Gseventythree

The shit you've NEVER seen. . JZ-ROD

Sooo. umm I havent posted much lately.. new job.. and not much time to do shit. . But most thursday's . . I'm busy working on a new project. . something i've always wanted to do. . Now i've gotten the opportunity to do so. . Basically let my creative juices run free and build something truly fuckin awesome. . . . I'll show you guys the before pics after. . (i dont have any right now. . ) but here we are so far. .. .

dscn2075fn1.jpg

dscn2076sq6.jpg

dscn2073ds7.jpg

dscn2069oi8.jpg

Now I know its not really a ratrod, and dont mind the temporary wheels. . .but it will have the look. . crazy low/chopped etc. . Still gotta section the grill somehow.. its gonna be a chore cuz its all stock metal. .. It's a 1930's chevy delivery truck grill (we think). .

It started out as some middle aged guy's "hot rod" had a crappy 4 link on the front. . and a decent one on the rear. . ford 9" out back. .(good shit) chevy 350/th400 powertrain . can you say BORING?!?!?!. . and malibu calipers/granada discs on the front. . top is chopped 4 inches or so.. brutal job by the way. .and its some custom box frame. . centerline auto drag wheels (YAWN). . . boring. . .

It looked pretty hurting sitting all high and shit. . the front 4 link was gay. . the body was sky fuckin high. . The owner (who is my machinist) didn't really know where to go withh it. . basically he wanted me to help him finish it the way it was. . I was down for the job but not really excited so say the least.. Did I mention it was FUCKING HIGH AS FUCK?!?!?

One day I brought in a rat rod type magazine. . and showed him some pics.. RIGHT AWAY he was like yeah man. . thats what i wanted to do!!! and i was like ya dude. . lets do it. . so it was decided .. ..ratrod look super fuckin low on the ground shit. . THEN I was like lets make it fuckin crazy. .. HUGE rims and a fuckin 2JZ withh a massive turbo hanging off the side and a 5 inch STRAIGHT dump out the side. .. FUCK YEAH. . . we was down. . . And it began. . when this is done guys.. you will be proud.. . the little details i'm gonna put into this project are gonna be awesome. .

So we got to it right away. . first thing was to revert the front suspension back to radius rod non 4 link. . Simply for coolness and simplicity. . the chassis HAS to be old school. . THEN we Z'ed the frame 6 inches and reinforced it. . Adjusting some of the mounting locations for the 4 link rear. We moved the rear axle inwards and the front axle forwards and the body forward 5 inches. . . basically altering the placement of everything so it sat right. . We channelled the body 4 inches so the bottom of the car is totally FLUSH chassis and body and oilpan etc. . Thats it for now. .

So here is the parts list so far. .

-2JZ-GTE w/ W58 (dunno came like that. .)

-Painless wiring harness.

-Wilwood reverse swing triple master cylinder withh remote reservoirs.

-RCI fuel cell.

-SECRET WORK wheels. 20x9.5-35 FR(135mm lip)/21x10.5-48 RR(148mm lip) Step Rim.

-Defi BF gauges

-Dimple die'ed Bonber seats. .

-Projector retrofitted old fuckin HUGE stocker lights. .

More to come guys. . hope you like it. .

G.

fuck that looks like loads o fun. I know it sounds corny, but, I'd run the 20/21's red and paint a whitewall on the tires. have not seen that yet.

my dad has an old 28 chevy confederate he wants to "modernize" and make into an everyday around-town wagon/delivery truck. my plans include making it look mostly restored and lowered on modern drivetrain, suspension, and the back of the confed body will open like a little van to a useful hauling room.

looks rad man, can't wait to see progress.

Interesting, I'm a big fan of rats. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

you sir are truley a gangster. i'm also into ratrods although i don't know as much as you guys do, i think they're hella cool. in this one magazine i was scoping out, i guess this dude shortened the body of his ratrod and when he would sit in it, his arm would hang out of the REAR window. none the less, dope shit.

fuck that looks like loads o fun. I know it sounds corny, but, I'd run the 20/21's red and paint a whitewall on the tires. have not seen that yet.

Dodge Ram apparently has a 20" steelie as a spare and the chrysler pacifica has a 17" spare. Could make an interesting 17/20 combo for someone.

Keep us updated G, this is way cool.

Glad you guys like it. . i'll keep this updated like every thurdayish. when i work on it. . I told the dudes at my work and showed them the pics.. holy fuck. . some were like WHAT THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT FOR?!?!? but some were like. .that could be fuckin cool..!!!

So ya. . gonna try to blow minds. . it's gonna be sick. .

G.

i fucken love it. and i hate it at the same time...

i think its pretty fucken badass , modern jap engine in a vintage rat rod .

but then again... a rat rod should have a engine thats just fucken raw. for example.... big block v8 , only thing electronic is to the starter and spark plugs.

but helll. i want to see the turbo you put on the side of that thing @!!!!!

yo g that shit gonna look crazy. im thinkin of doin up a rat rod when i finish school n shit. i can find the body anywhere n my boy said he woudl make my a custom chassis since he does custom minitrucks. but the 2j is jst fuckin sick. that shit would be hot for driftin. do it hardcore. n deff keep up posted

Its not technically a rat rod. . just rad rod style. . like the height and style of the rod. . but its all new parts mixed in. . some old ... some new.. its like if a japanese guy built a rat IN japan.. as opposed to all teh crazy rats you see IMPORTED into japan. ..

Details still have to be worked out. . but. . it'll be its own thing. . dont really wanna classify it as anything. .

call it the fuckin G-Rod. . lol

G.

cool project. but how are you gonna setup the intercooler?

probably going to take a standard 3 row and turn it vertical then do custom v-style end tanks so it fits inside the grill. well, that's what i'd do at least.

that's definitely something new, i like! i would just put a single on it and an aftermarket intake plenum and let the turbo inlet hang out the cowl withh a horn. stock turbos and intake crap kinda looks out of place otherwise

keep the pics coming!

ps rock some polished work meisters

How much you guys wanna bet that this things gonna be in a magazine.. :D

I love it. What would really set it off is a X83 dashboard..! jking

How much you guys wanna bet that this things gonna be in a magazine.. :D

I love it. What would really set it off is a X83 dashboard..! jking

how bout a stack cluster ahaha

you should actually use a header and put a single turbo under the body some where and then run the charge pipe back to the intercooler along the frame rail. The intercooler could be infront or behind the rad if there is room and then come right out to the intake from the top of the rad area. I think a header would make the motor look a little more old school. and run some of those msd coil things hiden somewhere so you can run sprak plugs to the top of the motor instead of the coil packs. that could make it kind of look like a straight 6 flat head motor.

Have the dude machine a one piece valve cover top that will bolt onto the top of both valve covers withh it finned on the top as well. make it loook like an old edelbrock flathead head.

All of that would really have some people scratching their heads.

I think a NA 2jz withh a chrome header, distributor and ITBs would fit the overall look a little better though.

Oh yea, had mother intercooler idea for u. Get one of those 7mgte style ic, withh in and out on the same side, mount it vertically long ways withh in/outlets pointed straight up. Or flop that shit straight on the top of the motor and make a scoop for it.

Dude, I must say stock twins always look like ass, but I can see the sexy single already ... Gonna be awesomeness. It's gonna have that crazy mario cart stance withh those rims. Btw pjs of the bomber seats please.

^ true. there are alternatives. even fuel coolers can do the job if you don't boost too much.

if you go withh an intercooler, i think exposed pipes would definitely set the car apart. dang g, why u got to build sick shit all the time