Mats

JZX90 fuel pump

I got my dyno day scheduled for Thursday. now with 60-1 and 550 injectors and top feed fuel rail and afpr..... do you think the stock pump will be able to produce 425rwhp? any idea how much the stock fuel pump can handle? i tried searching and cant seem to find anything.

should i go to dyno with stock fuel pump or swap in my walbro 255 from my silvia and hope that works? btw read something about toyota running 9V to fuel pump?

any info is greatly appreciated!

Mats

I wouldnt worry about it. Shawley (I think) is running stock with cams and injectors on his 90 and made 400. I think you'll be ok.

according to Shawley he doesnt think its a stock pump. i talked to my guy whos tuning the car tomorrow and he seems to think 1J pumps should be good to hold 450rwhp. ill bring my walbro with me and hope i dont need to swap it while im on dyno time

You might be okay but please run it at 12v full time.

In jzx90 unplug the fuel ecu and jumper B and FP (pins 4 and 5) in the connector. You should make your jumper out of like 12ga wire and spade connectors then tape over it or whatever. This will give you a full 12v with ecu on at all times. Makes tuning a ton easier. iirc they should be a blk/red and a blue or blue/blk. Remember toyota labels pins looking in at the female side of the connector. If you're not sure then call me :)

Thanks for info MArk.....i will look into this 9V to 12V conversion(if thats wha tyou want to call it) Would it be the same as the soarer deal?

You might be okay but please run it at 12v full time.

In jzx90 unplug the fuel ecu and jumper B and FP (pins 4 and 5) in the connector. You should make your jumper out of like 12ga wire and spade connectors then tape over it or whatever. This will give you a full 12v with ecu on at all times. Makes tuning a ton easier. iirc they should be a blk/red and a blue or blue/blk. Remember toyota labels pins looking in at the female side of the connector. If you're not sure then call me :)

mark, you bum, i asked about this last week. hahaha.

i just want to confirm this; on that fuel pump ecu plug, the wires (FRC and D1) don't need to be plugged in to the fuel pump ecu for the car to run with the fuel pump wired separate from this system (as in jumped like you want mats to do). i just don't know what to do with my loose FRC and D1 wires for that plug, and i don't have a fuel ecu.

mark, you bum, i asked about this last week. hahaha.

i just want to confirm this; on that fuel pump ecu plug, the wires (FRC and D1) don't need to be plugged in to the fuel pump ecu for the car to run with the fuel pump wired separate from this system (as in jumped like you want mats to do). i just don't know what to do with my loose FRC and D1 wires for that plug, and i don't have a fuel ecu.

fpc/di are outputs so the ecu doesn't give a fuck really. On the drunk wiring guide the way I told you to do it is essentially the same(+B1 to FP). I've been thinking about trying a diode inline with the idl1 circuit to control the low side of the fuel pump relay. It would be pretty easy but probably not worth it. I like t make things simpler y know?

have fun.

ok, awesome. didn't remember that part, i guess reading while drunk might have been too much.

i just finished my wiring and i didn't know if those were just outputs. everything else is nailed down. awesome awesomeness.

Did you get a chance to dyno it ? I don't think you will be hitting over 400 with 550cc unless you seriously crank up the fuel presure. My Soarer Maxed the sard 540ccs with a warboro 255 and stock fuel pressure on a dynojet. Shawleys car has 850cc sard and made 420 whp on the same dyno with the jdm tune.

Did you get a chance to dyno it ? I don't think you will be hitting over 400 with 550cc unless you seriously crank up the fuel presure. My Soarer Maxed the sard 540ccs with a warboro 255 and stock fuel pressure on a dynojet. Shawleys car has 850cc sard and made 420 whp on the same dyno with the jdm tune.

yes i dyno'd it. I had some issues which at the time we didnt know what it was. It turns out traction control was on which was causing the engine to die but i managed to get 388 rwhp with 16psi. I have yet to go back but i am now running 18.5 psi which im estimating to be around 410-420 rwhp.