shawley

My JZX90 Chaser, last page has new video and chick on car shots

Well i looped in my first qualifying run, and my second i just let the ball drop, so didn't make it past qualifying, but still got 5 to 6 hours of track time during practice and had some awesome runs out there, also got to do alot of tandem (really my first time doing tandem ever), leading and chasing, heres a pic my buddie took, should be more later

3583924987_379c0afef3_o.jpg

Nice driving this weekend dude, I think your suspension did you in unfortunately. You'll kill it hard once you get some better footwork for sure.

nice stuff Shawley.

definately grab those solid diff and subframe bushings from G. He made some for me and holy shit.... HUGE difference in how the car reacts. It makes it snapiier and gives it transitions like a corolla. definately worth every penny!

Thanks Cam, hopefully my stances are here soon, stiffen up that bitch, and yea Mats i wanna get those from G, just gotta wait till i get paid, threw all my money into my car this month getting finishing touches done

couple more pics i found on some sites

me tryin to look all professional

4254_598341497885_120403493_35339167_1745815_n.jpg

n511407241_2362744_4289587.jpg

my pits

4573_85002972241_511407241_2362754_200204_n.jpg

Alex ripping

IMG_0244.jpg

Aftermath of 180sx pushing a silvia into the ditch

IMG_0272.jpg

also if your getting stances make sure to get them with 14k front and 9k rear. the stock spring rates are too soft.

wow you will love it once you get better suspension. those things look super super stock status.

Dyno'd it last spring at 420WHP on a dynojet, and since then fixed a couple things such as a cracked turbo manifold

still running the JDM old school Fcon tune aswell

it's a HKS GT3037S

So it's winter now, and FUCKING -40 something Celsius that's the same in Fahrenheit -40 WTF IT'S COLD! but my GS is running no issues at all!

Anyways to some updates on my car,

Have a Vertex Kit on the way, should be here in February sometime, just bumpers and side skirts.

vertexkitiwant-1.jpg

That means i think i need to find some 18's, but unless i get some more killer deals on tires or a tire sponsor i'm not gonna be able to change up to 18's as i still have like 20 to 30 17" tires left in my garage,

As soon as I get into my new place, I'm gonna start pulling the car apart and see what all needs for be done for next year, so far on the list:

-Get my project Mu e-brake shoes in and adjust he e-brake

-Do some adjustments to the suspension

-Redo my rear tow hook on a better bracket, something that could actually move my car

-Get everything taken apart and ready for the kit

-remove seats/harnesses and paint the cage, dunno what color yet?

-Get my s9 sub frame bushings in

-lots more to be added to this list

Did you ever get coilovers figured out?

Yea, had issues with the shop i was getting my Stance Coilovers from, and they sent me JZS161 Aristo coilovers not JZX90 one's, so i sent them back, and they said by August or September they would be able to get me my JZX90 ones, and this was in May/June, and i needed suspension for the next few events, so I canceled the stance, and ordered some Tein SuperDrift coilovers that came from Japan in about 8 days, cost a little more than the Stance's, but really I needed them at that time. And they seemed to work great, the first event with them I qualified 2nd place, but then got knocked out in to 16.

Yea, had issues with the shop i was getting my Stance Coilovers from, and they sent me JZS161 Aristo coilovers not JZX90 one's, so i sent them back, and they said by August or September they would be able to get me my JZX90 ones, and this was in May/June, and i needed suspension for the next few events, so I canceled the stance, and ordered some Tein SuperDrift coilovers that came from Japan in about 8 days, cost a little more than the Stance's, but really I needed them at that time. And they seemed to work great, the first event with them I qualified 2nd place, but then got knocked out in to 16.

I heard about the shit with that shop through the grapevine, unless someone lied hah. But that good you got some good coils in there. I need to get on that too.

I heard about the shit with that shop through the grapevine, unless someone lied hah. But that good you got some good coils in there. I need to get on that too.

You probably heard from MAK, before they had to shut down, matt was gonna try to help me get something from k-sport, but wasn't in time, and all that shit so just talked to a source in Japan and had it here ASAP

That'd be correct. You put it nicely, he drove himself out of buisness, along with alienating most of his friends. A shame really.

I think the Teins were a better choice, Ksports just arent... right. Had some in my Soarer, they just never felt like the old JIC's or any of the Tein products I've owned.

ah yea i heard alot of the things about the shop, not good at all

but anyways moved the car from my parents house to my new place yesterday here's some pics

flipped the master power switch on the back of the car and fired right up in a non heated garage right away in -20 to -30 Celsius, that's very close to Fahrenheit

15531_202646178151_511443151_2981927_1666326_n.jpg

15531_202646183151_511443151_2981928_2254714_n.jpg

15531_202646188151_511443151_2981929_1885975_n.jpg

Fucking COLD OUT!!!!!!!

i <3 jzx90 shit looks dope man

anyone got a hook up at Discount Tire in the states??

I'm looking to pick up some MB Battles 18x9.5 +15

I was quoted around $1800 ish shipped for 8 wheels,

mbbattle.jpg