Gseventythree

The shit you've NEVER seen. . JZ-ROD

im gonna go ahead and throw my gripe down.

ya ya ya i know everyone has their opinion of how this should look or that should look. im sure the owner wants to follow his "vision" too.

channeled tudors look best on the ground with a full height roof. plain and simple. no chop necessary.

HOWEVER if youre going to have a somewhat "rat" theme.....

you NEED to make use of 7m conrods as engine mounts. REQUIRED.

HOWEVER if youre going to have a somewhat "rat" theme.....

you NEED to make use of 7m conrods as engine mounts. REQUIRED.

Very good idea.

Initial goal is to get it mounted up, wired up and running. . . Later on the engine will get a BIG single withh huge funnel and a 5 inch Rig style dump maybe a foot long coming down withh a curved radiused tip. . and the wastegate dump will follow along the same lines and routing. . The intake mani will be the big plenum style (ebay) and the intercooler will sit on top of the transverse leafs and have BIG cast looking end tanks basically the outlet of the turbo will dump right into the one end tank and the other side will be facing upward/outwards withh a short 90 going straight into the throttle body. .

It will have LED's inside a vintage taillight. . The headlights are HUGE buckets (i dunno if they're stock but they're old as fuck) that we are retrofitting Bi-Xenons deep inside behind a clear smoked lens so you dont see them till they're on. They will also have the LED signal lights as well.

One thing doing that is DEFINATELY out of the norm and no doubt due to my HEAVY VIP influence. . . We are getting the ford 9 inch cambered 2 degrees and the front beam 3 degrees (im pushing for 3.5) . . You CANNOT have huge deep rims withhout camber. hahaha. .I cant wait till the "hot rod " guys see that. ..

The fuel system will be FULL aeromotive (maybe not right away) withh custom anodized AN fittings. . (alternatively fully polished AN fittings)

The main Theme going on withh the metalwork (brackets/mounts etc) is the truss/lightening hole look .. Like most everything will be drilled withh holes increasing or decreasing size.,withh lots of drilled gussets . . . If its thin enough, it will be dimple died. . The chassis and drivetrain will look somewhat look like the old altered dragsters withh everything drilled out but gussetted and way to thin. . the secondary theme is gold hardware. . The fasteners are all button head internal hex. .But basically they look like rivets from far away. . The tinwork inside will be held together withh said hardware looking like rivets but being more practical/servicable and modern

The body and color scheme will be pretty plain, just whatever color we pick. My vision is Brown, Black and Bling. .

Paper Bag Brown body and chassis withh handpainted SERIALNINE/AXIS METALWORKS graphics on the doors in black some minimal black pinstriping. . Black wrapped exhaust and black highlights (fittings/lines, wilwood brakes, wheels are black/polish etc. . . . Real basic. . simple but deadly detailed . . It will not be an in your face type shceme. . more like subtle and refined. . one where most people will be like whatev. .but anyone withh a discerning/refined taste or an experienced eye will notice all teh little things. .

The roof is wood. . and will be open. .

The shifter will be SICK. . .

I want to make a SERIALNINE Grill ornament. .

IT is our goal to get it into both Import AND hotrod Magazines.. (Difficult withh a limited budget. .)

Some of the shit i like and will influence this build. . VIPcars. Altered Dragsters ( http://www.wediditforlove.com/Pomona2006/web_0043.jpg , http://www.draglist.com/artman/uploads/dai...026_1_1_001.jpg , http://www.eurodragster.com/news/080442_1.jpg , http://www.eurodragster.com/news/080418_1.jpg , ) Choppers by http://detroitbros.com/777/ , http://www.walz-hardcore-cycles.com/englisch/index.html , http://www.salinasboys.com/projects.htm . . And the rest of the retarded shit that im into. . .

The rest is to be determined as we go along. . but I know EXACTLY how I want it to look when finished.. and its FUCKING CRAZY. .

G.

s9 door logo must include real gold leaf

REQUIRED!

there is gold leaf vinyl out there...but it wont look authentic.

hide the intake plenum inside a bullet/torpedo style plenum. hide the IC charge piping inside brake ducting so it just looks like youre getting cold air to the engine.

and hurry up. i saw pics nearly a year ago of a sled with a non running f20c on it.

Hey guys.. just some updates.. ill start with the pics. . NOW you can see where its goin . Fuck tradition. . We build it OUR way. .

Wheels are Work Varianza SCHWERT SC3's

-FR=20x9.5-35 (135mm lip) Step Rim 225/30-20

-RR=21x10.5-48 (148mm lip) Step Rim 255/30-21

img00070200903051916.jpg

img00065200903051907.jpg

img00064200903051907.jpg

YES it will have Camber. .

img00072200903051917.jpg

img00067200903051912.jpg

Pics are from my Blackberry Storm. Sorry for the lack of color contrast.

More to come..

AWESOME!!!!

i still want to build myself a rat rod or '50s caddy someday.

lol, the tacoma motor in my celica actualliy came out of a ford model t project this one dude had.

is that car gonna be painted a flat color? or goin with that old paintjob with rust look?

holy chit!

I just hope there isnt going to be a lot of billit on this car. I think it looks cheap.

The wheels are a good choice.... is this thing going to have fenders or no?

Ummmm NO there will be no fenders. . And no billet. . It will most likely be painted. . we're thinkin a pretty simple color . . nothing too fancy. . I wanna paint it tan. with black graphics (simple and old school. . its GOTTA say SERIALNINE on it and axis metalworks. ). . Everything on the car (components) will be black or bling.. . the engine will be blingin. . everything polished and black. . to match the rims. .The grill will also match the rims. . black painted with machined (polished) face. .. . It is not really a "rat-rod" simply has the setup of one vs a traditional "street rod" (think boyd coddington. . . ewww) Basically layed out, ultra low, wide as fuck, done G style. . It will have a look of no other street rod you've ever seen. . A little VIP style. . Driftcar style. . Crazy style.. etc. .. ..

It's getting a single turbo. . Same as my car. BW S360 not too big.. for wicked tire shredding street manners. . It doesn't need to go 180mph. . only burn rubber and sound cool. The exhaust will be about 2 feet of 4" piping, and 1.5 feet of 2" wastegate dump. .chromed, or wrapped black. . . right off the turbo down to the front of the door. . It will be loud. . . We're shooting to get the veilside style manifold as well. . as its much lower and our engine placement (height) was done around having a lower intake manifold. . The intercooler will be a fully custom 4" thick core that will fit within the grill in front of the rad. The end tanks will be cast looking and smoothly transitioning out of the sides of the grill. .

The chassis has been X-braced. . the tranny tunnel and floor supports are done.. the pedal box/firewall is finished. . the rear suspension is done. . but we are getting rid of our narrowed 9" cuz its way too narrow. . . so currently getting an explorer 8.8" whcih has discs and 31 spline posi. . .The front suspension/front frame is next. . we are getting rid of the split hairpins (the tubes running forward holding the front axle), and making a single 2" tube instead . . after putting the rims on.. the two pinner tubes looked weak and lame. . the stock length of the off the shelf piece is wrong anyways. .I also got rid of the transerse leaf (gay) and will run coilovers and a panhard rod on the front straight axle. We are also going to modify the axle/knuckles to get more steering angle. . cuz te stock angle of these ancient pieces is SERIOUSLY like 25-30 degrees max. .There is a requirement of SIDEWAYS pics with lots of smoke. so there needs to be more angle. <_< . .I am pushing to run STANCE miata coilovers. . as they fit our dimensions and damping criteria very closely. .

Thanks for the positive comments guys. . im glad you like the rims. . I was really excited about them because I think they are underrated and have a really unique look. . conservative yet strong (big concave face) and i KNEW they'd be perfect on this project. .

Stay tuned.. I will take more pics and update soon. .

G.

Lookin sweet G, glad to see ur still working on stuff. update us on the cressida as well, ur putting a kit on it aren't u?

yeeeahhhh. those rims look awesome...

are there any for sure plans to chop channel? section... or other awesomeness?

looks great!

yeeeahhhh. those rims look awesome...

are there any for sure plans to chop channel? section... or other awesomeness?

looks great!

The car is chopped 4.5 inches. . channeled 5 inches, and the chassis is Z'd 6 inches at the rear and has a suicide front end. . Ride height is 5 inches off the ground . . . There is NO PART of the car under this. . It has a flat bottom and is designed to scrape safely.

G.

Those wheels look great on it.

wow man, i like where this is going. now i can't sleep until i see more.

Wow! This is an absolutely nutty project! I love it! Im even more proud that it's coming out of Canada!

/Subscribed

So basically getting this rolling asap. . WE've been slacking on it. . . too busy building serialnine parts etc lol. .

Rear Sups is done and on the ground. . just need to finalize things and roll test it. . (yes on the street ) before we button everything up. ..

Front will be done by next week.. we will have this rolling asap.. .

As you can see we are using STANCE coilovers.. They will most likely be color changed. . Polished lockrings and spring perches etc. . Spring rates are 7/5K. . and on Miata Dampers. . (switched form front to rear. ) Rearend is Ford Explorer 8.8" 31 spline axles with posi and discs. .

A few REALLY shitty pics with my fuckberry. .

IMG00156-20091215-2045.jpg

IMG00153-20091215-2044.jpg

IMG00152-20091215-2043.jpg

MOCKUP. . .

IMG00151-20091215-2043.jpg

IMG00150-20091215-2042.jpg

IMG00149-20091215-2042.jpg

IMG00148-20091215-2038.jpg

IMG00147-20091215-2038.jpg

IMG00146-20091215-2038.jpg

IMG00159-20091215-2047.jpg

IMG00158-20091215-2046.jpg

IMG00157-20091215-2045.jpg

Hope you guys like it.. Sorry for the crappy pics. . Will get new camara ASAP. .

G.

i'm in love. can't wait to see this thing finished.

favorite pic

IMG00149-20091215-2042.jpg