7MX63

MX63 7MGTE swap

Hey, hey, hey, don't knock AutoZone. It's not our fault the intelligence at your local autoparts store is low.

Haha;

I should just order my stuff through you then.

I've ordered a few throttle body gaskets, and each one of them has the opening far to small for the size throttle body. the bolt holes line up, and the outside dimensions are correct, but the inner diameter is waaaaaay off.

I don't wanna get a $20 dealer part that is $2 at Autozone.

you sissy. mark the gasket where its too big and cut it. scissors, x-acto, grinding wheel....whatever...everything else works. get it done

60683 is the part number. Too bad I don't work at the store you went to, I would have gotten the thing for free, 1.69 is so easy to make disapear. Shit i get free oil and filters for oil changes by cheating the system. I also, make prices whatever I want (Sorry for the boasting, i just love my power; just got to get a job withh toyota to get their shit cheap)

Also, Projexxx is right, alot of throttle body gaskets are made where you have to cut the inner part. I was told it is like that to make sure someone has a good fit since throttle bodies can be modified to make bigger and stuff like that.

good-luck

Buy something cheap, then cut and modify the shit to work for you. It never can be bought quite how you need it.

Am I talking about the Cressida or the gasket? Damn it.

N.O. Drifter:

I still need some other gaskets and sensors; any help there?

list what u need, and since it is for a 7mgte just try and tell me for what year the engine is, from what i've heard some sensors are different.

I work today and if i get the list at lunch I can have prices really cheap by the end of today around 7pm here in central land.

Shit yes.

it's a '92 gray plug motor.

I need an ISC gasket, all the sensors on the water pump housing/thermostat thing and an O2 sensor.

If I can remember anyting else I'll list it later.

o2, and temp sensor are at my store so they should be in your store.

They are 37 fo o2 and 27 for temp, that is pretty cheap already, after me buying it and then shipping it would end up costing you the same, probably.

the isc gasket is probably a dealer item or you can get it in a head gasket set wich is like 66 bucks.

also the BVSV on the therm housing is going to be a dealer item probably. I will check the computers again tonight. But if it is broken just go to a junk yard and get one from a 7m and maybe a 5m Over here the junkyard 1 mile from my house has a 87, 90, and 83 cressida here withh pretty good body panels and stuff inside, cressida parts are easy to come by here. But anyway just chekc junkyard.

If you ever have any other things, just call me at 504-908-9606.

Small update:

After much measuring, fitting, finessing and "persuasion" withh a rubber mallet; my original charge pipe will not work (headlight clearance). I needed to rework which was the inlet/outlet side. Upon further examination, I initially created something that made creating the second pipe near impossible withh the bends.

This new design seems a lot better. At least in thoery; but in theory Communsim works. Eh.

DSC08071.jpg

I also picked up these cool Chaser badges on eBay. I don't know what I'll do withh them since I only have two. My first thought was a) steering wheel emblem worked into the aftermarket wheel or B) front quarter side emblems. I may not even use them at all. I just wanted them to be JDM Tyte.

DSC08078.jpg

DSC08082.jpg

Did a bit of work on the IC pipes. I need to cut out the opening in the body a bit more to accomodate both pipes side by side. This is probably the largest roadblock besides wiring that is holding me up.

DSC08098.jpg

DSC08099.jpg

DSC08100.jpg

Finally!

I took a gamble after looking at my options, and I ordered a whole bunch of different silicone fittings. Luckily it looks like I guess right and I managed to make everything fit withhout touching the air intake.

It's still a little tight fitting for my taste, but it appears as though it will work ok.

Does the 7M move a lot under on/off acceleration? My motor mounts are in good shape, I'm just wondering how much room for error I really have.

Also I reused the windshield washer bottle bracket to mount the oil catch can. It came out pretty neat.

I love having a welder and a chop saw! hahaha

DSC08565.jpg

DSC08573.jpg

DSC08584.jpg

i like how you're innovative withh what you've got, don't blame me if i copy the catch can idea!! i love the kink-less intake piping as well!!

i like how you're innovative withh what you've got, don't blame me if i copy the catch can idea!! i love the kink-less intake piping as well!!

Thanks Ray. Here's a slightly different angle of the catch can. When I take it off to paint it I'll take a better picture of it.

I think the IC piping came out well for my first time. We'll see what the dyno says, haha.

I finally got my remote oil filter mounted. I decided to put it on the driver side since it will allow that much more oil in the system, and it gives it more time to cool down if it's running hot. I may install an oil temperature thermostat also.

I managed to use it in the location where the air conditioning lines run through the core support; the filter sits near where the battery did when in the stock location. Made a little bracket for support that follows the shape of the unit and tightened it down withh factory hardware.

Here are the gauges I'm using as well. I like them, they have that 80's period tuner look to them. Plus they're pretty discreet looking. I got a full set too, speedo, tach, fuel level, oil temp, oil pres, air/fuel, boost and water temp. I think I may get an EGT later on.

DSC08587.jpg

DSC08597.jpg

DSC08599.jpg

DSC08582-1.jpg

Ok, couple quick updates.

Been getting lot's of little crap done. Hoses, oil line routing, new sensors, etc.

Found out Toyota doesn't offer the fuel level sending unit anymore, which is splendid. Couldn't find it at Autozone or Checker either. I needed it to find out what the ohm range is to get an aftermarket fuel level gauge; and it's not like any of YOU guys have an MX63 ;). I did just get my $2,500 tax refund though. So I think it's time for a fuel cell. hehehe...

I had bought a 255lph Walbro fuel pump a while back, but unfortunately mine isn't an in-tank pump. I should've checked but oh well.

Summit brand battery boxes suck so bad it isn't even funny. Don't buy them.

I need some hood pins withh locks too.

I'm going to redo my exhaust withh vband flanges since they are way nicer than the three-bolt flanges I had. I need a stainless flex pipe too.

Lot's of little junk

After I get this sensor and battery in though, I can start wiring it. Boo ya!

Beauty can be many things.

Sometimes it's an RCI 15 gallon aluminum fuel cell.

Goodbye spare tire!

DSC00235.jpg

Yay I'm not the only guy modding an mx63!

What are you running as far as suspension? My rear struts are out and I dont want to just get simple replacements (not like I was able to find those either).

Yay I'm not the only guy modding an mx63!

What are you running as far as suspension? My rear struts are out and I dont want to just get simple replacements (not like I was able to find those either).

Companies like Tein make generic replacement springs. You could simply measure the length, width and spring diameter in order to find similar/replacement springs.

My project hasn't gotten to the suspension stage yet; though I expect it to get wildly out of control and expensive if the rest of the project has been any teacher.

What about rear shock and struts? I saw some tokicos recently that said they'd fit a 1983-1988 cressida but I thought the suspension changed from 84' to 85'.