Sign in to follow this  
1on1

Differential Back Cover Hex Bolts

12mm allen

it can be a bitch to find. Check places like fastenal or a good hardware store. Anything automotive I checked only went to 10mm.

I don't know if you have a schucks or cragen or whatever the franchise is called down in cali but I went to Schucks and bought a 4 piece "powerbuilt" 12 point bit socket set. They are like 6" long but measure up 2" from end of socket piece and cut. I found this the perfect length to go between the swaybar and tank without needing an extension and the only thing I could find with the 12mm hex end.

it looks like the one on the end, only they are 6" long. From the point where the hex head meets the socket, that's where you wanna measure 2" and cut. Hope that helps ya out!

1000000122-0302508_sk.jpg

nice!

i guess we get the ghetto napa/schucks/autozone/etc... around here. Nobody had the 12mm.. even the kits went up as far as 10mm.

I ended up having to get a super special $15 allen socket.

yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh............. ripoff. but Im glad I have it.

Harbor Freight has that 1/2" allen set. Less than $10.

thanks a lot guys i drove everywhere and called places found one at sears.

installed the new bolt, my diff still moves so i will need new bushings and a new back cover. will probably go back to the junkyard sometime this week when its cooler in cali