mranlet

FUCK PRO DRIFTING - UCF11

That was an amazing explanation of your inspiration. I agree wholeheartedly. Most people just choose parts, engine, and a color. I have been spending some time at our local Air and Space Museum getting ideas for my engine bay, harnesses, and interior/gauges. I want cold war space race baddassness.

Good day

Yes, I have a green legacy. It's so awesome it makes internet servers crash when I post pics though.

oh shit son check it

legstore.jpg

jonleg1.jpg

jonleg2.jpg

Postal wagon RHD I was gonna swap a ej20r but sold it all I did was 5spd rwd converted biltein coilovers this was a lot of fun.

Hey, that's cool, but check this out:

Here's an example of how overdone the factory wiring is in this car. Say I wanted to strip out one of the front doors. It's got to be a couple of plugs and maybe a pound or so of wiring, isn't it?:

th_68820_DSCF1321_122_436lo.jpg

...yeah right. about 20 minutes later messing around with harnesses and sub-harnesses, clips, modules, insulation and retainers, it finally looks like this:

th_68821_DSCF1319_122_224lo.jpg

Here's what I took out of one door. about 10 lbs. of bullshit that is no longer needed. This isn't including the wiring for the power window, which still works on the jump pack and will with the EZ harness:

th_68822_DSCF1322_122_791lo.jpg

More of the cage so far, as requested. Door bars aren't going in until I have the seat in place to ensure abslute comfort around the left arm and knee. I'm adding a few more bars as well just for the sake of structural rigidity. Also notice that I drop the cage through the floor via holes that get covered up by the baseplates later on. This way there's plenty of room to TIG weld and get my head where I can see. Makes for much better welds and much tighter fitment than just building plinths (boxes) on their own. Even though you'll never see these welds, I still want to make sure they're perfect:

th_68822_DSCF1324_122_355lo.jpg

th_68823_DSCF1325_122_213lo.jpg

th_68824_DSCF1343_122_155lo.jpg

th_68824_DSCF1348_122_3lo.jpg

th_68825_DSCF1350_122_598lo.jpg

th_68825_DSCF1356_122_94lo.jpg

This isn't the final equipment, but you see what I'm hinting at:

th_68826_DSCF1357_122_203lo.jpg

th_68826_DSCF1358_122_150lo.jpg

fuck dude. that's a ton of shit for one door. i've stripped down mkIII supra doors and there isn't even as much as a third of what you pulled outta that LS

Stopped bon Saturday with Mike from AdvancePerformance and picked up a transmission jack, to replace the clutch on his LS1 RX-7, but you were busy "working" in the office. So I ended up shooting the shit with Alpha, who was tuning the Honda.

Your car is looking good. Also loved the Caterham.

Thanks.

I was probably taking a shit when you came by though.

Decided to re pad a Bride to fit me properly.

th_06551_DSCF1360_122_858lo.jpg

Any questions?

I also decided I needed some bottom mount pedals. There are some cheap possibilities out there, but I'm fucking broke. All I could find is a box of rods from a smoked 1UZ.

IMG00898.JPG

A little cutting and welding and I got this:

IMG00902.JPG

IMG00903%20small.jpg

Like magic!

im not gonna lie that looks gangster

Thanks! I have had that idea floating around in my head for a while, but hadn't gotten a chance to implement it.

I also pulled the engine out today so I can clean and seam-weld the engine bay in comfort.

You always do clever shit like this. I'm impressed but not surprised at you mr. anlet aero :)

Watched slide america last night, was thinking about you...

That's sweet of you honey. Some day we'll have to get together again... and dominate!

i cant stress how uncomfortable bottom mount pedals make my feet.

like SUPER HUGE frowny face

but those are SO sick.

Luckily, they're going to be set up as over-swing top hung pedals that will be bolted to the floor. It probably doesn't make any sense, but I'll post a picture when it's together...

Whoa, forum is different now.

Want to see how to make yourself a sweet shifter/ebrake handle/bayonet? Here we go:

step 1:

DSCF1503.jpg

step 2:

DSCF1507.jpg

step 3:

DSCF1508.jpg

Now go punch people!

DSCF1511.jpg

In other news:

engine out

DSCF1421.jpg

in order to clean this engine bay

DSCF1423.jpg

and eliminate this omgtwfclustercusk

DSCF1424.jpg

There's also this:

DSCF1472.jpg

oh look, there's two of them

DSCF1483.jpg

dual double 4" all stainless. I call these the "MegaMan" exhaust, there are a few out there now and they sound superb.

DSCF1484.jpg

this car blows minds. brutal dildo's FTMFW!!!