Ninjabread

JZX90 Cresta - CheeseCake

Smore progressss

Mocked up the hot pipe, finally the turbo drain isn't all gay and 45* angle.

DSC04647.jpg

Every oem support fits, I'll be putting the crash bar back on too :)

DSC04648.jpg

DSC04649.jpg

How big is that IC core Matt? The new piping route looks like it's a couple feet shorter than the other setup, should give you a little better response.

HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to derrick.

Intercooler turned out 10000x better than i could have expected.

jzx901.jpg

jzx905.jpg

jzx904.jpg

jzx903.jpg

jzx902.jpg

Now just doing all the little things. Will run this weekend for sure!

Sick so how does it feel?

Not good.

Still have mad boost spike issues.

I don't fucking get it. Brand new WG, boost reference line directly to the turbo. Still spikes. I turned up the limiter, it went up to 1.6bar and cut there too... It's an 18 psi spring in there so it should only be hitting 1.22bar

Has anyone ever had this problem? I wonder if it's its the wg runner design that causes it.

any restrictions to the wastegate or on the dump tube? even if it's an 18psi spring, if it can't handle the volume it can spike.

No restrictions really, its the same as any other ebay manifold. I think 46mm is plenty big, but what I will do is put in a smaller spring and see what happens.

Ended up putting a softer spring in and it worked. Now if I could only get this damn PFC boost controller to work lol.

Then went to the track for the first time. Car felt great, ended up debeading a front tire, and fucking 3rd and 4th gear. Swapped for a new tranny courtesy of Bill (Feisar :)) and everthing was good to go.

Knuckle tiiiime.

Before:

DSC04741.jpg

After:

DSC04749.jpg

DSC04747.jpg

Right now with 18x10 0 offset I'm hitting the tension rod. My 9.5's should clear by a cunt hair according to my calculations. 1mm to be accurate hahahahhaha. I may either get 8.5's or just grind down my tension rod a bit where the rim would hit it. Orrr sell these 15mm spacers and order 20's.

Also the brake line fitting is almost touching the strut, so this is basically the most angle I can get with this suspension setup. Should be cool, will report once I drive on them which wont be for a while.

Got tuned yesterday. 410hp at 1.4bar with 425tq. Ran out of fuel pump at high rpm's so it's time for a bosh 044. Cams would also help a great deal at this point!

The power does come on retarded. From 4000 to 4750rpm it goes from 150hp to 410 so it's pretty violent and it actually made more tq than hp all the way up until the crossover point.

Going drifting this afternoon so we will see how it worked out!

Sick that's nice you made more torque then hp get some action shots!

MattJZX90dyno.jpg

Crappy scan of the dyno.

I WOULD have action shots, but drove 2 hours to the track yesterday only to get told when I got there that there was no tire changer.

Fail.

shit is so ridiculous... u driven w/ the knuckles yet?? I love mine... also what castor arms do you have... i guess some of these q's would be answered if i read back a few pages.... too lazy though...

I did yesterday and it felt fucking amazing. Needs like 1/4 of the steering input and I never spun. Currently using jzx110 tension rods, and honestly I have almost 1cm clearance inside with 18x10 0 offset. Here's a pic of the knuckles done.

photo.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Only decent pic i found of the car... too bad cos this corner was 2nd gear. I upshifted to 3rd in the infield and it smoked like a mother.

dn0094_0.preview.jpg

The 3.9 makes 3rd gear kinda hard, can't let off the throttle or I don't have enough power to get back on it so I think I'll throw in that 4.3RP i have layin around.

Awesome video man. I love how everyone's running for cover on the first one when you get near the tire wall. You nailed that one fucking good.