miles

My build....1UZ powered hahah

miles didn't you have a near death experience with a bicycle recently? wouldn't have been that one i saw you getting a wheel for the other day would it? haha i still want a ride in this thing dammit.

doood, sucks about your motor man, twere lookin good out there, woulda been some bomb footage if we'd tandemed.

but a 3.0L sure will spool up quick.

insane track though, huh? i can't wait to get back there.

so freaking much attrition though, blown motors and wrecked cars

and im never running 15's again, cept mabye at a gymkhana

ya man, it was a good time but i was having so much problems all day, first my whole entire ignition system died, i still dont know why, it just started working again randomly, then my alternator bolt kept loosening which eventually caused the cracked ringland because of loss of fuel pressure....and on top of that, during my qualifying runs my damn throttle cable misteriously popped off the bracket mid slide on the bank....bull shit if you ask me lol

1.5jz time!!

i just got back from my shop cleaning up the new motor haha >:]

Well, its official. My car is now 1.5jz powered.

had some minor quirks to work out but I got it all figured out.

If anyone ever does this, you have to use EVERYTHING from a 1j on the except the serp belt tensioner and the timing belt tensioner, they have different pivot angles on them and the 1jz stuff doesnt work with the different block height of the 2j. Other than that, everything went smoothly, sounds like a beast lol. I cant wait to see how it does on the dyno/behind the wheel. It built boost and spun the tires trying to pull it up on the trailer lmao

pics later!!

well i tried to dyno the thing and something kept going on with my timing....started breaking up really bad up around 6500, im not sure what it could be?

so i took off all my camangle/crank angle plugs, cleaned them out, re did some things with the coil wires and tried to fix some other little misc crap going on with it....hopefully i can actually get it done this time.....

coil packs are insulated and im running NGK BKR7E plugs gapped to 0.028 running 110 octane race gas and the motor has 235psi compression in each cylinder lol

well mine is breaking up at 5600 rpm due to the fact that my o2 sensor is open to the air from open y pipe that could be one of the problems just trying to help other then that car looks good

Car is now a UZX!!!! Fuck you bitches!

sorry guys!!

ive been really busy working on this car.

Its defiantly now powered by a UZ haha and its fucking rad!

I mean yea, it makes less power than my jz did, but jesus it is so much more useable power than the JZ. I mean, you step on the pedal and its like you released the craken lmao

whats better than putting it in 3rd and stepping on the throttle at about 2700rpm and it just ripping the tires off as soon as you get the pedal moving.....seriously, its unbelievable hahah

i'll post some pics tomorrow, its 3:50 am here and ive been up all night cutting my cage out and pulling out my chassis harness to make room for my new painless thats on the way >:]

heres some quick vids

The 1UZ sounds tough and that event looks like a blast. I am going to try and make it out to the next one. You should try to make it to the next Sebring event that track is fun as hell.