7MX63

MX63 7MGTE swap

Guest Push

Car looks awesome! Can't wait to see it running! I bet your going to have Brian wanting to do up another Cressida!

I got some spare tires mounted to my wheels to check clearance and see how the car looks. I think it looks pretty good; the rear sits ok, and the front looks like I am going to have to roll the fender slightly.

The sidewall on these tires bows a lot; I'm sure that different tires probably won't do it as much.

Tires are 205/60/15.

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

it's for the next installment of Initial D series when takumi has kids and moves up to a sedan 8)

Now that Fast and the Furious is going to make drifting all stupid popular, I don't want any kids out buying cars like mine.

I'm gonna tell them it's a 4 door Corolla. Ha!

Looks good man, I would run 215/50s though... unless you want a stretch, a 215 would fill the wheel wells perfectly.

So... what are you gonna be doing for suspension? What about boost levels?

Looks good man, I would run 215/50s though... unless you want a stretch, a 215 would fill the wheel wells perfectly.

Tires: I'm not set on tire size yet. I think 205/60's look ok; but my roommate keeps telling me to get some 205/50 azenis. I think a 50 series looks too small in the wheel well in my opinion. I was thinking about getting some 205/60/15 Yokohama AVS ES100's. Tirerack has them for $81 a piece, and it seems like a decent tire.

Suspension: hand made. all of it except the addco sway-bars I'm going to order. I am going to cut the stock control arms where they mount to the crossmember and add some beefy heim joints. I was looking into using s13 spindles, that way I can convert to a floating rotor and s13 struts.

Boost: Stock for now. I want to get the engine running in stock trim first, and get a good baseline pull on the dyno. I would *like* to push 250-300hp at the wheels; but anything over the stock 130hp 5M would be fine withh me.

Tires: I'm not set on tire size yet. I think 205/60's look ok; but my roommate keeps telling me to get some 205/50 azenis. I think a 50 series looks too small in the wheel well in my opinion. I was thinking about getting some 205/60/15 Yokohama AVS ES100's. Tirerack has them for $81 a piece, and it seems like a decent tire.

205/50/15 Dunlop Direzza. cheap on tirerack.com or tires.com awesome tire. If you go withh any other brand, go withh the falken rt-615.

205/50/15 Dunlop Direzza. cheap on tirerack.com or tires.com awesome tire. If you go withh any other brand, go withh the falken rt-615.

I saw those Direzza's they looked cool. My roomate has RT-615 on his Infiniti M30. He has the same size I would need, 205/50/15. They look cool, and price isn't bad. I was thinking that the difference in size would make the wheels and tires look too small in the wheel well.

you GOTTA run the 205/50's man. . if it looks too small in your wheelwells then your car is too high. .haha . . Serio though . you should run the 50 series. . Your car looks really good man. . i like where you're going and the progress so far is super dope. .

G

you GOTTA run the 205/50's man. . if it looks too small in your wheelwells then your car is too high. .haha . . Serio though . you should run the 50 series. . Your car looks really good man. . i like where you're going and the progress so far is super dope. .

G

Word.

Thanks G.

I am still tossing around which size tires I want; and I am starting to lean towards some 205/50/15s now. I just wish I had some I could mount to get an idea of what they look like first.

This weekend I am going to try and finish my exhaust. I have the sweetest apexi muffler; but in order to make it fit I will lose a part of my spare tire well. Enough that I can't carry a spare in it. Fuel cell!

haha

"Heaven hath no nirvana like that of a Miller MIG welder."

DSC01713.jpg

Ok, small update.

I bought some Dunlop Direzza 205/50/15's and they look killer.

My new side mission is to hide the spark plug wires (mostly because I hate the color) to give the motor a more finished look. I was telling Hydra that I like how 1JZ's look withh that vented center plate between the valve covers, so I am in the process of bending some out of steel to paint.

It really makes the motor look better, in my opinion. I was thinking about having some louvers/vents stamped in it to look more like a factory part (similar to 1JZ).

Here are some pics withh the cardboard mockups:

P1010016_3.jpg

Before:

P1010019_2.jpg

After (hopefully):

P1010005_5.jpg

i dont know how this affects plug wires in general, but ive got friends who`ve had problems with SRs and CAs coilpacks overheating because of the factory galley cover. its a heat sink. ive also heard that in reference to certain 1jz aftermarket covers. might want to go ahead and vent that right away.

I don't think/know if having a cover over the plug wires will matter; the coil packs I can understand though.

Marc - "I may/may not make a small cover for the coil packs. I would like to cover them, but that stock lawnmower looking piece HAD to go."

lol

get a coil pack cover front a stock supra and cherry it out . i think it look hot withh out the valley cover.

That's what I thought. I liked the cover, and the nifty chrome badge.

But, all it took was my roommate to say "I donno, it kinda looks like a piece of a lawnmower."

I looked at it and said "Shit, he's right. Damn it!"

So that's where I am now. All it took was that lil' comment to blast me outta the water. Damn it. I can't have some briggs & stratton looking thing on there.

:shock: he kinda got a point there.... still. cut it up enough to cover teh top of the coil. vent or raise the rear of the hood to help cooling !!

isnt this car done yet damnit!!!

o wait, mine isnt done yet either, fuck.

isnt this car done yet damnit!!!

That's what I'm saying!

hahaha.

Seriously though, I'm in the home stretch. Some of the small parts I am getting are a little pricey, so that is an issue.

Like you guys already know, I don't want a flashy or showy motor. I decided for my oil cooler and filter lines, I'm going to use Earl's Nylon braided high pressure line, which comes in black alonjg withh all black Earl's fittings.

Downside: fittings @ $20-30 each (black is only available as a heavy duty mil-spec finish), line: >$10 a foot.

Upside: it won't stand out and will look cleaner. I don't want some stupid red and blue fittings withh shiny hose taking the focus away from the motor.

It's almost done I swear to god.

Ok, small update.

I finally got the oil cooler mounting situated after scrapping 3 ideas and starting over. I made some nifty brackets withh my new bending brake, and then coated them withh that rubberizing compund made for tool handles to keep vibration down.

I also blacked out my oil cooler and intercooler, for the extra "WTF?" in someones rearview mirror. withh a black grill, black oil lines and black charge pipes this sucker is gonna disappear.

You see nuthin' comin' sucka!

DSC06682.jpg

DSC06654.jpg

yep, it's the attention to small details that make a car stand out :D

Ha! I make no claim to be a craftsman.

But I do appreciate the comments. I am going to try and do the other half of the intercooler piping this weekend.

As a side note, do NOT order gaskets from Autozone. Those stupid fucks keep ordering the wrong shit, and the ones I DID get weren't even close to factory!

Jerks.