Sign in to follow this  
Zale

Coilpack Trouble

Well, I swapped out my plugs yesterday and while taking off the two clips on my middle coilpack, BOTH clips pretty much disintegrated so that the plugs are just kind of floating around. I pused them in as best I could and the car is running fine so I must have lucked out and got them in right but that obviously wont last. What is the procedure to replace those clips? Am I better off duct taping them and crossing my fingers? I just hope I dont have to replace the entire harness.

Well, I swapped out my plugs yesterday and while taking off the two clips on my middle coilpack, BOTH clips pretty much disintegrated so that the plugs are just kind of floating around. I pused them in as best I could and the car is running fine so I must have lucked out and got them in right but that obviously wont last. What is the procedure to replace those clips? Am I better off duct taping them and crossing my fingers? I just hope I dont have to replace the entire harness.

drift motion to the rescue

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-1jz2...onnectorset.php

i got these a few weeks ago for my car

Thanks Shawn! How hard was the install? Got a general step by step for a noob like me?

These are $6 each at Toyota (in the US, ask for coilpack plugs for 93-98 Supra Turbo). You don't have to cut or do anything crazy, just pull the pins out of the bad plug/clip (there should be a little locking tab on the inside where the pin is, just press it down with a tiny flat head screwdriver and pull) then just put the pin into the new plug. Done.

I did all 6 on my last 1JZ, so easy.

Crazy, I didnt see any small tab... Ill have to look again and go order two. Thanks!

i'm doing this from memory (changed them 5 years ago) but basically there should be a tiny little metal "tab" on each pin that holds the pin into the plug. if you press it down and pull, the whole pin/wire will slide out of the plug. good luck!

i just posted what cars to get them from at the junkyard in the PRIVATE EYES section.

^^ I appreciate it but we dont have many junkyards near me. just easier to order them through Toyota to be honest.

And Brian, that makes total sense now. Thanks!

Went to Toyota and asked for the coilpack plugs for a 94 Supra and they had no idear what I was talking about. Went home printed off pictures of the clips, what the clip onto and how those are the top of the packs, still couldnt find it. I went through www.toyodiy.com and I couldnt find them!!! Anybody have a part number or any ideas so that I can order these mofos!? I had to do a mid drive, dowtown, quick fix today (always keep a portable tool box in the trunk) B) . Oi. And no offence to Driftmotion but Im not about to pay $65USD for $6 dollar clips.

i also posted how to get those clips brand new from toyota in that thread. i got 3. if i remember ill pull the PN off the bag for you tomorrow.

I would love you for ever and ever and ever and ever..... ^^

Mine are still working but Id just rather not have them unplug in the middle of going somewhere.

Grabbed from this thread

90980-11246 COIL PACK CONNECTOR LIST 5.89 COST 4.43

thanks i forgot. theyre floating around my car in the baggie with the part number inside of another bag.

im a slob