Eggman

X7 fitment: pics, tips, advice and all that

Jr. Dip-shit !

Do a fucking intro.

God what a gay retarded idiot.......

yes yes i know, but i was singling out how i wanted wheel fitment to be. everyone loves stretching tires and low profile now days it seems. that shit is for queers

Guess I wouldn't go that far, but I do like a tire that fits the rim.

what do you know about being queer gordo. tire stretching and supper low profile tires are queer.

OK panda, just what did you do ?

Show us you leaker.........

Some OEM+ Shocks off a 96 Nissan pickup in the rear which are about 13" fully extended compared to the 19 3/4ish" OEM wagon shocks. My hopes that the new shocks would be closer to the correct length for the height of the car but they are actually a little to short and preload the rear springs a bit.

I also did a very slight pull on the rear arches, but I really need to swap the 205s in the rear for 195s or 185s.

Since that other guy from hawaii made probably one of the worst posts I've ever seen here. Ill TRY to post some good shit.

15x9-3 all around with 205/50/15

t3 camber plate maxed out negative in the front

shitty rear trailing arm camber in the rear

rolled and pulled front and back. nothing too crazy.

pictures are from 4 years ago.

also, thanks Panda for posting that. I shipped in a wagon from sacramento and I can't wait to start working on it.

last.jpg

saywhat.jpg

Pictures from 4 years ago ??

What, mommy has had her camera locked up since she found you taking selfies while fucking her poodle ?

how did you get it that low and not such negative camber on the back end? the trailing arm adjustment doesn't do that much on mine, is it because you have negative offset?

nah the wider you go the less negative you will get im pretty sure.

that poor car now... hahaha

you should have let me buy that wagon!

nah the wider you go the less negative you will get im pretty sure.

Not how that works. The camber will remain the same regardless of the width of the rim/tire

if you change the offset drastically you would effectively change the geometry needed to maintain the same level of height....but just width changes shouldn't really make much difference...then again, I haven't taken geometry in years...and i have no idea the extent of effect this would have within the realm of reasonable offsets...

i know i have pretty reasonable offset. maybe plus 18 at most on the back. my camber is pretty far out, very noticeable. i don't know if his 15x9s with -8 camber are what is doing the trick but his camber doesn't look all that bad from the photos. i had to assume that it was in fact the width and offset that help with the camber.

15x8 -30 all around 195/50/15 all around lots of fender work

mine875springs_zps220412b4.jpg

some front fender hammering after i did the x8 control arm and all my steering b/s

minefender_zps5e1c8a54.jpg

i had to assume that it was in fact the width and offset that help with the camber.

Soooooo... you made an assumption and then made it a fact?

Let me draw this out for you in crayon...

If your hub... without a wheel on it... has 3 degrees of negative camber with the car's weight on the suspension. It's not going to make any difference whether you put on a 6" wide wheel or a 10" wide wheel. The lip of the rim is parallel with the hub.