Bubba

project: metal flake!!!

okay, so heres the deal for those that dont know. im building my 89 x8. ive had it for a little while, cruised it after fixing the bhg. then sold the motor, and decided to go 1uz/w58...

so. picked up this. 95 sc400

_MG_8081.jpg

_MG_8083.jpg

with the x8 engine bay kinda cleaned and what not. started pulling the sc harness and all that jazz.

_MG_8349.jpg

_MG_8337.jpg

stopped for a minute to pull my brothers 5m from his x6 (and throw it in the sc's trunk)

_MG_8312.jpg

_MG_8315.jpg

hes doing 1u aswell, heres his car...

_MG_8306.jpg

still sponsored by nasa...

i ordered my adaptor plate/lightweight flywheel from phil in new zealand (philip.bradshaw@nzdf.mil.nz) came in this week... and is amazing.

and... thats where im at now.

_MG_8276.jpg

_MG_8277.jpg

_MG_8279.jpg

annnd. theres a whole lot more to come. ill keep you guys posted. :mellow:

today...

_MG_8408.jpg

_MG_8411.jpg

hose eliminator=

_MG_8412.jpg

then...

_MG_8431.jpg

+

_MG_8417.jpg

and

_MG_8426.jpg

=

_MG_8432.jpg

_MG_8434.jpg

and

_MG_8436.jpg

ha ha

_MG_8446.jpg

Awesome! It'd be cool if you could somehow swap to the sc suspension. Do u have the front sump stuff as well?

yeah. actually thats the plan. im going to try to swap over the whole front suspension from the sc to the x. (so i dont need custom 1u/x8 mounts=bigger brakes and so on)

it really doesnt seem to be that hard... mostly cause i have a hacked up donor car. ha ha.

the crossmember from the sc is less than half an inch off from the x... so. we'll see how that goes. ill keep the pictures

coming for sure. oh yeah. and this is why i cut the car in half. for those of you who were wondering. i need more time and

space to measure all the what nots on the front half. -bubba

jacob stop giving people bad ideas, dude. a half inch may as well be a mile. stick with what youve got on the cressida. theres a reason why so many of us have kept the strut/spindle combo. keep it simple, stupid. maybe swap the brakes over if its not requiring adaptors. otherwise just get the swap itself done first. then long time down the line when youve got the ITB stacks pointing out the hood....then you can think about getting this sc400 bullshit on.

sooo. small update.

_MG_8528.jpg

i bought a garage!!!

_MG_8523.jpg

...and it came with a house!!! :blush:

and in the meantime i did this!

_MG_8526.jpg

_MG_8527.jpg

the cars not gonna stay white. so. i think itll look way better.

i did these and the corners for like $10... and now that im not working on my car in

the million degree weather, it should come along more swiftly. more pics soon!

You killed 2 lexus' to make one Cressida. Your awesome! ;)

just a tease...

14v0o7l.jpg

10cvq51.jpg

pics taken with my phone. will post more when i get them off my camera. and when theres more development.

wondering how this is looking now...

Looks like you're well on your way and ought to be able to handle it, but if you're seeking any guidence or need some ideas feel free to hit up me or Miles. He's running my old mounts and we've got all the problems figured out including exhaust, cooling system plumbing, and a few real easy tricks to wiring.

_MG_0413.jpg

slowly bus surely.... should have pics up in a week or so.

got the car back home yesterday.

_MG_0424.jpg

_MG_0433.jpg

_MG_0436.jpg

_MG_0440.jpg

_MG_0441.jpg

worthless jack ran into my rear windshield, while rolling the car into the car hole.