brian

Brian's Cressida

Brian when does the jz go in? I almost have my cressida going with your old motor lol, Ive been to damn lazy and been playing with the supra trying to get my antilag to work :P. hit me up there are a few things id like to talk to you about.

speaking of which...

jzx81 mounts, w58 w/w55 bell, stock jzx100 water pump with 7mge clutch fan. fits PERFECT!

motorin1.jpg

motorin2.jpg

motorin3.jpg

motorin4.jpg

motorin5.jpg

btw check out my shifter, wtf is it from? thats in neutral...

motorassembled.jpg

its either from a truck or its bent. i think i did that to a t50 shifter because i forgot to pull it out from the inside when i pulled the motor out of the car.

looks good. USDM was made for JZX100 motor. no bangin the firewall etc.

Damn, VVT-i 1jz looks alot better than twin turbo 1jz. Thats a MK3 shifter. I bent mine when i pulled it out of the car like that. I heated it up and bent it forward with a torch. didn't take more than a minute.

good stuff brian! looks like its coming along nicely. going to make it to t-fest?

and i think the reason why the 2jz and vvti jz engines look better is because the plastic isn't rough and tacky like the 1j covers... those are pretty much as plain as you can get and they look horrible painted unless it's sanded smooooth...

well i heated the shit out of the shifter and hammered it for an hour straight and i was only able to correct it by about 25-30 degrees. its usable now, but still truck-style angled. i'm not sure what metal your shifters were made of but this one was fucking retarded strong. oh well, i'll get something else later.

i got my driveshaft on friday from Slide my Ride but the damn snout is warped. the splines were flat and twisted along with the out side of the snout being melted and the metal folded on to itself. i've never seen this before, a ton of power must have been run through this thing...

not sure if i can get this thing fixed - i'll probably have to get another one.

good stuff chief. the vvti 1j looks like it belongs in there. might have to get one of these when my motor goes.

well i heated the shit out of the shifter and hammered it for an hour straight and i was only able to correct it by about 25-30 degrees. its usable now, but still truck-style angled. i'm not sure what metal your shifters were made of but this one was fucking retarded strong. oh well, i'll get something else later.

I have a spare shifter from my car, you can haves it.

hammering doesnt do a lot of good. just put a pipe on it and lay into it. leverage does more to bend than hammering does.

hammering doesnt do a lot of good. just put a pipe on it and lay into it. leverage does more to bend than hammering does.

Thats what she said ;)

sometimes i wonder how i even function. thanks.

mark i'll call you and we can meet up, i still have to give you that bell housing and release fork.

small update. nothing interesting, i've been really lazy.

anyway got the bumper painted, install the lip. Marc D is having my spindles welded for the coilovers so maybe my next post we will see the car on some decent wheels. then HOPEFULLY i'll have it running in the next few weeks, i've been slacking on the ic install.

paintedbump1.jpg

got the pedals all finished, mkiii clutch, sc300 brake.

pedals.jpg

car looks good, I like that front lip with the Mark2 bumper. Have you tried to see or know if there is a difference between MK3 and SC300 brake pedals? I grabbed a MK3 from the junk yard but haven't installed it yet cause I think it'll sit too far to the right. I have a cut brake pedal and it's perfectly in the middle of the outer pedals. Looks good though man!

BudgetVIP, mk3 pedals work best (imo) for the x8. for the brake pedal, you DONT need the bracket, just the pedal. once removing your cressida pedal and comparing the two you will see that you need to cut off and weld back on the brake light tab. as for the clutch pedal install, re-drilling of the holes in the firewall is required.......however, i have found another way. i'll be postin pics soon so look out for my thread in the "Fuckin' showoffs" section.

ok this is the last pic until the entire car is done, i promise. i just want opinions on the wheels and tire size. 215/40-17 rt615 on 17x8.25 + 14 wheel. i still have to roll the fender. anyway, let me have it.

IMG_2500.JPG

Looks pretty deec. . Wheels should be wider though. . but for that wheels size..that tire size is perfecto. . . Its classic looking. . nice. .

What coilovers?

G.

Im loving the look of the rims. Should be a very clean setup when finished. Good work!

Those wheels look hot! With that much lip, they look at least to be 9's. I have the same style Zauber wheels and with an 8.5 +12 up front I had to roll the fender a little bit and I even added a 5mm spacer and a 215 45 17 and it fits perfect. Can't wait to see it on the ground, very nice!

That last pic is fucking hot!

Looks pretty deec. . Wheels should be wider though. . but for that wheels size..that tire size is perfecto. . . Its classic looking. . nice. .

What coilovers?

G.

sorry man... :(

+2K all around (14 front, 10 rear)

IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

Marc D hooked it up with the welding. Thanks again dude.

i think the wheels suit the jdm bumper+lip real nice! you're going to love the vvti man