7MX63

MX63 7MGTE swap

Sweet.

Got all my engine parts back from the machine shop. Now I just need to buy a clutch so the machine shop can balance the whole rotating assembly. I think I'm gonna get the SPEC Stage 3 clutch. A few Supra guys have told me they work really well. They're also pretty reasonable at less than $300.

I also sent out a bunch of parts to get powdercoated. I'm still hoping to get this running by the end of the year. I'll put pics up this weekend.

Here are some random pics I decided to throw up. I'm going to paint the block this weekend, and parts should be coming back from the powdercoater on Friday.

P1010004_1.jpg

PA150012.jpg

PA150004.jpg

PA180001.jpg

PA180002.jpg

let me know how that clutch works out because i am going to need one soon. where did you get yours??

Painted the engine block today...

Passenger side before:

PA220004.jpg

Passenger side after:

PA220012.jpg

Driver side before:

PA220006.jpg

Driver side after:

PA220011.jpg

wOOt!

So far I get the turbo back on Friday, have the short block built up, I got all the nuts and bolts back from plating, and the valve covers and 3000 pipe were finished being machined. All of my powder coated parts also came back.

All I need now is that damn metal head gasket to get here.

Finally started getting the motor together after buying a Cometic MHG.

side-down.jpg

top-down.jpg

passengers-side.jpg

I figure since I haven't seen anyone drop a 7M in an X6, I felt I needed to set the bar; hahaha.

Updates:

Almost ready to drop the motor in.

I've welded the seams in the engine compartment, which in turn made me repaint the compartment.

I am not happy withh the clutch hard line; so I'm going to make my own lines. The front brake lines also are a little excessive, I may bend new ones.

More pics soon.

New pics of the motor after dropping it in...

P10100233.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010014_2.jpg

i was guna say the same thing, it's hard to miss haha! your build up is coming along real nice, it's not even done... yet it looks so good already. love the choice of colors on the 7M, cleans everything up

which reminds me... i need to replace my temporary red vacuum hoses to black lol... :oops:

gl withh the project!

that is soo clean it's burning my eyes, nice work man.

Push: Yes, I am using the W58. I think I am going to find another one at the junkyard to have as a spare. Eventually I would like to get an R154, but that will be off in the future since I would like to get a lighter flywheel, and I would need a new clutch.

Hydra: I like the colors a lot, it mimics the 5M coloring. Although the turbo on the side is a little obvious, I wanted to try and keep a stock looking appearance. I also did the ignitor and injector resistor to match the look.

I really was trying to finish the car for the Toyotafest show in Long Beach, but I don't think it's going to make it.

motor and bay looks insane. come hang out in jersey once you get it done haha. i just have to see this car in person and maybe drive it as well.

Ha ha, I may need to work my way up for a trip to the EC. Maybe I'll start out withh a trip to Southern California first.

Here are some newer pics. I just built the downpipe tonight, and I should have some temporary tires mounted to the new rims to check offset by the end of the week.

Wheels are 15x7 Konig Rewinds withh 0 offset. I bought them from Techno Toy Tuning. two of the wheels were damaged in transit, which I need to email gabe about, but otherwise I love them.

Plus, I made a custom grill for the front.

DSC01613.jpg

DSC01604.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01580_2.jpg

DSC01576_2.jpg

DSC01575_2.jpg

sucks to hear about the wheels man.. hope everything works out ok withh gabe. can't wait to hear that thing fire up! have you got the wiring down yet?

I haven't done any wiring yet. I want to finish everything so that when I start splicing wires, I'll be able to fire it up and check if it works. I don't think I am going to be doing the wiring myself, I work withh an electrical engineer who said he can help me figure it out if I buy him some pizza and beer.

Items left to do:

-Exhaust after downpipe

-Intercooler piping

-Mount battery in trunk

-Oil cooler and filter relocation plumbing

-Install new fuel pump

-Misc gasket and oring replacement

-Final check of all fasteners for correct torque

-Wiring