Eggman

X7 fitment: pics, tips, advice and all that

For X7, front 15X9 (-10) and rear 15X9 (-15) offset. Is it going to work without a major modification? And what will be good tire size option? Please advise...

Pounding on the strut? Are you fucking joking? Do you understand why tubing is strong? Because its round... Adding "space" compromises the structural integrity of the strut tube.

Leon, why not a wider tire on the 17x10s, I'm running 17x7 +35 all around with 25mm spacers (I know, weak size, but they were cheap as hell) and 215/45/17 front and 225/45/17 rear.

Because my car is so slow, and it takes 90psi worth of tire pressure to keep 225s spinning ;)

That said, I just mounted some 245/40/17s JUST THIS MORNING on there because I got a crackhead deal on some.

Guest Bunn

someone say "hammers" ?!? -22 offset on my old x7 MAAAAD fender pulling banging beating and flogging to fit

cressy001-1.jpg

cressy082.jpg

I replaced my shit cut springs w/ the t3 kit and tophats. I did what most of the 86 guys do and shorten that shit up 40mm. The car can go as low as I want but I had to put on 1/4inch spacers for the wheel to clear the sleeve and spring. Even with an inch left to adjust down the sleeve it's stupid low, so I'm going to bring it back up a bit before I start driving it again.

cres4.jpg

Ignore the rear end, it is jacked up a bit because I still have to rework the rear suspension.

cres1.jpg

how do you guys deal with scraping after lowering? my frame under is getting fckd from all the speed bumps and im not even that lowtumblr_my7eabiKt11r2te3do1_1280.jpg

don't lower your car? drive better? sell low car? some of those plastic rails that used to come on the sides of cheap skateboards.

jr-desu, where the fuck is your intro ?

Stop being a retarded little child, and make one, by the rules, before all hell comes down on you.

well sorry about that but yeah im from Hawaii well Oahu. r154 trans, Resurfaced flywheel, Mk3 front half shaft, Mk2 supra diff, T3 front coilovers 8k springs, T3 RCAs, Eibach 10k springs rear, T3 camber plates. I bought it a few months ago with those on it so far i only got around to buying my 15x9 varrstoens with 1 inch spacers. Im currently saving for my 2jz ge swap for now then when i do have the funds ill go NA-T

God, what a fucking dumb ass..........

That isn't an intro !

Now, go get your mommy, and have her look at this forum.

She no doubt will find the part about how to do a real intro.

Then she will spank your ass for being on a fucking adult sight.

what are you guys running for tires? i got 15x7 and 7.5 in the back curious if you guys messed around with widest tire size for that. i was thinking like 215/50s in front and 235/60 out back not to sure on how that will look.

235s on 7.5" rims will make for a lot of sidewall flex, and make the car squirm in long corners.

I had 255s on 16 x 8s, so I had less sidewall hight, and it was a bit funny feeling.

Switched ro 225s, and it was much more stable.

But maybe you don't ever drive over the speed limit, so what ever floats your boat.

(floating boat perfectly discribes too wide of a tire on too narrow of rim on a boat like a Cressida)

so by that standard would a 215 be to wide for the front? so how about 205/50 in the front and 225/50 for the rear

I wouldn't think so 215/225 is 10mm, so a 1/2" in rim width is about right.

alright 215/225 it is.

thanks gordo, you are 100% of the time absolutely useless 90% of the time

damn dude, how you be driving, pretty sure my x7 is a little lower and i dont scrape excessively

btw i run a 195/50 on my 8 wides anda 205/50 on my 9 wides

also its probably all scrabed because the owner 2 owners ago used to have it like 8 times lower

are you talking to me or the other guy?

because i avoid speed bumps like the plague and my suspension has like no travel. I will drag every now and then

thats my setup up now 195/50 on a 7inch wheel and 205/50 on a 7.5 i don't like the look of it, plus factory recommended tire size is 205 anyways, so its a bit narrow in the front i can feel it pushing on hard corners and the rear doesnt grip as much as i would have hoped.

other guy then you, what tire you running, my achillies are pretty grippy haha