Sign in to follow this  
nycressida

marlin crawler r154 stuff

his thrust washer how much more power will this be good for. and what other parts does he make for the r154 that youd recommend to beef up the tranny? thanks.

i don't have any first count experience with any of the transmission internal parts unfortunately... but they make shifter bushing seats that are some kind of nylon or teflon material. i think they even have a brass replacement too. the nylon/teflon one is a bitch to install but offers nice effortless shifts. doesn't work without modifying the bushing if you plan to use it with a c's short shifter though. for the most part, a lot of their stuff is really nice. i know a lot of supra guys run their stuff in their supras

thrust washer is billit rather than cast metal so its stronger, the hd main bearing plate keeps the bearing in place rather then deflection, i got both in my trans havent tested it out though. r154 rebuild (new synchros and bearings) i got done with the above parts cost 200 bucks.

I put in the Marlin Crawler shifter bushing and shifter socket last night. World of difference. Super solid shifter feel, it actually feels better than the C's I had in the S13. Definitely a quality bang for the buck improvement.

I put in the Marlin Crawler shifter bushing and shifter socket last night. World of difference. Super solid shifter feel, it actually feels better than the C's I had in the S13. Definitely a quality bang for the buck improvement.

Yeah hows it drive?

I kid :)

i modified the bushing to fit in my w58.. shits pretty nice. been in there for about.... a year now. still feels like new.

i just got mine in the mail today so i'll leave some input for you guys after i get it installed hah

Sign in to follow this