shane_lxi

my x7 daily

So, I traded my rb20 coupe away (the daily I hated to drive, lol)

So I picked this up on wednesday along with a turbo mk3 supra. I'll pick the supra clean, and drive this until my ka-t coupe gets running, lol. Then I'll be dropping the 7mgte into this. Can't wait to start blowing headgaskets!! The car itself is super clean and straight, but the seats are kinda shit. The rest of the interior is good though, so I can put up with it for now...

Anyway, factory 5spd/lsd so that's a plus! Here's some pics...

Cressida006.jpg

Cressida010.jpg

Picked these up a while back for $100 off a t-bird. Did alot of polishing on them and they look okay. Trying to get some better offsets, but they'll do for now. 16x8 +10, meh. Painting them on sunday. Cant decide on a color.

almostdonewheels.jpg

And I cut the springs yesterday, getting a new suspension but I didnt want to run 4x4 until then. Ordered a set of susp. tech. mkII springs, and getting my friend's agx's pretty soon off his ae86. Going to prolly cut the new springs a bit too when I install them. I want the front to be about the same as it is now, maybe a bit lower, and I want to raise the back up just a bit, about to half tire I think. Anyway, went overboard with the spring chop, but somehow it doesnt ride terrible, lol.

firstlowered1.jpg

firstlowered2.jpg

Sorry for the cell phone pic, only one I have in the light :P. Looks super high in the front end because of the gravel parking at work :P.

cressidaatwork.jpg

It's a 5m, you don't have to worry so much about blowing headgaskets like you do a 7m. I'd take a 5 over a 7 anyday! Mine had 250 on it before it gave out and that's because I did'nt care about changing oil. I drove it for a year, put 30k on it and changed the oil twice, just added when it burned off, but 2 runs out at the track with the 7m, topped off with oil, and rod knock city!

putting a 7mgte in though, lol. Then I have to worry a bit more. That supra parked next to my x7 is a donor.

i absolutely love telling MKIII supra guys their cars are simply part storage boxes for cressidas.

btw, looks good! :thumbsup:'s for the factory 5-speed find.

Guest Push

did you cut the springs and get rid of TEMS? Man I envy you... Factory 5-speed x7... I wish I had one again... That car looks exactly the same as my buddies 86' 5-speed maroon cressida. bastards...

I cut them and left the tems selectors on the struts, but I dont know how much good they are doing, lol.

Might be getting some new wheels for it soon, but I dont know if I want to go to 14". Plus they are 4x120, so I'd have to run adapters, so I dont know, still thinking it over.

Guy wants to trade me straight across with 1" 4x114.3 to 120 adapters without tires. What do you guys think? 14x7.5 -5...

RacingHart.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^

no way jose

u could buy my COOL 14s for 1300US 14x8 -14 and 14x8.5 -7

pair of equip 01s and ssr mkIII, ssrs have tires on them, st115s with good solid tread

no cash, or I definately would. I dont think I am going to trade that guy anyway, not even the proper bolt pattern :P.

t3/t4, 550's, n62, and emance ecu tune. I've got a build thread here if you want to see it. It's kind of been a huge pain in my ass since I started it, lol.

So, got some jdm aw11 seats I might be throwing in this. They're grey though, I'd like to find some red leather coffin seats if I can, but the aw11 seats will work for now I suppose. My springs are here, but I am going to wait until I get my agx's to put them in, dont want to do it twice, and it rides well for what I am using it for right now. More updates when more shit get's done, lol.

First lowered X7 that I like.

Watu expect from an owner of a 4Runner that drives a big rig that stands 13' 6"?

lol i love the stance on this i'm hopefully picking up a x7 here in a bit but have to sell the x6 first

so in case you do want to sell those wheels keep me in mind haha

not planning on it, I think I am going to hold onto them. Nobody wants to trade me anything good, and I'd rather not settle for sportmax or rota, so I'll stick with these for a while :D.

Took some more pics today after waxing it. Still no major updates, but some sexier pics for my build thread atleast!

cressand240.jpg

wax4.jpg

wax3.jpg

wax2.jpg

wax5.jpg

wax1.jpg

Thanks guys! I kind of lucked out to find such a clean x7. Got an old nardi woodgrain coming too. My dumbass friend needs to put his suspension in so I can get my agx's from him. I'm tired of bouncing this thing all over the place. Thank god for bumpstops...

Lookin' sexy as fuck, Shane. Can't wait to drop my wagon. Got the Epsilons mounted up finally, need to wash her up and take some pictures.

super nice daily, that color turned out to be insta-thug! looks awesome.

Just got a few little interior pieces. Be jealous, I got the nardi wheel for free from a friend. He got it in a front cut, and thought it looked stupid, so gave it to me, lol. I had to relaquer it, but it looks good! Looks like an old one too!

interiorstuff.jpg

interiorwheel.jpg

interiorshifter.jpg