CelicaDRIFTER

less celica, moar cressida!

heres mine.

this was the one Darren was sellin on here.

well. here it goes....

Swappin out that blown 7m for another NA 7m since i have to drive this sucka down for an inspection since its a WA car.

I'll still be playin with the car till the 1jz is ready to go in.

But the 7m i picked up had some work done. port n' polished head, 3 angle valve job, arp head studs/ hks metal headgasket, new timing belt and water pump. Pretty much picked it up for less than how much all those parts costed. Ha. Also got an rps 12 lb flywheel and a 6 puck clutch, and a stock MA70 supra turbo LSD to use for the meanwhile. Has 3.73 gears but swappin those out for either a 4.1 or 4.3 before it goes in.

The 1jz, still collecting parts for it.

might be pickin up a 2jzgte bottom end and building a 1.5jz

more to come

o and as of today(5/15/09), motor and tranny are out.

DSCN1073.jpg

DSCN1074.jpg

DSCN1075.jpg

DSCN1005.jpg

DSCN1077.jpg

DSCN1079.jpg

DSCN1078.jpg

got the 5 spd pedal assembly all in!

any certain plugs n' stuff i should disconnect and get rid of from the automatic stuffs?

kinda too lazy to search at the moment. crashing off an energy drink i had earlier. lol

cool stuff.

i bet with all that stuff in the 7m it doesn't act any different. everything besides the polish was just trying to prevent bhg that already started the motor's end game. they usually go emo after the first gasket, even with MHG and ARP, those can even make it worse, mine only lasted 3 months.

get that 1J in there faster if possible. god speed to the old 7m if you need to drive on it.

today, swapped oil pan/ pickup off the cressida to the supra 7mge. also started swapping out little parts here and there. finishing that up tomorrow.

when darren was sellin this car on here, said the motor made noise, turns out. it had rod knock/ threw a rod. found pieces of the rod in the oil pan along with some other small metal pieces.

DSCN1082.jpg

DSCN1086.jpg

DSCN1083.jpg

DSCN1085.jpg

that looks like it would make a little bit of noise.

handle that shit! this better be on the road next week. or else ill put rayray and krammit on you.

should be running next week.

i wanna get it running before the guys at the shop leave for Formula D in jersey.

pressure washed the engine bay today. now i just gotta bang out the tranny tunnel and put everything back on.

Damn... look at all them chunks. woot.

fuck yeah why didn't i think of that. guitar knob ftw. awesome.

Nardi knockoff FTW.

they raised the price since then on ebay, its the NOB taniguchi edition knockoff goin now for $109 buy now.

looks soo real it can be passed off as the real thing.

although u can tell its a fake by the kinda leather or perhaps pleather? they used. haha

got that and a boss hub, goin on tonight.

also banged out the tranny tunnel, so the motors goin in soon. lame that its not the 1jz yet. ugh.

DSCN1199.jpg

never!

haha.

to busy with other stuff over there to be taking other stuff like that.

update. the motor is in, tranny wouldve went in with the motor but was missing them retainer clips that hold the clutch release hub to the fork. ugh.

so tomorrow, possibly puttin tranny in, driveline, etc. and hopefully startin this sucka on wed.!!

well, yesterday night. motor was dropped in and everything else connected.

was gonna drop the motor with the tranny installed but was missing the retaining clips from the clutch release hub to fork. ordered at cabe toyota in long beach. all that should be in tomorrow, and hopefully running!

DSCN1203.jpg

DSCN1204.jpg

DSCN1202.jpg

well, today i was at work.

not workin.

but workin on my car. ha.

not much went on today since the guys just came back from Formula D jersey the other day.

got the tranny, driveline and lame-o stock exhaust back in, although i gutted the cat. ha. gonna get some sorta catback later.

gettin close.

at the moment, thinkin of sellin my 1jz, gettin a 2jz we got sittin at the shop. :lol:

DSCN1208.jpg

DSCN1209.jpg

DSCN1211.jpg

DSCN1213.jpg

pickin these up later this week too.

18x9/ 10 Work Euroline gonna space them out tho.

129eurolinea.jpg

cars running today, but wont hold idle due to a vacuum leak, arrrrgh. still need to find where its leakin.

found that the front main seal is leakin, gotta replace that too, motherfucker! bah!

other than that. still gotta bleed the clutch and put the rest of the interior back in.

the PPS mod works fine too. yess!

BAH!

leaky injector seal on cyl. 1

meaning a loss in compression on that cyl.

meaning, the reason the car wont hold idle.

i hate workin on 7m's!!!!!!!!