mikes02ls1 pass

NAME: Michel Allen

USERNAME:mikes02ls1

EMAIL ADDY:mikes02ls1@yahoo.com

CURRENT AUTO FLEET including pictures:volvo081qm5.th.jpg

volvo082nc6.th.jpg

volvo083kw2.th.jpg

volvo084kr1.th.jpg

PICTURE OF GIRLFRIEND: No girlfriend I am married.

PREVIOUS AUTO EXPERIENCE: Honda tech for 4 years, KIA tech for 1 year

WHY YOU WANT TO BE A MEMBER: Well just picked up my new project 89 Cressida. I have a five plan for her from dropping a 2jz,Titan 272/272 cams,76mm turbo,3.5 SS exhaust, built A304 tranny,TRD LSD rear,Phat interior, new paint, JDM bumpers, Megan racing coilovers. All this to make me +600rwhp. I had a 11 second z28, 92 Volvo 940 built with MS, clean 00 EBP Civic Si, and a 91 B16 swapped civic si hatch. Spent soo much money on all these cars I could have put a good chunk of money on a house. I am on many forums from LS1Tech,Streetcarforums,Turbobricks,ImportAtlanta,Importlounge,Toyotacressida.ne

t,GAFBA,AZFBA,Fuelslut.net,Supraforums. I've been cars since I was 8 years old in California. I come a family of gearheads, my grandfather had a 7 second vega, my father a high horsepower built camaro.

VOUCHES FROM CURRENT MEMBERS: Non yet, not sure if there is anyone from GA on JZXProject. I am a knowledgeable guy who LOVES anything fast, and I have to go faster than my 11.86@121 in my Z28.

Doesn't know anyone, no pics of wife, previous auto experience includes honda tech, "I am on many forums". Not this one buddy, FAIL!

Show me some pics/vids of you doing work in the garage or at the track.

-Matt-Panic!

mybabyaq1.th.jpg

This one is back in 04 when I just got my cam put in. Trying to dial it in... Track was Silver Dollar.

This was at Commerce Nov of 04 was trying to hit a 11 second pass. Got a 11.98@118 but they didn't get that one on tape.

That is my fat ass in the beging, I had black firebird wheels with ET streets. Pay attention to my car and you will see my get a little air.

Fail... 5 yr sleeper project to surprise all his rolling start buddies. I don't forsee anything exciting coming from him.

If uur reading this, u can find all the info ull need on tc.net supramania and supraforums... Gluck

Doesn't know anyone, no pics of wife, previous auto experience includes honda tech, "I am on many forums". Not this one buddy, FAIL!

-Matt-Panic!

agreed. FAIL

Man you guys are harsh... I wish I had mad money were I can finish my project in a year, but I don't. I'm sorry if I'm not a drifter, thats not my thing. Drag racing is what get my heart racing. I think I would a be a value to the board, but if you feel like I am not then thats cool. I say pass me you guys have a ton of info the TC.net don't have, plus there are more folks involved in the scene, and not have their head up their ass...

this isnt a drifting/dragracing/autocross/roadrace specific board. this is an X-chasis enthusiast board. our members have a ton of varried automotive interests and aspirations from the fastest cressida in the world, to 2 proam level drifters, to an SR swap for optimum weight ballance, to collecting every piece of shit cressida known to man. "it was only $200...."

ive got a cressida. i love drifting. drag racing always felt more like gambling. my cressida isnt built for drag. its not built for drift. its built for stuntin, lookin good, and being fast, and it barely does any of that. my 240 is the race car and built to that purpose.

sell some shit, the firechicken, first born, wife maybe (unless shes a *great* cook/lay/mechanic/mechanics helper).

speaking from experience, planning for a 5 year project, it will likely never come to fruition. youll get bored/run out of money, the progress will stall, youll lose interest and sell. most likely at a decent loss. read thru the board some more. look at old forsale posts and see how many of us threatened to sell. i know i have on more than one occasion. how many DID sell. how many stuck around. how many are back after selling.

for a cressida to get set up for a successful build, the RUNNING 7m has GOT to come out of it immediatly and it needs to be replaced with a reliable and running motor. it needs to be running on the new motor within 3 months. this is giving me an idea for a thread....

anyway enough of my soap box. the "harsh" is for a reason. if you think this is harsh you havent spent enough time on the jzxp

Man you guys are harsh... I wish I had mad money were I can finish my project in a year, but I don't. I'm sorry if I'm not a drifter, thats not my thing. Drag racing is what get my heart racing. I think I would a be a value to the board, but if you feel like I am not then thats cool. I say pass me you guys have a ton of info the TC.net don't have, plus there are more folks involved in the scene, and not have their head up their ass...

this isnt a drifting/dragracing/autocross/roadrace specific board. this is an X-chasis enthusiast board. our members have a ton of varried automotive interests and aspirations from the fastest cressida in the world, to 2 proam level drifters, to an SR swap for optimum weight ballance, to collecting every piece of shit cressida known to man. "it was only $200...."

ive got a cressida. i love drifting. drag racing always felt more like gambling. my cressida isnt built for drag. its not built for drift. its built for stuntin, lookin good, and being fast, and it barely does any of that. my 240 is the race car and built to that purpose.

sell some shit, the firechicken, first born, wife maybe (unless shes a *great* cook/lay/mechanic/mechanics helper).

speaking from experience, planning for a 5 year project, it will likely never come to fruition. youll get bored/run out of money, the progress will stall, youll lose interest and sell. most likely at a decent loss. read thru the board some more. look at old forsale posts and see how many of us threatened to sell. i know i have on more than one occasion. how many DID sell. how many stuck around. how many are back after selling.

for a cressida to get set up for a successful build, the RUNNING 7m has GOT to come out of it immediatly and it needs to be replaced with a reliable and running motor. it needs to be running on the new motor within 3 months. this is giving me an idea for a thread....

anyway enough of my soap box. the "harsh" is for a reason. if you think this is harsh you havent spent enough time on the jzxp

Well said. X8's can be hell.The drive to build one has to be there. I have sold everything even the chassis.Got the chassis back within six months and started again. On my third motor to go in. Second set of coilovers.

Had the chassis since 2005. And I'm just now at the point that it might run at the end of the month.I've been building cars since 99.Never give up never surrender.

To build one of these it takes alot more than building a s chassis.

It takes serious love for the x chassis to be on jzxp.

I say let him in. He has REAL automotive history and from what I can tell, solid builds under his belt. Had a motherfucking brick running on MS that's awesome! Drag racers are a different sort than most of us and can have fresh ideas. I've known lots of guys like this and they are good to have around. Personally I'd love to shoot the shit about kias (which are oddly enough, fun to work on) and vega's (which I love).

PASS.

Given his circumstances it's awesome he'll even attempt. Dude I can't afford to finish my car in a year either. Don't hate because of long term plan.

Not all of us a re rich or live with mommy and daddy.

again, PASS

-Matt-Panic!

wow, i love you reply haha. +1 for fail.

fenced - mainly because he got so but hurt after a few fails

I really do not chime in on these apps as I feel like if I was ever put up on the chopping block you all might kick me out because I lack a lot of the basic skills you all have in the DIY. However I was never afraid to search and use as much E-knowledge I could find before I posed a question or considered a swap. With that said I think Mike has a long way to go in terms of finding out what he can on his own without feeling that by joining these forums he will have the end all to all of his many answers. With that said I think he fails. He fails in the fact that he believes these forums will answer all his questions. Plenty of amazing forums out there with great FAQ's on the very thing he is doing.

Also I have never heard of him and from what other forums tell me his car is a Volvo?

pass. i mean hes into cars, has a cress, just because drifting is not his thing dont hate other cressie owners. just my .02 worth

fenced if he's gonna build and take his time then do it but too long is too much