the timing and tps to drop idle rpm, lowest it went is 1000 to 1200.

drove around the block, still gotta play with the timing and the tps. car misses and doesnt accelerate as fast.

but holy shit! it idles steady now!!

workin on my car earlier in the damn cold outside and this little fella hops onto my engine bay and walks around. hahahha

i think he sleeps under my celica too. i dunno.

not my cat btw.

11555_191608512647_601557647_3008708_6857926_n.jpg

11555_191610787647_601557647_3008711_7093640_n.jpg

holy fuckin shit! muthafuckin David!

so yeah. rough idle caused by a hole burned through on the resonator on the intake.

so now i got that fixed but now i gotta reset the timing and tps.

i needs to borrow a timing gun.

screwed with the timing and tps to drop idle rpm, lowest it went is 1000 to 1200.

drove around the block, still gotta play with the timing and the tps. car misses and doesnt accelerate as fast.

but holy shit! it idles steady now!!

Sweet Sauce man!!!

before I changed my intake pipe to a 3" piece of metal pipe, the same shit happened to mine... I was boning out in the tunnel to griffith park when the resonator thing pretty much imploded on the bottom side.. I had to neutral drope the whole way home to keep it from stalling out. Replaced all kinds of stuff... then for some rerason i touched the resonator and it started to crumble in my hand lol. I was using pacesetter headers with no heat shield and no wrap.. Since then my intake and headers are double wrapped with exhuast wrap. over kill for sure, but you can put your hand 1" away from my headers while the engine is at 4000rpm for as long as you want.

set your new tps and you should be money.. ohh and trip E1 and Te1 while you got the timing light on the motor, otherwise you will not be changing the real timing, just fucking with the ecu's head lol.

Hmmmm. 6pack of Drifter pale ale for your buddy?

went to the Greddy Garage Sale and Driftspeed's xmas sale today.

got a Greddy timing belt, 2jz pulley kit, and 6 Greddy/Denso 660cc topfeed injectors. =)

And a clutch fan water pump. I sent it today :)

sweeeet!

also got my t3 to t4 divided turbo adapter today in the mail. then monday i should get my turbo manifold in too!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I saw your post about that nonsense. I flew back east for the holidays. I wanted to go so badddd. How much were the injectors so I can kick myself later when I have to spend full pop?

get ready for this....

u ready?...

ok...

they were $50 each. so $300 for all 6 topfeeds. low impedance. they also have 550's at the same price.

timing belt was $100 over there too.

i have the pricelist still if u wanted any pricing on certain things they might have.

although, theyre having another garage sale on the Friday the 18th too. so if your back. there ya go!

www.greddy.com

11555_198378097647_601557647_3032839_7684648_n.jpg

Goddamnit I won't br back til Jan 5th! And I don't have $450 to spare to make top feed jams work. Did they have side feeds? Ughh so cheap too.

Goddamnit I won't br back til Jan 5th! And I don't have $450 to spare to make top feed jams work. Did they have side feeds? Ughh so cheap too.

nope, no sidefeeds.