Zale

X90 DOT Headlights?

Hey guys, just picked up my X90 from Japan and I am wondering if there was ever an AUS version or A/M version of the 90 headlight that was DOT approved? I need to have an inspection done on the car so that it's legal and Id rather not have to invest time to try and modify other headlights to work/fit. Any and all help would be appreciated!

im pretty sure its URAS that makes clear glass covers for it but not sure if its DOT. why not stick the stock ones in until you pass inspection?

Find someone who will fudge the inspection, or find someone who will do a legitimate inspection but wont be a fucking douche about DOT bullshit. If the headlights can be aligned, they should fucking pass. DOT can suck my left nut.

Find someone who will fudge the inspection, or find someone who will do a legitimate inspection but wont be a fucking douche about DOT bullshit. If the headlights can be aligned, they should fucking pass. DOT can suck my left nut.

Agreed.

im pretty sure its URAS that makes clear glass covers for it but not sure if its DOT. why not stick the stock ones in until you pass inspection?

Stock ones arent DOT... atleast mine arent. Im trying to find someone to fudge the inspection but it's proving harder than expected. I want to get this inspection done!

when i do inspections etc for out of province at my shop ive never actually looked into anything being dot approved.. but i guess out of province isn't the same as a government out of country inspection. ive done rebuild title inspections to and like box 2 VI's. i have yet to look into things for being dot.. if it has headlights and side markers. everything is safe and in good working condition it gets a pass from my shop

here is an option:

http://ntl.bts.gov/faq/dotapproval.html

It's a US link, I couldn't find any Canadian equivalent. Might be worth it to find out what it would cost/take to just get the JZX90 headlights tested and approved.

There are thousands of new products each year that are DOT approved from Chinese made helmets to shitty part store headlight bulbs. It can't be that hard or expensive to do...