Mats

1JZ Timing Belt

Anyone know the part number for a 1JZ timing belt? Also is it the same as the 2JZ timing belt?

i tried the search function o nthis site but doesnt seem to work all that great.

is this the oem toyota part number for 1JZ timing belt?

13568-49025 Timing Belt

toyoDIY.com list 2 numbers, that one and 13568-49065. not sure which one is correct. probably both.

2jz has a taller block, so the belt won't work.

driftmotion has them if you have a hard time finding one (won't be easy in our end of the world)

it the same as an isuzu trooper 1994 iirc. 4.6L I-4 timing belt. 4ZE1 or 4ZEL motor

i saw the isuzu while searching for it but not sure i trust it....id rather go oem for reassurance even though im sure it would be fine.

weird i called local toyota dealer to see if they had it and how much and how long til i could get it.... to my surprise, the guy says its in stock and i can come by to pick it up.

don't trust it? 1jz is a non interference motor, who cares.

i know that but still..... i just feel more comfortable with as much oem stuff as possible....

don't trust it? 1jz is a non interference motor, who cares.

exactly.

also i thought it was the 1988 2.4l i4 trucks from isuzu. they are liek 30 bucks at parts places.

slap on and go have fun

weird i called local toyota dealer to see if they had it and how much and how long til i could get it.... to my surprise, the guy says its in stock and i can come by to pick it up.

which dealer? i might have to get one too.

Not that this affects me in any way, but how about someone actually posts a definitive answer to the Isuzu question, rather than just "well I heard it was this"... That shit doesn't do anyone any good.

definitive answer:

done. yes its $36 from pepboys for an isuzu 4ZE1 trooper 4.6L I-4 motor.

i know that but still..... i just feel more comfortable with as much oem stuff as possible....

ok i'll give you this one; if you have aftermarket cams you better have a good belt because the 1JZ has only enough relief in the piston for stock lift.

i saw the isuzu while searching for it but not sure i trust it....id rather go oem for reassurance even though im sure it would be fine.

Toyota is weird and awesome like that. The dealership near me had my JZ-r154 bellhousing in stock!

Toyota is weird and awesome like that. The dealership near me had my JZ-r154 bellhousing in stock!

what the shit

My timing belt looks fine. Since I'm doing the 2j cams and water pump should I do it anyways while it's apart?

My timing belt looks fine. Since I'm doing the 2j cams and water pump should I do it anyways while it's apart?

um yeah...

Same deal with my 20v 4AGE that I had in my AE86. The timing belt was the same as a Lada Samara.

(1JZ-GTE) yeah, the timing belt is for a 1988 Isuzu Trooper (4ZEL) 2.6L 4 cyl motor is the one you want ....

The timing belt has 147 teeth (like if you get a Gates belt, it will say T147 on the belt!).

should cost you about 30 bux, and is available from just about any auto parts store!

I just put a new timing belt on my new JZX90 motor I'm dropping into my Cressida so yeah it works fine!

And to add some more reassurance I'm also running the Isuzu belt on my 1J.

definitive answer:

done. yes its $36 from pepboys for an isuzu 4ZE1 trooper 4.6L I-4 motor.

did i really need to do that? yes it works. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

ok i'll give you this one; if you have aftermarket cams you better have a good belt because the 1JZ has only enough relief in the piston for stock lift.

can you elaborate more on this? Reason im asking is my timing belt tensioner gave out on the dyno on saturday and timing belt is all wonky. I have BC 264 cams. are you trying to say that it would be toast?

also after reading this thread, does it seam right? a 4.6L inline 4 motor? isnt that HUGE? also noticed further down it says 2.4L. Are they both the same timing belt?

Mats, the duration of the cams doesn't matter. It's the lift that matters. I would bet there's a little more valve relief than necessary for stock cams, but probably not a hell of a lot. If you jumped a tooth or 2 you might be fine, if you jumped a bunch of teeth and the lift of the new cams is too high you might have some bent valves. If everything is fine you might want to consider yourself lucky and get a new tensioner and a high-strength timing belt.

well besically the timing belt is as good as being off the car. The marking are like 15-45 teeth off. After calling BC they said they should have hit if my timing belt skipped gears. Does anyone have an easy way to see if the valves are bent? i do not have access to a leakdown tester. Any other way?

leakdown would be by far the easiest. anywhere you can purchase one on short notice? i mean you can shine a light and see if any light comes through between the valve and the head, but that would be pretty tough to do and see with the head attached to the block. and it doesn't tell you how well it's sealing either.